• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Strelok calculator for Andriod

CohenJ87

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 22, 2012
Minnesota
Hey guys I am new to the world of long range shooting and was just curious as to how good the Strelok calculator is, I am not gonna be trying to chuck rounds out to 1000 yards as my range only allows 500. I am pretty much just looking to use to to get on paper at all the ranges at my local range without wasting a ton of expensive ammo in the process. Thanks in advnace!

Re: Strelok calculator for Andriod

Strelok works great with good inputs.

Predicted dope within 1moa for my 308 @ 1760 yards.

I use it for all my long range rifles with good results. You do need to get your scope highth correct for accurate results. The better the data you put in the better the results.

Why spend 9.99 when you could get something just as good for free?

I've shot out to a mile only once with my 300WSM, but Strelok was within .2 mil of the target.

Yeah I just guessed on the scope height, I don't exactly know how to get an accurate number on the. I have am EGW 20 moa base, Leupold Mark4 medium height rings and a Leupold Mark AR 6-18x40mm scope. If anyone knows an easy way to figure that out? Do you have to physically measure with like a caliper? Do you start from the center of the scope or the bottom? Like I said I am new to long range shooting and most all my expirence and knowledge is in pistols and mid-short range AR-15's. Thanks again guys!

If I may,

Simply use a tape measure and measure from the center of scope to center of bore to get it close. Now verify (not necessarily zero) at 300 yds. You decide what your zero will be and then add come-ups or hold-ups to get you dead on at 300. (zero at 25 meters will be on paper at 300 yds for most scoped rifles) Shoot for groups and now adjust the scope so that the 300 yd dope is dead on. This will minimize any measuring error IMHO.

I used Strelok to 1000 yds and as mentioned above, it works with good input.

JoeZ

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rusty815</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why spend 9.99 when you could get something just as good for free?

I've shot out to a mile only once with my 300WSM, but Strelok was within .2 mil of the target.</div></div>

its not free anymore, its 5$ now...

I just picked up Strelok+. Its a cool app. I compare it to Shooter and ajust it to Shooter Calc. They are cheaper togeather than Applied Ballistics app. But it is a pain to have to try to get Shooter and Strelok+ to match. Have to dick with it a lot. $15 more may be worth it because I like Litz B.C. library and Strelok doesn't have it.

With Shooter and Strelok+ togeather you have AB without them being in sync. I always jump back and forth and it gets old.
I don't use hold over very often. I like to use the turret.
But if you are in a hurry you can't beet the reticle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JoeZ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If I may,

Simply use a tape measure and measure from the center of scope to center of bore to get it close. Now verify (not necessarily zero) at 300 yds. You decide what your zero will be and then add come-ups or hold-ups to get you dead on at 300. (zero at 25 meters will be on paper at 300 yds for most scoped rifles) Shoot for groups and now adjust the scope so that the 300 yd dope is dead on. This will minimize any measuring error IMHO.

I used Strelok to 1000 yds and as mentioned above, it works with good input.

JoeZ </div></div>

THANKS!! I have been wondering how to do this, i figured it was center to center. Strange thing was I was going to get on and ask the same question about Strelok today as I just got a droid. ByeBye Blackberry...lol

To the OP, thanks for beating me to it!

Happy shooting!

I've had issues with strelok's elevation and barometric pressure.

For example, if I keep pressure at 25.5 in(hg), then do a calculation at 1000ft, then another at 10,000ft, they will be identical, or close enough to it.

However, do the same thing in Strelok, and you can get some oddities. The biggest weirdness is simply do a calculation at 0ft, then one at 1ft. That one foot difference (everything else kept the same), gives almost a 1/4 MOA change at 500yd for a generic .260 load.

Definitley got me on paper but I was about 6 inches low so I am assuming my fps guess was off by about 100 fps. I need a chrono but can only guess until I gain access to one. I was plugged in at 2600 fps for Federal GMM 175 SMK out of a 1:10 twist 20 inch barrel.

What does the paid version give you that the free one doesnt, if the free one already has my reticle?