• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Streamlight TLR-2 HL G.....Issue or No

KM1

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jul 7, 2020
Anyone on here own or have used a Streamlight TLR-2 HL G? Not sure this is an issue with the unit or normal behavior....but not sure why this would be normal behavior, seems weird. Anyway, when I have it set for only the Green Laser, and I toggle knob on and off, or turn it on constant on....I get an initial strobe from the light. Is this normal???

I wouldn't think that this would or should be something it would do, but it does. I would think that when one has it on laser only, whether a quick on/off or constant laser on, that THAT would be the only thing that goes on. Not sure the reason or purpose for the initial single strobe from the light. Just want to know if this is a defect in my unit....or normal operation of this unit.

The sight doesn't allow a video upload for demonstrations purposes so the only thing I can say is in toggling the on/off for the green laser, I get one quick strobe each time I do this. If I use constant on for the green laser only...I get one quick strobe out of the light as the green laser lights up.