• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

StrelokPro zero weather matching??

Quest1000

Private
Minuteman
Sep 16, 2017
1. For those using StrelockPro, are you using the zero weather matching for velocity (basically it doesn’t adjust the velocity based on temp drop etc) or are you entering using the zero weather and having the software adjust the bullet velocity based on weather conditions?

2. Is the zero offset feature basically entering the groups offset from true zero and adjusting the software for true zero?

Yes. I have zero weather enabled.

The zero offset can be used for a few things. But, primarily, I use it to other cartridges. So, I zero the rifle / scope with my primary / favorite cartridge. At the same zero distance (and scope turrets on zero), I shoot an alternative cartridge. I make a note of the group's offset and enter that into the Zero Offset field. That way when I use that cartridge in the future, Strelok will automatically make the compensation and put the rounds on the bull (if I do my part!).

You can also use the zero offset for a suppressor. Or a cold bore offset.

For more info on this:

Android - http://www.borisov.mobi/strelokpro/android/cartridges.htm

iOS - http://www.borisov.mobi/strelokpro/ios/cartridges.htm

Hope that helps!

As one who shoots factory ammo, and not always the same factory ammo.... the zero offset feature is one of the neatest features in Strelok Pro, in my opinion. :)

I wish i would have known this before i created a separate profile for the same cartridge but different grain bullet lol. I also shoot factory.

My cartridges for my RPR. I used the Copper Creek ELD-M as my "benchmark" zero. All others have a Zero Offset. Works great!

1572659335274.png

Example of offset:

1572659747325.png

So when you dial, say for 400 yards with a new cartridge that has the adjusted offset you just dial from scope zero to the number strelock spit out?!

Yup! So, if I'm shooting at my zero distance (which happens to be 96 yards instead of 100) with the cartridge above (American Gunner), Strelok tells me to dial up 2 clicks (0.5-MOA) and right one click (0.25-MOA). You'll notice that's the OPPOSITE of the offset values (shown in the screenshot of that cartridge in my previous comment).

1572661784738.png

So, when you enter the offset for a cartridge, you're entering the direction of the group on the actual target from the POA (while using the original zero). So, if the group from the new cartridge is lower on the target by 1/2-MOA, you enter -0.5 (negative 0.5). Then Strelok will tell you to dial UP 0.5-MOA when you calculate a firing solution (assuming the same distance as your original zero). Make sense?

So, now... I change my target distance to 400 yards... Strelok gives me the new values to dial on the turret, while accounting for the offset automatically. Note that for this example, I changed the "turret" units to the "1-3/4 layout" instead of "clicks." You can toggle between the two by simply clicking on that area. For larger dialing values, I find it easier to use the "1-3/4 layout." It's easier for me to dial 7-1/2 MOA than counting out 30 clicks. Of course, I could do the math in my head... 30 clicks divided by four = 7-1/2. But, I like that Strelok can display it that way, so I don't have to do the math.

1572661766489.png

Last edited:
Thank you for the detailed info!! I’m learning so much from this post. I didn’t know I could change the output to turrets as well. Lol this will be much faster for me as well. Thanks again.