• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Elfster's Rifles and Reloading VIDEO SERIES! for 6.5 creedmoor, 6.5 grendel, 9mm, 308, and 223! Enjoy :)

elfster1234

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Jun 3, 2012
    www.youtube.com
    My latest addition to the series in one single video.. with no words:

I’m not showing you how to reload. I'm only showing you how “I” reload.
    Check out my channel here & subscribe!
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8MG_tQBwBWt-m5EyvxMtNw
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pg/Elfsters-Rifles-and-Reloading-290109187992306/posts/

reloading for 6.5 creedmoor LIVE with bullets on paper & follow up load development confirmation in the final 8th part of this series.. enjoy my good friends!

reloading for 6.5 Grendel! enjoy!

2part 9mm reloading start to finish (pretty much same $hit for other pistol ammo such as 40sw & 45acp):

Link to the OG reloading series for .223 and .308 playlist here!
    Link to FX120i lab scale & v3 powder drop / trickle series here!

Last edited:
    the LIVE STREAM reloading event is 100% done! for those that watched, I hope you enjoyed it & learned something on the way.. I know I did in regards to doing LIVE streamed shows LOL!

Thank you very much Todd for the hard work you did in making these instructional videos. I sure learned a lot and will attempt to start reloading very soon. I need to get a couple more of your cool t-shirts. :)

Reactions: elfster1234
    Just added this bad boy to the OP also LOL... There is NO twisting my arm to hit the range & make some vids LOL

ACTUAL RELOADED AMMO SHOT ON PAPER WITH 1 TOTAL 6X5 @ 100YARDS RRA 18" ATH!

Great job, Todd!
    Thanks for the effort that you put into all of your projects!
    I'm go to go ahead and pin this as a permanent resource.

just added a metric shit load of reloading information goodness to the OP.. enjoy my friends.. send me a message with any reloading questions.

Reactions: atomic41
    I'm pretty much always learning, and often consider a day where knowledge does not grow as being a lost one. Elfster makes that process a lot closer to being a slam-dunk. For this I am grateful.

What I am most grateful to him for is the help he has given me in finding the value in PSA brand products. Between AR Stoner and PSA, these two sources amount to about 90% of my parts and component choices when building my AR's these days. They provide me with an affordable source of generic Mil-spec core parts which form an armature upon which I can build those things that I cannot buy in factory packages.

I like things a certain way, and very often, they aren't ways that provide a respectably large market segment for factories to address. So I am sometimes forced to experiment on my own. This has a price, and by using these sources, it becomes a more affordable process.

So thanks to Todd, and to PSA; and I also like AR Stoner.

Greg

PS, I have great respect for Todd, given his history with Cancer. I myself spent about 7 years fighting different strains of lymphoma repeatedly. I won my fight and it looks like Todd did with his too. Oncologists don't use words like cure, they speak in terms of remissions. I've been since 1997.

When we get that far, we tend to wonder what it is that the Creator saved us for, what it is that we are expected to do to justify His grace and assistance. In no small part, what I do here is about carrying that payment forward. I suspect Todd's work here could be similar.

Last edited:
    Wow, that was a very moving post and I greatly appreciate that! Thank you! 🇺🇸👍🇺🇸

I'm pretty much always learning, and often consider a day where knowledge does not grow as being a lost one. Elfster makes that process a lot closer to being a slam-dunk. For this I am grateful.

What I am most grateful to him for is the help he has given me in finding the value in PSA brand products. Between AR Stoner and PSA, these two sources amount to about 90% of my parts and component choices when building my AR's these days. They provide me with an affordable source of generic Mil-spec core parts which form an armature upon which I can build those things that I cannot buy in factory packages.

I like things a certain way, and very often, they aren't ways that provide a respectably large market segment for factories to address. So I am sometimes forced to experiment on my own. This has a price, and by using these sources, it becomes a more affordable process.

So thanks to Todd, and to PSA; and I also like AR Stoner.

Greg

PS, I have great respect for Todd, given his history with Cancer. I myself spent about 7 years fighting differnet strains of lymphoma repeatedly. I won my fight and it looks like Todd did with his too. Oncologists don't use words like cure, they speak in terms of remissions. I've been since 1997.

When we get that far, we tend to wonder what it is that the Creator saved us for, what it is that we are expected to do to justify His grace and assistance. In no small part, what I do here is about carrying that payment forward. I suspect Todd's work here could be similar.

Reactions: Greg Langelius *
    Just added this bad boy to the OP also LOL... There is NO twisting my arm to hit the range & make some vids LOL

ACTUAL RELOADED AMMO SHOT ON PAPER WITH 1 TOTAL 6X5 @ 100YARDS RRA 18" ATH!

Thanks for all the useful information. Helping out each other with real world experience is what it's all about.

I went on a reloading hiatus when I moved some years back. I sold most of my equipment and just getting back into it. I watched the "OG" videos from this post and could not be happier that I did. Great video series and great work with the equipment list. Thanks!

I just started watching some of your videos on the Autotrickler and cleaning brass. Very informative. There seems to be a lot of debate on cleaning.........wet verses dry,ss verses vibratory with rice, ect.

I tried your method of just wet tumble w/o ss. My only concern is the primer pockets as I really like how well the ss cleans the pockets. Is it a big deal? I know that I can just use a primer pocket uniformer, but I'm not that experienced with reloading and thought I'd ask for your insights.

Thanks again for the videos and the work you put into them..................

If you're going to uniform, then I wouldn't worry about it. If it's not 100% precision ammo then I probably wouldn't worry about it. I have been as of late been using southern shine stainless media and its awesome.
    I just started watching some of your videos on the Autotrickler and cleaning brass. Very informative. There seems to be a lot of debate on cleaning.........wet verses dry,ss verses vibratory with rice, ect.

I tried your method of just wet tumble w/o ss. My only concern is the primer pockets as I really like how well the ss cleans the pockets. Is it a big deal? I know that I can just use a primer pocket uniformer, but I'm not that experienced with reloading and thought I'd ask for your insights.

Thanks again for the videos and the work you put into them..................

Thanks for the advice Elfster.

I tried the rice thing and to be truthful, it was more of a pita than ss. Rice is tough to get out of the phole. I don't shoot enough to worry about the few extra steps when using ss.

Have a Happy Easter.............

Love your videos! We were FB friends for a few years while I had an account. Left that jungle Jan 2021. I was in Fresno in the beginning, 2016, now in Ketchikan. May ring a bell?

Elfster, Thanks for dedicating your time and effort into your video series in order to pass on valuable knowledge 🤘

I watched a few videos and really liked them, just a suggestion you should add a few Mr. Bean hmmmm’s …