• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Strelok now banned/sanctioned in the US.

It’s still showing up available in the apple App Store. I kinda what to buy it and download just to say fuck you.

Once downloaded I don’t see how they could block its use, or am I wrong?

Reactions: 338dude and BurtG
It’s still showing up available in the apple App Store. I kinda what to buy it and download just to say fuck you.

Once downloaded I don’t see how they could block its use, or am I wrong?
They can push an update to kill the app. Typically the publisher has to do this. There is nothing stopping apple or Android from pushing the kill update.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: shoobe01 and BurtG
They can push an update to kill the app. Typically the publisher has to do this. There is nothing stopping apple or Android from pushing the kill update.
So avoiding updates woudln't do any good...it's forced and app is dead?

I have no idea on the Apple side of things.

Android you can have updates ask permission to install. I'm sure they have a way to force it if they really want.

Would it be alright to use if Igor moved to the Ukraine, although the Russians would still be using the app? I mean, I just saw on TV where Bahrain is shipping Dodge Rams through Georgia to Russia, each at $170K. Dodge, Bahrain, or Georgia are being punished.

Reactions: BurtG
Sucks for sure.
I had to send a question via email that now I realize was very new/stupid but he answered it within an hour. Seems nice from email and app is always updated frequently for reticles I'll never use.

Backup your info from strelok to Google/Dropbox/your phone or device

Reactions: Kalthoff and BurtG
What is known about the author of these apps? Igor Borisov - closely associated with the Russian government, former Russian MP. Was be sentenced to 5 years in prison for fraud on an especially large scale, due to strange circumstances, released early after one year. After that, the owner of a large telecommunications company AIST, which was sold in 2016 to the Rostelecom - Russian monopoly in this area for more than $20 million. After the start of the war, Igor banned the download of his apps for residents of Ukraine, and in Russia his apps takes first place in all charts.

His ballistic apps are also very popular with the US military (also first places in tool charts). The Privace Policy description of the programs in the app store says the following: "Data Not Collected. The app does not collect any data from this app."
We asked fellow programmers what they think about this. A few minutes later, we received a response that even after a cursory inspection of these programs, they noticed the following: These programs at least use a dropbox API that collects personal user data. And the dropbox developers directly indicate on their page ( https://github.com/dropbox/dropbox-sdk-obj-c#app-store-connect-privacy-labels ) that all those who use their developments are required to indicate this in the description of the programs, the fact that the program that uses the dropbox api collects your personal data. On this basis, we can make an unambiguous conclusion that the developer deliberately indicates false information about his programs, Apple does not verify this information in any way, and all responsibility lies only with the developer. What other data does this program collect, does it ask for your location, does it know all your ammunition? US military is not immune from being tracked by this apps?
Too late and too tired to dig up right now, but if true, I can understand gov wanting to ban this for the same reason the gov wants to ban tiktok. Granted, I don't personally believe apps should be banned for EVERYONE rather than say "[choose some level of] gov employees only" or "people with X clearance level", but at the same time, if this were framed as "do you want to give XYZ governments information about all your guns" - I'm sure many here and elsewhere would also have some complaints about the app.

What is known about the author of these apps? Igor Borisov - closely associated with the Russian government, former Russian MP. Was be sentenced to 5 years in prison for fraud on an especially large scale, due to strange circumstances, released early after one year. After that, the owner of a large telecommunications company AIST, which was sold in 2016 to the Rostelecom - Russian monopoly in this area for more than $20 million. After the start of the war, Igor banned the download of his apps for residents of Ukraine, and in Russia his apps takes first place in all charts.

His ballistic apps are also very popular with the US military (also first places in tool charts). The Privace Policy description of the programs in the app store says the following: "Data Not Collected. The app does not collect any data from this app."
We asked fellow programmers what they think about this. A few minutes later, we received a response that even after a cursory inspection of these programs, they noticed the following: These programs at least use a dropbox API that collects personal user data. And the dropbox developers directly indicate on their page ( https://github.com/dropbox/dropbox-sdk-obj-c#app-store-connect-privacy-labels ) that all those who use their developments are required to indicate this in the description of the programs, the fact that the program that uses the dropbox api collects your personal data. On this basis, we can make an unambiguous conclusion that the developer deliberately indicates false information about his programs, Apple does not verify this information in any way, and all responsibility lies only with the developer. What other data does this program collect, does it ask for your location, does it know all your ammunition? US military is not immune from being tracked by this apps?

