• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Strelok Pro

tm6.5

Private
Minuteman
Jan 1, 2021
Ohio
Igor Borisov posted on the Strelok Facebook forum this morning that he and the Strelok ballistics app are being sanctioned by the state department based on the potential that the application is used by the Russians. I've been using the app for several years, and don't really want to find a new one, but it will probably disappear off of the app store.

I would imagine it is being used by the Ukranians also.......

Igor Borisov posted on the Strelok Facebook forum this morning that he and the Strelok ballistics app are being sanctioned by the state department based on the potential that the application is used by the Russians. I've been using the app for several years, and don't really want to find a new one, but it will probably disappear off of the app store.

I would imagine it is being used by the Ukranians also.......
And what is the nature of the sanction? Google and Apple would make it unavailable for some countries? I saw it coming, sooner or later it was going to happen

Reactions: LastShot300
This certainly doesn’t bode well for free speech here in the US. At what moment does the .gov decide ALL ballistic apps are too dangerous for us mere peons to possess? AB comes to mind immediately as it is used by many military units

This certainly doesn’t bode well for free speech here in the US. At what moment does the .gov decide ALL ballistic apps are too dangerous for us mere peons to possess? AB comes to mind immediately as it is used by many military units
There is a RAND report not that old (a few years back) stating that ballistics software should be banned or tightly controlled.

What exactly does this mean? I'm not a computer guy so help me out here.
Would it stop working or just no updates with new reticles, etc.?

we would just go back to mil-dot master

I have an xls based calculator that I use to make my Density Altitude & Velocity variation cards. It runs a velocity spread and I have multiple cards, one for each DA. It got the job done for a number of years.

1677843940089.png

I can barely keep my sh1t straight copying my dope from Strelok to my data card before a stage; if I have to switch to printed lookup tables that need to be manually maintained I’ll be more of a hot mess than I already am 🤨

Reactions: Bcamos
I just checked and Strelok Pro is now gone from Play Store (for androids.)

How does one do that?
Settings>App Store>Toggle App Updates to off. You'll have to manually update all your Apps though. Do do that you go to the App Store icon>Tap your initials(top right after opening App Store) and scroll a bit down and you'll see all the Apps awaiting updates.

Reactions: 1911hombre
@Igor Borisov(Strelok Pro) Clarification for user's future.
1. Strelok Pro will live
2. Just use for a while without regular updates. Better times are sure to come. Maybe in a year. Just don't delete Strelok Pro and don't change your phone and Strelok Pro will be with you
Note for iPhone users. Turn off “Offload Unused Apps” in phone Settings

Attachments

• offload_unused_apps.jpg
    offload_unused_apps.jpg
    174.6 KB · Views: 84
as long as it keeps working as good as if not better than it does now life is all good .

I agree with others. You can keep using the app. If a new bullet comes along, just enter the data manually. And I think most guys who are handloading do that anyway because they have varied from the factory recipe. And things may eventually blow over. Either Trump gets elected or Hilary brokers another deal with the russians like she did when she was Sec of State.

Guys, there are many other stores where Strelok can be distributed from, so my guess is it should be available anytime soon. Not that I care of course because I don' run it, but others might.

1. Strelok Pro will live
2. Just use for a while without regular updates. Better times are sure to come. Maybe in a year. Just don't delete Strelok Pro and don't change your phone and Strelok Pro will be with you
Note for iPhone users. Turn off “Offload Unused Apps” in phone Settings
Just distribute it from any of the many stores available. Sure you are already thinking about this.

• Wow
Reactions: 1911hombre
Sanctioning Strelok Pro is about as silly as an embargo on Borscht. Or Stolichnaya Vodka. Granted, it is made in Latvia, most times, but it is a russian drink. When I was a young guy, if you were going to have vodka or some drink related to that, such as a Bloody Mary, a bottle of Stoli was the thing to have.

