• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

STR-80 Case Completed.

FS1

Unbalanced
Minuteman
  • Mar 24, 2014
    Earth
    I love this case. I originally posted this case in equipment but it likely should have been here. This is the finished product after having the foam covered in nylon.

Reactions: bhoges
    Isn't is crazy that a 4k spotter doesn't come with a spotter? I asked them at Shot why don't they make one. Pretty cool.

Cross linked 2lb 3/4" polyethylene foam at the foam factory. 23$ or so.

200 denier oxford black nylon 10$ found it on amazon.

Reactions: Bri0242
    That’s awesome. I bought one of these and it seems like the spotting scope portion is very similar inside.

Great ingenuity on your end.

Guys,

I used this one...(45.00)

https://www.eurooptic.com/Hensoldt-Spotter-45-60-Tan-MOLLE-Soft-Case-10172423.aspx

I bought 2 because the other holds accessories and eye pieces...it will not hold the STR-80 with the Eyepiece attached (too short, that’s the only problem. But they are excellent bags

My Hensoldt came in it. I used a different hard case for it and used it for accessories.

I load the STR-80 in its bag and the Hensoldt together in a pelican case that fits both and it’s a nice package.