That's an interesting first post to make 4 minutes after joining the forum.

I thought the same. The post glows a bit.

As for android. To my knowledge, if an app is taken down from the store, and you have it installed, it will be persistent in your device. It does not remotely delete it.

Does make it hard for updates and new installs, or reinstalls for formatted / scrubbed devices, but those are the breaks.

Yeah cause I’m sure the ukes haven’t used it on the Russians.

Got anything credible to back that up or are we just supposed to believe it because someone said it?

Reactions: Charmingmander

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-02-27 at 19.55.26.png
    Screenshot 2023-02-27 at 19.55.26.png
    389.4 KB · Views: 195
Reactions: amymorgan20
What evidence do you need?
Here is an example of proof that Borisov was a deputy: https://dumatlt.ru/deputies/sostav_duma/deputiesII.php
Here is the proof that Borisov was sentenced to 5 years: https://www.kommersant.ru/doc/415973
In attach is proof that Strelok Pro is disabled only for residents of Ukraine:

Post screenshots, I’m not clicking some wack ass links. How is that proof that it’s the same Igor Borisov? Google the name and there’s a shit load of people with that name.

What the fuck is your mission here and who do you work for?

Interesting first post....

Reactions: geek65

Hello Ukrainian security forces agent. How do you do?

1677594785472.png

Last edited:

You make a lot of claims for which you provide zero evidence.

Post screenshots, I’m not clicking some wack ass links. How is that proof that it’s the same Igor Borisov? Google the name and there’s a shit load of people with that name.

Why are you so aggressive because you have more messages than me? It's funny, does it give you the right to use words like "Fuck" with me?
What goals can I pursue? To impose sanctions on Borisov twiсe? because I wrote a message on a small forum? Are you seriously?
Why was this thread created? To write what a stupid government and that you need to vote for Trump or help Russian? Why do you need no evidence to write that the government is stupid, but to prove the opposite, you require documents from me certified by a notary?
If I send screenshots where there is Russian text, how can you translate them and make sure that I did not write this text in Word? lol
If I send you a link to Wikipedia, to an article that was written in 2008, will you not be afraid to open it and claim that this is all a global conspiracy?
This is an article about the AIST company, which says that its owner and founder is deputy Igor Vladimirovich Borisov and describes the scheme according to which Igor, being a Russian MP, allocated money from the state budget to his company and that the company was then sold for 20 million dollars to Russia.
Further, this article ( http://patron-info.ru/2012/2015-10-18/strelok-izvestnost-po-vsemu-miru ) is an interview with Igor Borisov with photo, where he himself says that he is the owner of the AIST company and that he is the author of the Strelok app (the article was written in 2012).

All other information is also tritely googled in 10 minutes. about his criminal record, about the fact that Strelok is disabled for Ukrainians, about the fact that the app uses an API that collects private data (for example Dropbox integration) and nothing is written about it.

Why are you so aggressive because you have more messages than me? It's funny, does it give you the right to use words like "Fuck" with me?
What goals can I pursue? To impose sanctions on Borisov twiсe? because I wrote a message on a small forum? Are you seriously?
Why was this thread created? To write what a stupid government and that you need to vote for Trump or help Russian? Why do you need no evidence to write that the government is stupid, but to prove the opposite, you require documents from me certified by a notary?
If I send screenshots where there is Russian text, how can you translate them and make sure that I did not write this text in Word? lol
If I send you a link to Wikipedia, to an article that was written in 2008, will you not be afraid to open it and claim that this is all a global conspiracy?
This is an article about the AIST company, which says that its owner and founder is deputy Igor Vladimirovich Borisov and describes the scheme according to which Igor, being a Russian MP, allocated money from the state budget to his company and that the company was then sold for 20 million dollars to Russia.
Further, this article ( http://patron-info.ru/2012/2015-10-18/strelok-izvestnost-po-vsemu-miru ) is an interview with Igor Borisov with photo, where he himself says that he is the owner of the AIST company and that he is the author of the Strelok app (the article was written in 2012).

All other information is also tritely googled in 10 minutes. about his criminal record, about the fact that Strelok is disabled for Ukrainians, about the fact that the app uses an API that collects private data (for example Dropbox integration) and nothing is written about it.

The first amendment gives me the right to use words like fuck. It has nothing to do with a post count.

