• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Strike eagle 5-25 or Bushnell Match ED 5-30 for NRL 22 build

pik3ee

Private
Minuteman
Nov 21, 2022
USA
I have a bergara b14r that I am looking to scope for local nrl22 matches and possibly 400+ yards shooting for fun. Any thoughts on the pros and cons of these scopes. I may want to use it on my 260 for a bit, but will probabbly get something nicer for centerfire if I end up liking prs style shoots. Thanks for any info.

John

which reticle do you like more? other than that they're close enough you likely wont notice the difference.

i've never seen the bushnell match pro's in the wild at any match

i prefer the vortex for my 22 because i run a razor gen 3 on my centerfire

I'd go Match Pro ED. More top end magnification, rev indicator, and the zero stop doesn't limit travel like the one on the strike eagle.

which reticle do you like more? other than that they're close enough you likely wont notice the difference.

i've never seen the bushnell match pro's in the wild at any match

i prefer the vortex for my 22 because i run a razor gen 3 on my centerfire
I dont have a reticle preferance at this point because all my older scopes are duplex or hold over style, so they all look pretty busy and complex. I am considering getting a viper for centerfire so having the same two reticles would probably be helpful in the learning curve.

I dont have a reticle preferance at this point because all my older scopes are duplex or hold over style, so they all look pretty busy and complex. I am considering getting a viper for centerfire so having the same two reticles would probably be helpful in the learning curve.
the strike eagle is a step up from the viper imho

i'd much rather have two strike eagle than one SE and a PST gen2

also if you run 40moa of cant you dont need the zero stop and can get a lot of usable travel

Can't go wrong with the Strike Eagle. It has ample built in elevation for a long range .22 build. I'm selling a like new one as well. Check my profile if you're interested.