• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Strelok ballistic calculator for Android

rusty815

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 24, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Anyone use it? it seems pretty accurate and it comes with a lot of options, Thought I might try it out next time I go to the range.

Re: Strelok ballistic calculator for Android

I have it. Good program - and you can't beat the price!

The only thing that it does that confuses me is it gives different values for head and tail winds. Other calculators treat these as what are known as "no value" winds. I've been researching this. Some people say it does effect bullet flight. Some say it does not. At the moment, I'm inclined to be live that it does. I just now got my load developed. I'm looking forward to using it and see how it does. I have it for both android & iPad. The iPad version allows you to email a drop chart to yourself so you can print it out. I am usually very close at 640 yards with it and that was with an unknown muzzle velocity, the rest has just been doping for the wind incorrectly I'm sure.

The android version allows emailing a drop chart to yourself as well. I like the program, its close to some of the numbers I'm seeing from other programs. I like that you can choose between mils and moa, choose from a wide assortment of reticles (if you would rather hold over instead of adjust), and gives you a lot of information on the drop chart. Can anyone compare them to other programs, like shooter for android, etc?

I use it, I really like it. It works better then the other ones I have used. I like how it shows you where to hold off on the reticle.

Its not as good because you can't you can't use the g7 bc witch matches the long range bullets curve. When you use the g7 bc drop is almost always on the money as long as the info you put in is correct. The only time you use the g1 bc is when you use flatbace bullets . Strelok only uses g1 bc witch makes it very hard to accurately predict trajectory. I believe shooter uses the correct g7 bc and I believe it would make a better choice.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shooter.dm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Its not as good because you can't you can't use the g7 bc witch matches the long range bullets curve. When you use the g7 bc drop is almost always on the money as long as the info you put in is correct. The only time you use the g1 bc is when you use flatbace bullets . Strelok only uses g1 bc witch makes it very hard to accurately predict trajectory. I believe shooter uses the correct g7 bc and I believe it would make a better choice. </div></div>

Not to get into this debate, it has been discussed here quite a bit before, but I believe Lowlight disproved the myth that G7 is more accurate than G1, that in the end it really just depends on the program and how it calculates it or something.

Bryan Litz the guy who wrote Applied ballistics for long range shooting also the foremost man in the study of ballistics has proved that the g7 is the beat standard to use. I did not believe it but try it out your self most programs use the same calculations but the g7 is more accurate as I found out I almost all ways get first rounds within 1 to 2 in on my drop out to 900 yards. Bryan is also a hide member so you can find him and ask him what he recommends.

The theory and logic of G7 makes perfect sense. However, in my humble experience, I've found G1 to work better for my 308 with the 175smk.

Im pretty sure I saw a Lowlight video where he was playing with calculators, G1 vs G7 and a 308 AI. I think he also found G1 to be a bit closer.

I'm not saying G7 is "wrong"... I'm sure it depends on the bullet, velocity and calculator.

I AM saying I think it's wrong to make the blanket statement that "G7 is just better/more accurate".