• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Strapping a Rifle to a bag?

CSGrizzly

Private
Minuteman
Feb 10, 2021
North Carolina
I have been on a Google deep dive trying to find this answer. I have a 5.11 bag from about 8 years ago that I'm using as a bug out bag and a hiking/camping bag when needed. A lot of the suggestions I found were either bags that have these scabbard built in or scabbard that seem extremely bulky.

This is currently what is on my radar but given the amount of stuff already going into this bag, I'm worried thats going to be a lot. I was expecting something that is molle compatible with some synch pull straps to be honest, but I know that leaves my guns exposed to damage. My AR, I don't car too too much about that but my Tikka, maybe a little.

I have a S&W sport 2 that I'll put there but if I have any camping trips, I'll be taking my Tikka.

Thoughts?

Don't know why I wasn't expecting an elitist. Shame on me.

But you're right. Because this is my first post and provided a point of reference for things I saw to help communicate, I clearly must be new to this. Never mind that I wasn't intending on buying that exact item from that exact website.

But hey, when SGS, you let me know how you're too good for certain products touching your clearly Godlike physique or how if it ain't a turkey dinner, you won't eat it.

But you're right. Because this is my first post and provided a point of reference for things I saw to help communicate, I clearly must be new to this. Never mind that I wasn't intending on buying that exact item from that exact website.

But hey, when SGS, you let me know how you're too good for certain products touching your clearly Godlike physique or how if it ain't a turkey dinner, you won't eat it.
Just an FYI; this is the bear pit. You may get a better response in the Armory/equipment sub forum.

There are many that have a rifle "sheath".
Many top of the line hiking packs, Exo, Kifaru, Stone Glacier etc, have large lower
Side pockets and straps than can serve as a rifle stow point.

R

Reactions: CSGrizzly
A bug out bag you say?
That is an awesome scabbard in that link. It should go great with that 5:11 shit.
If you are really worried about gun damage, I'd get one of these:

They also sell a whale gutting knife, and other great bug out survival type stuff.

If you bug out, rifle damage is a huge issue, most people don't take into account. Pistol damage is also an issue.
Give those dainty tools the best protection you can.

Hi,

Who in the hell eats turkey....that is what wagu steaks are for...to eat. LOLOL

And yes I am proudly too good for certain products...no issue admitting that.

I also do not support companies that do not support my beliefs so I am a little less elitist and a little more patriotic.

Hahaha SGS.....When that happens I will not be worried about scratching my guns, haha

Sincerely,
Theis

Just an FYI; this is the bear pit. You may get a better response in the Armory/equipment sub forum.

Your Honor,
His very first post after he joined like...10 minutes ago, was a question about a "bug out bag". Then posted a link to some shit gear on Amazon. Heck I figured we are talking to a bot or a complete retard. Either way, I'm sure they will be a great addition to the Hide.

Sincerely,
Chikn

😇

other members posted pics of simple attachment for a rifle but i didn't save any links.

BEARTOOTH%20COYOTE%20RIFLE%20CARRY-1.jpg

Reactions: Rthur
Forget the straps, get yourself some spare parts.
springs, firing pin, trigger etc .

You can throw a quality rifle down a mountain and if the stock breaks off you can still shoot

one of those parts go south you have a very well protected 15 pound stick.

"Touching your clearly Godlike physique". That's so hot.

Are you jackwagons even listening?
Slings and packs and sleeves, oh my yall aren't seeing the picture.
Something to "protect" is what is needed here.

In all seriousness now, no more messing around. If you are really bugging out I suggest building a plywood box that will fit the rifle, or any weapon really, build with screws and gorilla glue. 3/4" ply minimum.
Next place weapon in box and fill with the loctite brand of spray foam. Dont use that cheapo "stufit" shit, its soft and may loosen up.
Just fill the box all around the weapon, leave the top open for the foam to "rise" out. Let harden, trim flush with top, place plywood lid on top, glue and screw. Easy peasy, in a few hours your rifle will be perfectly protected.

Gucci rifle carriers.🙄
Sling it.
Girlie Men with the latest in metrosexual fashionista equipment.
"Oh no, Joey BlahBlah came to the range yesterday in last year's F250, and wasn't wearing the latest Crye pants😱!"

Gut some ferals, eat the balls..... get some testosterone flowing through your oestrogen laden systems.
Rude Fuckers.

• Love
Reactions: Alphatreedog
Saaaling .

Attachments

• Q3PPKKBEDRFNZAGZFXJNNLZIHU.jpg
    Q3PPKKBEDRFNZAGZFXJNNLZIHU.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 35

I have carried one of their packs (not this one) for years. My nephew stole it to take on deployment. Got it back when he mustered out. Beat up but is still usable.

Buy American !

Ha! That's the proper way to break in a barrel. Hint!

Just spray the damn thing with "Gorilla Glue" ! Should be GTG ! Nothing will happen to it after that. Well, outside of some media attention, and some funny Memes.