Dosvidanya, Tovarisch. (phonetic)

Umm... I just noticed that it is available in the Amazon (.de) Appstore? Version 6.9.3 is offered there... :unsure:

[edit] can't add link... Figure it out. amazon. de /Igor-Borisov-Strelok-Pro/dp/B00RZ6VWI6

It’s not Strelok, but it’s not bad, if you loose Strelok it’s a ok replacement with decent replacement features. I got a new phone, mine broke. I attached my Unitah Precision 300 blackout bolt action, that runs 110grn boarstooths. I didn’t change weather. LPVO is a Atibal MRAD 1-8. BB558AEF-0EF3-4284-ACDA-B94A5335066B.png

Attachments

• 8A1252A3-9E67-4F88-AA6F-8EB13CF39953.png
    8A1252A3-9E67-4F88-AA6F-8EB13CF39953.png
    345.1 KB · Views: 518
Reactions: Ronws
If y’all want more screen shots as I have just bought it and began playing with it. I can do it’s $9.99. I got Applied Ballistics, but got kids and sometimes it’s easier to send the 10 year old a chart when it falls of the gun, or a picture of the reticle so she remembers when she is in one tree blind and I’m in another.

It’s not Strelok, but it’s not bad, if you loose Strelok it’s a ok replacement with decent replacement features. I got a new phone, mine broke. I attached my Unitah Precision 300 blackout bolt action, that runs 110grn boarstooths. I didn’t change weather. LPVO is a Atibal MRAD 1-8. View attachment 8128487
Thank you. I am in the same situation as you and got my phone replaced unfortunately.

Has been looking for the alternative for a while. Just bought it and play around a little bit. Not too bad so far. Very very similar UI to the Strelok Pro. Few additional features that I didnt see it on the Strelok Pro. Could be a plus, but going to play around more.

Reactions: CrazyAZGreenBeret
This is pretty fucked up I loved Strelok, sorry to be the one to break this news. I just was fucking with printing out new cheat sheets. I got a new phone. Was full on ready to go back to dialing along and still do, but damn I bet 10% is going to the Big guy.

You say they stole from you the actual code or that they developed a similar program? Can you prove such a claim? Don't have a dog in this fight just out of curiosity.
Stole. Name 'Chairgun' belongs Hawke scope manufacturer and this name was stolen by this pirate also. Prove? If your child has their hair dyed, will you still recognize him? Compare phrases in English in the program. They have remained the same. How can I not recognize the reticles that I made with my own hands? And the fact that there is no version for Android shows that they were able to steal the code only for iOS

Last edited:
@Igor Borisov(Strelok Pro) Are you planning on hosting the apps on your website? Or maybe on github?
If you go to his site you will see that he is locked out of emails, bank card access, etc. So, he does not have a way to sell from his site. Again, like he says, hold on to your phone. Things will change at the end of next year.

Reactions: georgeib
Which one of you bud light drinkers wants to mail order bride Igor so we can get him into the US on a green card, and get our beloved Strelok back?
Marrying Igor is not the embarrassing part. Drinking Bud Light is the deal killer. As Michael Knowles said, the tranny on the can is not what turned off customers. The ad executive for A-B Bud and Bud Light proudly shitting all over the customer base that made them something is the problem. Sure, go play with the drag queen. But tell me I am out of touch and fratty, in an insulting tone of voice and implication, fine, I will spend money somewhere else. That is what the average customer is thinking.

So, yeah, marry Igor but can we do it without the Bud Light? A man has to have standards.

Marrying Igor is not the embarrassing part. Drinking Bud Light is the deal killer. As Michael Knowles said, the tranny on the can is not what turned off customers. The ad executive for A-B Bud and Bud Light proudly shitting all over the customer base that made them something is the problem. Sure, go play with the drag queen. But tell me I am out of touch and fratty, in an insulting tone of voice and implication, fine, I will spend money somewhere else. That is what the average customer is thinking.

So, yeah, marry Igor but can we do it without the Bud Light? A man has to have standards.
You must be fun at parties 😆

Seriously though, maybe we could find Igor a nice bride here in the US based on his preferences.

You must be fun at parties 😆

Seriously though, maybe we could find Igor a nice bride here in the US based on his preferences.
I think his censure is political. I don't know if getting him here could help. Trump was not even in Russia with peeing prostitutes and they made a lot of hay out of that.

Reactions: Jeff Gahler