• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Strelok Pro "calculating vertical deflection as a percent of crossswind"

smoothy8500

Private
Minuteman
Oct 10, 2012
South Orange County, CA
Recently installed Strelok and just going through settings to familiarize myself with the program. Looks like the default setting is 10% of the crosswind is factored into the elevation solution? I remember something from high school physics about spinning objects creating lift. I'm assuming leave all the corrections such as Coriolis/spin-drift/deflection off, based on some posts that I'm reading here?

Last edited:
Maybe because of the Magnus effect: A left>right wind will spin the bullet high (with a right-twist barrel), and a right>left wind will spin the bullet low.

Attachments

• magnus.png
    magnus.png
    11.1 KB · Views: 59
I had heard AJ or aerodynamic jump mentioned here but wasn't familiar with it and had to look it up. Sounds like that's what the correction is factoring.

So, leave the corrections (AJ, Coriolis, spin-drift) off for now?

Last edited:
I had heard AJ or aerodynamic jump mentioned here but wasn't familiar with it and had to look it up. Sounds like that's what the correction is factoring.

So, leave the corrections (AJ, Coriolis, spin-drift) off for now?
Thats what i do. YMMV.