• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Storm Tactical Data Book Review

mwroseberry

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 31, 2009
urbana, ohio
Well a month or so ago I went on the search for a good data book. Knowing from Marine training that keeping a databook was the best way to improve your shooting and making your shots repeatable. This is GREATLY helpful for putting shots on target at tactical matches.

databookcover.jpg

I decided to go with the Storm Tactical data book. First the service at Storm was excellent and turn around on my data book was ordered on Thursday and my data book arrived to me in Ohio (from nevada) on Monday. Excellent turn around. Upon recieving my data book it came with a CD which is full of the exact targets you will find on your shooting pages. You also have general drop chart data on standard ammo and calibers, as well as informational pages. Just check out their website for everything that is included.

I took my data book to my first match this weekend. I removed some of the pages from my data book just to pull it down in size and removed what I didn't need just for the match. For instance I knew I wouldn't be shooting moving targets and I shoot a 7mm-08 so the standard 308 drop chart doesn't do me much good. Next I pulled up a popular balistics program and estimated my bullet speed and wrote in the drop chart as it's provided in my data book. Since I knew I wouldn't be working in the MILs and instead working in MOA I filled out the MOA side and changed my mil side of my drop chart to (Did hit) data. I can now use this to give me a more accurate drop on future matches.

Dropchart.jpg

Using my drop and drift chart I was able to preset my scope to a drop for each range that I thought would get me close enough to the target to get splash from the spotter. The biggest thing with this data book is being honest on where you think the shot broke and marking it down on the hold image - then compairing it to the hit side once you record the shot. These data books have everything needed on the target pages to make all needed input easily accessible for future reference.

Firedata.jpg

These guys make the data books for our Marine snipers and it's quite obvious they have taken their time and studied the marksmanship training coarse because everything you would need is in this book. Even after the first competition I can already tell that this information gained from one competition is going to greatly assist in my future competitions.

Storm Tactical produces a GREAT product, has GREAT service and supports our service men. They have a customer for life.

PM me with any questions you guys have, anything from how to fill your pages out to which binder type to get.

Thanks,
Merritt

Re: Storm Tactical Data Book Review

Yes Storm Tactical data books are top notch, and Mark at Storm Tactical is a cool guy. He really goes out of his way for you, to make sure you get what you need.

Mark is a very nice man, which is a rare thing on this planet regardles of what business you happen to be in.

A few years ago he made me a custom ELR book similar to one he did for Later. I used it twice last year, for days at a time, and it absolutely rocks!

I also snagged two of his Rifles Only data books from the prize table at the 'Bash. I gave one away and found myself using the other one.

Mark made custom books for our tactical team. He was great to deal with and very quick. The price was really easy to sell to the brass. We got the books today. They are fantastic. There are pages in there that I haven't seen in any other books.

You also get a CD with instructions and targets you can print out which match the target pages in the book.

Mark and Storm Tactical are good to go.

I like Marks books so much, they are the only ones I use and offer to students.

John

I'm a fan of the books as well, it's getting pretty loaded up with valuable data.

Is there any chance that I will soon be able to get hold of some data book pages for my Storm Tactical book, that have the Sniper's Hide Dot Drill?

I'd love to be able to record my attempts in my log book.

DSCN2431web.jpg

Technical RETICLE HOLD pages like no one else has done.

DSCN2180web.jpg

These books are available from the MANNERS STOCKS website. These are special edition RnR books with Manners logo.

DSCN2185web.jpg

DSCN3062web-1.jpg

We did a run of limited edition skull cordura covers too.

DSCN2156web.jpg

Another day at the office.. A few Hoodies remain, we will order more in 2012.

+1 for a GREAT product and EXCELLENT customer service. I ordered 2 late Tues night and within min had a personal email from Mark thanking me for the order. Merritt introduced me to this book last weekend at TVP and it is top notch. Nice to know my money is going to go towards helping our service men as well.

More pallets of Storm Tactical product. Thanks for the orders gents! Mark & The Crew
DSCN2646web-1.jpg

Pallet on the left is about 800 LBS, and $18,000.00.

DSCN2652web-1.jpg

We had to rent a second storage unit to handle all the RnR Paper, 3 ring, and 6 ring binders coming in this week.

I ordered my storm tactical data book with a Triad Small Two Way Data Book Cover, and really like the combo for a more compact package. Great job guys!

vkc

Those covers Triad is now carrying are a perfect addition to our mini RnR books.

AmericanSnipers.org also has our RnR kits in stock. Our binders are made with 35 guage polydura and have blacked-out rings.
DSCN4641web-1.jpg

Thanks again everyone and have a great Christmas.

Mark & The Crew

I used mine down at ntrp. Great book and a valuable training asset.

You make a great product mark. Thanks.

John,
Good to hear.

Guys, we will have plenty of books on the table at the www.AmericanSnipers.org booth, 3rd floot at SHOT. Every dime from those sales goes directly for gear for the snipers in country.

Does the Mini RnR kit come with the Triad cover, or do I have to go to Triad's site and order the book and cover separately. I like the Triad cover a lot better than any other covers I have seen.

I just recently purchased the RnR sniper kit and its outstanding. If you write small ots an awesome option and a bit smaller when packed away.

Mark even hooked me up and sent it on his day off. The guys at storm tactical are outstanding.

Good Luck,
Merritt

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Colonel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does the Mini RnR kit come with the Triad cover, or do I have to go to Triad's site and order the book and cover separately. I like the Triad cover a lot better than any other covers I have seen. </div></div>

You need to order the cover from Triad.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Triad</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Colonel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does the Mini RnR kit come with the Triad cover, or do I have to go to Triad's site and order the book and cover separately. I like the Triad cover a lot better than any other covers I have seen. </div></div>
You need to order the cover from Triad. </div></div>

Col, Yes, you get the Triad cover from Triad's website, and the Storm Data Book from Triad's site as well, for one-stop shopping. See links below. I have one of those covers on one of my personal kits, they are well made. I also like Triad's selection of quality stock packs and squeeze bags...

http://www.triadtactical.com/Storm-Tactical/

http://www.triadtactical.com/Triad-Small-Two-Way-Data-Book-Cover-TT.html