This isn't CNN or some bullshit media site with single digit IQ followers that will believe anything that's told to them so long as they think the people telling it to them is on their side. There are smart people here and free thinkers, people that can see this war for what it is, and people that can see through the political agendas of those who are pushing it.

You came here for the sole purpose to post what you did, so you are quite clearly here for one reason. So we have plenty of reason to doubt you and anything you say.

Fuck you, fuck your agenda, and fuck off.

5A8C84F6-48CD-49F1-82A8-41A2F8449CC1.jpeg

What agency do you work for?

I guarantee russia or Igor accessing my firearm data will never negatively affect me

You and your co workers accessing everything about me (illegally) most definitely negatively affects me.

Stop beating your wife , Go kill yourself.

This sucks, but I figured it would happen at some point.

So does anyone know what other solver App is most similar to Strelok Pro..?

This sucks, but I figured it would happen at some point.

So does anyone know what other solver App is most similar to Strelok Pro..?
Hopefully Igor can rebrand , have servers in a different country.

Strelok has been dead nuts for me out to 1200+ Shooting targets ar matches. With no truing. Just put all the info in , bam. Hitting stuff like a 33 percent 10”x6” ipsc at 938

View attachment 8085688

I guarantee russia or Igor accessing my firearm data will never negatively affect me

You and your co workers accessing everything about me (illegally) most definitely negatively affects me.

Judging by his grammar in a couple posts and his join and post time I doubt he's in the US. The alphabetti's like their 9-5. Ukraine is 7hr ahead of eastern time so it's far more likely that some of our tax money is paying some twat waffle over there to spread their BS.

Hopefully Igor can rebrand , have servers in a different country.

Strelok has been dead nuts for me out to 1200+ Shooting targets ar matches. With no truing. Just put all the info in , bam. Hitting stuff like a 33 percent 10”x6” ipsc at 938

The math seems to be the same with all of them so I'm sure we can all find another solver to use, but Strelok's interface is/was what makes it so good/easy IMO. The old less is more adage.

ETA: just opened 4DOF and Geoballistics on my iPhone... they both suck lol.

Reactions: BurtG

Friend, even if make mischief in trouser is not interestingly me.

@fdkay

He is most likely Ukrainian. His diction is that of an Eastern European who learned American English in his late teens. he's part of the bot army to suppress anything pro or neutral Russian on message boards.

I read the git entries and there is nothing there about Strelok. I'd have to run it in a debugger to see what it does. I frankly don't have time and he does not post evidence of his claims - which would be easy to do on YouTube.

Привет.

He is most likely Ukrainian. His diction is that of an Eastern European who learned American English in his late teens. he's part of the bot army to suppress anything pro or neutral Russian on message boards.

I read the git entries and there is nothing there about Strelok. I'd have to run it in a debugger to see what it does. I frankly don't have time and he does not post evidence of his claims - which would be easy to do on YouTube.

He came to the wrong house.

Reactions: bwo44 and BurtG
...if an app is taken down from the store, and you have it installed, it will be persistent in your device. It does not remotely delete it.

Does make it hard for updates and new installs, or reinstalls for formatted / scrubbed devices, but those are the breaks.
This. The OS makers/store-distributors have little control over the device in your pocket. Once installed it is installed and NO they do not dig into the code and modify things. The app submitted to the store for review and distribution is packaged up, and quite hard to open up and edit (I never say impossible, but... deeply impractical).

Android specifically allows "sideloading" or install via APK file directly, and it is not even too tedious. So even if we get a 100% ban on Strelok, we'd presumably just go to his website (or a mirror of it outside RUS), download the file, and install it anyway. Etc.

Apple has no sideloading, but still cannot to the best of my knowledge disable or remove apps already installed. Seen tons of cases where people kept using an old phone for one app that was beloved but discontinued.

Apple has no sideloading, but still cannot to the best of my knowledge disable or remove apps already installed. Seen tons of cases where people kept using an old phone for one app that was beloved but discontinued.

Thanks.

It's only been ~5 minutes and the Hornady and Geoballistics Apps already have me wanting to spike my iPhone like Gronk spikes a football...

Hornady should be ashamed of themselves.

How the hell does one true their MV and/or BC with the Hornady App (with Strelok Pro it's a 2-button press, 2-second operation)..?

Does anyone know if Hornady has a rep on the Hide? Do they even know how shitty their App is lol..?

Last edited:
View attachment 8085688

But he told me to vote for Trump, he's above suspicion!