• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Strelox Pro data?

bfm1851

Private
Minuteman
Aug 7, 2005
East Texas
Some back ground info first. Rifle is a 6.5CM shooting a Hornady 140ELD Match bullet, speed is 2735fps chronograph with magnetospeed, zeroed at 100yds, scope is an Athlon Ares ETR 4.5-30x56. Went to the range yesterday and was shooting steel out to 800yrds, (first time at this distance) I have used this program in the past for shooting out to 600yrds and have found it to be very good if not perfect for dope if I read the wind right.
So yesterday I set up and entered 8 mile wind blowing in my face. Shot at 100 and right on. Pulled up data out to 800 yards and started walking out hit in 100yrd increments to check dope. Spot on all the way out to 700yrds. When I shot at 800yrds I was high left? I had to dial down .4mils to get on target.
This is the dope program gave me:
100 up 0
200 up 0.4
300 up 1.1
400 up 1.9
500 up 2.9
600 up 4.0
700 up 5.2
800 up 6.6
Steel target were of different sizes but most were 12x18. I believe the one I was shooting at 800 was larger 18x36? I figure wind was causing my shots to go wide left but don't understand being high by that much. Can anyone give me some insight in this? Could wind have changed that much to cause difference?
I am still fairly new to long range shooting and am trying to figure this out.
Thanks in advance for any help.

If your 500 yard dope was correct and your 800 was high, u need to adjust your BC up to bring your correction down to match what you're seeing on the plate. The BC on the box is a suggestion but needs to be tried for your gun and area. If that doesnt work, u need to check the tracking on your scope.

Just checked the BC I used .5? check Hornady site and for G1 it should be .646. Changed dope at 800yrds from 6.6 up to 5.8. Dropped 500 to 2.7, .2 lower but …..
Anyway thanks BLKWLFK9 for your post. Not sure where I got the .5 info as the program allows me to up load the info from the site. Must have manually changed it for some reason?

Reactions: BLKWLFK9