• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Streamlight hL-x

silentnswift

Private
Minuteman
Jun 13, 2012
Kentucky
Does anyone now of an aftermarket tailcap/pressure switch for a streamlight protac HL-X? I have an older one I use at work and would like the ability to mount on my AR and use with a switch. I emailed streamlight to see if they sell the cap/switch alone.

Arisaka makes an adapter to surefire, dunno if the older HLX are different cap threads but I'd start there

Reactions: RS14
Streamlight has their own switch, available lots of places, including Amazon I believe. Mine came with the remote switch, works like it should. I think Cloud Defensive and Arisaka have switches also.

Yeah, I gave some wrong info I guess. I thought the hl-x had the same switch as the other protacs. Sorry about that. Arisaka sells an adapter so you can use a surefire scout switch, but for the costni think you can buy another hl-x with the switch included. About 109.00 from Amazon, 105.00 from Primary Arms.

Arisaka makes tailcaps that allow you to run Surefire & Unity Tactical switches. There's a version for the HL-X as well as the HL1 & 2. I've seen a few of the HL-X tapeswitch tailcaps fail at work. If you're going to stick with the HL-X light, I would definitely swap it out for something that allows you to use a plug-in (aka, replaceable) pressure switch.