• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Strelok: 155 gr Scenar L vs Scenar G7 BC

762libertarian

Private
Minuteman
Feb 24, 2012
Lapua recently discontinued the 155 gr Scenar in favour of a Scenar L bullet with the same mass. From reading online and confirming with Lapua I learned that these two bullets are supposed to be exactly the same except the L version has tighter tolerances.

Well my Strelok app, which I believe sources data from Applied Ballistics, lists the Scenar as 0.230 and the Scenar L as 0.221.

Which one is it? Are they both .221 or .230 or is there a difference?

As a side note, the 167 gr Scenar, which is a cheap bullet known for accuracy and which also is easy to load to a good velocity, is listed in Strelok as 0.223.

Edit: don't tell me to go to the range and verify it myself. I'm home alone with a toddler.

Last edited:
For what its worth, I have them plugged in at .230 but I have only shot them out to 550 meters. But out to that distance, they track just fine.
I run a Sako TRG22 with the 26" barrel. I dont think there is a lot of people that can shoot the difference (G7 .009).

Last edited:
^ Most people will not be able to, when you get time choose one or the other. Shoot to your rounds transonic range and then you can true up from there, I would be more inclined to use the .221 from AB but it is up to you.

You guys are right, I wasn't thinking straight. I found this anomaly while watching my little one year old raging barbarian.

Lapua recently discontinued the 155 gr Scenar in favour of a Scenar L bullet with the same mass. From reading online and confirming with Lapua I learned that these two bullets are supposed to be exactly the same except the L version has tighter tolerances.

Well my Strelok app, which I believe sources data from Applied Ballistics, lists the Scenar as 0.230 and the Scenar L as 0.221.

Which one is it? Are they both .221 or .230 or is there a difference?

As a side note, the 167 gr Scenar, which is a cheap bullet known for accuracy and which also is easy to load to a good velocity, is listed in Strelok as 0.223.

Edit: don't tell me to go to the range and verify it myself. I'm home alone with a toddler.
.236 G 7 from original Litz book proves out