• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Strider or Reeve?

Baron26

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Sep 28, 2017
DFW, Texas
Does anyone have any experience with the Strider ED-M40A3 or the Reeve Professional Soldier? Trying to see if on is worth picking up? Thanks.

I always default to Strider...

I look at the Reeves stuff and it really doens't make me want to buy any. I have been using more Brous lately, as well as Pro Tech Strider stuff for EDC

Thanks Lowlight. I’ve got a couple of the smaller Pro Tech ones and they are quite nice.

Both companies make damn good blades. I’ve owned knives from each, but I prefer the handle/grip ergos of the Strider more so than the CR. They each use great materials and blade steels, built like tanks, but for the $, I actually prefer Spartan blades, ZT’s, or if I can find them, the old Surefire knives.

Strider is my goto fixed blade knife, always. My 1st was gifted to me while deployed and I have had an infatuation with them ever since.

Fixed - I like / have Strider. I would encourage you look at Grayman as well.

Love my frogskin SMF so the strider is the easy choice. wish they made those models them without the engraving though