• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Strange things at the NFA ?

John L

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 19, 2010
MI
Mailed my Form 4 paperwork June 22. Called today just to make sure they had it. I was told it went pending July 7th. Seems awful quick to go pending, not that I am complaining.

Re: Strange things at the NFA ?

that's interesting... Wonder if it means the whole process is about to speed up?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KrazyL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">that's interesting... Wonder if it means the whole process is about to speed up? </div></div>

From your lips to God's ears, my friend!!!
wink.gif

Actually, I think it just happens sometimes that somethings gets through faster than others (especially depending on the examiner). That is FREAKISHLY quick by any standard though!!

Know what's strange, called last week, told me my approved date was sept 9th, cool..............that was a sunday

My last one was mailed on 8/2, check cashed on 8/8 and went pending on 8/15. Hopefully it's a sign that the process is speeding up, but I'm not holding my breath.

What number are you guys calling to get these updates ?

my last one was mailed 8/3-- check cashed 8/8 pending 8/16. Also earlier than expected, but not complaining. I had one in June that was 15 days from check cashed to pending and one in July that was 14 days from cashed to pending.

304-616-4500

You will need your name, your dealers name, and the serial number of your item.

I may be off on this cause I haven't done one in a while, although will be soon (yea templar group buy) but I thought as soon as they got it to the examiner it went pending. Then it sits with them for months on end. Have things changed?

I miss the days when things went through in 6 weeks, not 6 months.

Tag. I"m waiting on Mile High to get more SAS Arbiters...I'm finally ready to buy my first one. This is good news.

I sent in two form 4's Around July 20 and July 25, they both went pending on 8/2. That is much better than than taking 28 days that it did in March on a form 1. The examiner assistants are definitely helping out, but I'm not sure how long they get to keep them.

I think it is a crap shoot there some go quick and some are held up for unknown reasons. After dealing with them for 14 years nothing seems consistent.

I called the other week. Mailed 8/23 check cashed 5 days later, pending 8/30 with an expected approval in 2/13.

I hope that it my be true!! today i am going to my local dealer to do my form 4 (first one ever!!) but from what i have been reading looks like i still have anywhere between 4 - 6 months before i can play!! so better go get this process started!!!

My first form 4 cycle time was just a little less than 7 months and I got my SAS Arbiter in July of this year. Talked to my LGS a couple weeks ago and a customer just had one completed in 4 months. I live in Michigan and suppressors have been authorized here for just over a year IIRC. So, yeah I think there has been a change for the better at the NFA branch.

So far haven't seen any come back in under 6 months this year...Form 4s are just now showing up from February/March timeframe.

Just because it's pending doesn't mean they're actually going to process it immediately.

On the other hand, Form 4s going from individual to dealer seem to be taking about 30 days or so right now...

I hope I'm ahead of you on the waiting list from Mile High...haha

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: COfox</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tag. I"m waiting on Mile High to get more SAS Arbiters...I'm finally ready to buy my first one. This is good news. </div></div>

The time from check cashing to pending varies considerably and has nothing to do with approval times. Pending means that the forms information has been entered into the computer. That is done by either an intern or one of the new helpers they hired to keep the examiners from being distracted from their work. I've had transfers that went 5 months from check cashing to pending then were approved a few days later. I've had transfers that had 3 days between check cashing and pending then took 6 months for approval. The average transfer time for my form 4 customers has been 6 months over the last 2 years. I keep hearing that things are speeding up but I haven't seen any changes yet. Pending just means its in the system and doesn't really give you any info on possible approval.

Frank