• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Strick9's big skinner

Juan Valdez

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 8, 2004
North, TX
Just finished this for Strick9 today and he asked that I throw a few pics up.

Specs
ATS-34 stainless hardened to around 59rc
11" overall length
5 5/8" cutting edge
3/16" spine
Stabilized Spalted Maple Burl handle
Hand stitched leather sheath

Sharpened edge was polished with a felt belt. It cuts.
wink.gif

Enjoy it David. I'll have it in the mail tomorrow or Saturday (still tweaking the color on the sheath).

Strick9_1.jpg

Strick9_2.jpg

Strick9_3.jpg

Re: Strick9's big skinner

Juan,
All I can say is Holy Fuckn Stocks !!!
Can't wait to get some blood and guts on that steel.
Thanks a million bro.

+1. very nice.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cross Hairs</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Now thats a knife. Awsome </div></div>

JV,

Damn, I thought i had the best thing you ever made but you keep coming up with cooler shit. Quit posting new blades.

Very nice fit and finish!

well at least i got one of the first, I guess it will make worth more when your famous.
wink.gif

KT

Thanks for the compliment fellas.

I wanna see the pics of it bloodied Strick9!

Very Very Reasonable and the communication was way above and beyond. Juan gave me input and final decision every step of the way down to sheath color!!! Outstanding American to do business with and as soon I get my preban buying done another one will be in his forge for my gal.

Strick9,

bloody it up and post brother.

hydro556,

You will not be sorry!! he build one hell of a knife. I have had the pleasure of watching him build a few and they are all works of art..

NOmag

See the post" My Woman got her first Tom" I will be using it where applicable to skin for full mount. It is one sweet blade.

Juan Valdez, while we all have our own tastes in knives, I have to say that your work looks very good. Your leather work looks damn good too!!!

Thanks again guys.

Brad, I'm wanting to do more leather work - tooling, lacing and such, but just haven't had the extra dough for new tools yet. While the leather work I'm doing now is very simple, I do my best to keep it neat. Thanks for the compliment.

JV

Very very nice knife but a bit big for skinning IMO. My SOG Seal Pup is the biggest I like for butchering/skinning

Depends on your work, ever completely worked up a 12 foot gator, 1000 lb elk, or 400 lb hog? With a bigger blade you basically have more tools in one. I use the point for the skinning and deboning, the belly for portioning, the butt for any type of choppin or axe work that may be needed. Bascially a Kodi pack all in one minus the saw. Got tired of resharpening and needing two blades. With a longer blade and a little attention to detailt you can allways have a hair popping area on the blade without stopping till jobs end.

hey juan....Do u take orders for knives or just build knives for your buddys. Id love a custome knife built for me and to my specs. Sure everyone on this sight would to aswell. Let me know if you would consider it. And the symbols u put on the bottom of blade are pretty sweet.

Now that's good ole American craftsmanship...right down to the sheath. I don't know if I could get it all messy; but after I got through starring at it a while, I would probably have to try it out. It looks tough enough to whittle right through bone.