• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Stressful day yesterday during the craze of 2012

filmgear

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 18, 2012
Charleston, SC
I'm never one to panic during political fears. In addition, I purchased a dozen semi-auto rifles this year so I'm well set. But there is something else in the air this time. We know a ban of some kind is coming and I still have a few more "must have" rifles on my list.

Since I'm not about to overpay on gunbroker and have no problem waiting 6-12 months as long as I get one, I contacted several manufacturers to place orders. No small task considering no one is answering the phones and they are only getting to emails when they can.

However after many emails, I was successful in placing orders with JP, GAP and Larue (through dealer), but I was counting on Rainer to take my LMT order since I've been communicating with them about 20% down. After waiting 2 days, they responded last night that they'll now need 100% down for all special order items. For that I'll try to buy straight from LMT or other dealer that doesn't require full deposit.

I realize with a 12 month wait time, there is a chance a strict ban could hit and I'll be SOL, but I have to at least give it a try. Just thought I'd share the latest policy from Rainier.

Re: Stressful day yesterday during the craze of 2012

Don't forget this when the storm blows over and supplies reenter the supply chain and shops. We or shall I say that "I" will make a list of these greedy ,gouging companies and individuals and WILL make sure they never receive any of my purchases again!!

Plenty of great dealers out there. All it takes is a single transgression during this crazy period for me to strike them off my list forever.

I may be in the minority but I am not worried about uppers or even internal parts, I want to get my hands on another lower. Even if no more lowers were ever made there are still plenty of vendors and suppliers that can produce upper parts.

amen to that

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Downrange1x</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Don't forget this when the storm blows over and supplies reenter the supply chain and shops. We or shall I say that "I" will make a list of these greedy ,gouging companies and individuals and WILL make sure they never receive any of my purchases again!! </div></div>

EDIT: I have changed my stance and understand
what the previous posters and like threads have been
trying to get across... much like a Code of Honor/Conduct.

I stand corrected.

free enterprise and capitalism:

I'll take that over some snot-nosed kids that can shoot well and believe in any form of fascism.

When the enemy at the front is taken care of... I know who/whom to sight in on at the flanks.

icon_smile_wink.gif

So, tell me. What do you really support in this life? It's not freedom...