• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Stripped AR-15 lower recievers?

rankroddin250

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 9, 2008
Lewiston, Id.
www.myspace.com
Who has the least expensive quality stripped lowers rite now? I have a few friends who want me to build them AR's + Im thinking of building my self annother one.

Ive done some searching and so far im leaning twards Stag arms. $130 bux + shipping + trasfer.
Any input?

Re: Stripped AR-15 lower recievers?

You waited a few months too long. But 130 is not bad, nothing wrong with Stag, same as alot of others like DPMS, Bushy, ect.
The other parts you will need are also very hard to find right now, or very long wait times.
Good luck,
Pat

Thats a pretty good price right now. Essential Arms is probably the cheapest, I think $105. Not sure what the wait time is. Good luck with LPKs and BCGs.

I got mine from CMMG in about a month but I placed the order soon after the election. If you e-mail them they might be able to give you an estimate on back order. I was in a local gun shop the other day and saw 4 CMMG stripped lowers in stock for $140. I little high, but you could have them today. Small gun shops might be the way to go. You'll need lot's of patience though. Good luck.

Mica, go check Qualex in the Orchards. He's usually got a few lowers in stock and his prices weren't too bad last time I was there.
Orchard pawn may have a few also.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Crash97</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mica, go check Qualex in the Orchards. He's usually got a few lowers in stock and his prices weren't too bad last time I was there.
Orchard pawn may have a few also. </div></div>

Wheres qualex @? thats not the guy off of bryden is it?

An friend of mine does part time work @ Kens and hes been keeping his eyes out or me. hasnt been much in a while. I should have bought his last couple recievers a year ago.

Yep, Qualex is on Bryden. Like I said, he's usually got a few lowers in stock and you could probably dick with him on the price. He also has several complete guns in stock too. I like to see the local vendors like him be supported as much as possible. You might check out the billet lowers we're making at Seekins Precision now.

Seekins Billet Lowers

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Crash97</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yep, Qualex is on Bryden. Like I said, he's usually got a few lowers in stock and you could probably dick with him on the price. He also has several complete guns in stock too. I like to see the local vendors like him be supported as much as possible. You might check out the billet lowers we're making at Seekins Precision now.

Seekins Billet Lowers </div></div>

I visited him today. he didnt wanna sell me any of his lowers.
frown.gif

What kind of price are you guys thinking on your billet lowers? are you guys online sales only or do you have a shop that I can check out?

Also do you know any local ffl guys who are prety cool to work with as far as ording for people? I dont like dealing with Ken @ Orchards when I can avoid it.

Give Brass n Bullets in Kalispell Mt a call, They have had Sonju lowers in for a
while now.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mica</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What kind of price are you guys thinking on your billet lowers? are you guys online sales only or do you have a shop that I can check out?

Also do you know any local ffl guys who are prety cool to work with as far as ording for people? I dont like dealing with Ken @ Orchards when I can avoid it. </div></div>
Right now, the only way to buy a Seekins lower is to contact Glen direct and get on the group buy list. The group buy price is $300/lower (that includes custom serial # if wanted, choice of color for anodizing, and custom logo or Sniper's Hide logo). We are scheduled to start shipping lowers this month from our first production run.

I hear ya on dealing with Ken...I try to avoid it when I can too. As far as any "cool" FFL guys in the valley, there's a few...I just haven't met them yet.
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mica</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Who has the least expensive quality stripped lowers rite now? I have a few friends who want me to build them AR's
Any input? </div></div>

If you are not licensed I suggest you HELP your friends build their AR's ;-)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mark S</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mica</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Who has the least expensive quality stripped lowers rite now? I have a few friends who want me to build them AR's
Any input? </div></div>

If you are not licensed I suggest you HELP your friends build their AR's ;-) </div></div>

ATF says I can "Ocasionaly" build, repair, or buy and sell from my personaly colection with out a ffl. thanks for the suggestion but rite now its just easier for me to buy the parts build the rifles, test fire them and turn them over. I am not doing this for profit... but you did give me an ideah. I might have my buddies find their own lowers and builld off of them.
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mica</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mark S</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mica</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Who has the least expensive quality stripped lowers rite now? I have a few friends who want me to build them AR's
Any input? </div></div>

If you are not licensed I suggest you HELP your friends build their AR's ;-) </div></div>

ATF says I can "Ocasionaly" build, repair, or buy and sell from my personaly colection with out a ffl. thanks for the suggestion but rite now its just easier for me to buy the parts build the rifles, test fire them and turn them over. I am not doing this for profit... but you did give me an ideah. I might have my buddies find their own lowers and builld off of them.
laugh.gif
</div></div>

Interesting, I just had a conversation with ATF regarding this. I wonder how ATF defines "occasionally".

Mica,
Snag a Stag....................it's as good as any out there.
Made by CMT, just exactly like RRA, and S & W, and a couple of others.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mica</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mark S</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mica</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Who has the least expensive quality stripped lowers rite now? I have a few friends who want me to build them AR's
Any input? </div></div>

laugh.gif
</div></div>

had a guy here in iowa get busted in a big way... he'd bought 70 (or so the story goes...) plus firearms in a year and only kept a handful of them and resold with and/or without various modifications or changes... the ATF came showed and told him he had two choices - either fill out the paperwork and become a dealer or go to jail. to my knowledge he simply stopped.

as far as what they consider "occasional"??? if you make it to the point where you're wondering about whether you've moved past their thresh hold, you probably already have... while my local ATF agents have been absolutely super to work with on all levels, i'm quite sure there are many out there that can and will make life hard on you. frankly, as long as you comply with the effort and the best of intentions, you'll probably be fine. you push the limits and make yourself a problem for them, and they'll crack your ass.

i'm sure you've thought of this, but there are some huge insurance liabilities and implications to doing what you're doing that can be far worse than any scuffle with ATF. when i do an AR15 build clinic and people come to my shop to build their own rigs, i provide tutoring and tools, but they do the work. they sign a liability release and and test fire the weapon onsite for function. don't know if i'm completely in the clear or not, but my lawyer and insurance company seem to be ok with the manner in which i'm doing it... food for thought...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mica</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Michael N</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Brownells has some double star receivers in stock at 113 bucks apiece .

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/ns/store/P...OWER%20RECEIVER </div></div>

price on their sight says $139. </div></div>

Dealer pricing . Its not that hard to get Brownells dealer pricing , just open an account and tell them you are a Gunsmith .

Lowers are getting to be useless................
You can't get uppers, or barrels for shit or shinola..........
LPK's are getting a tad easier( as long as you do not want DPMS).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Two Shoes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lowers are getting to be useless................
You can't get uppers, or barrels for shit or shinola..........
LPK's are getting a tad easier( as long as you do not want DPMS). </div></div>

Thats very true , I ordered my Kit from Del-Ton on November 21 and still no sign of it . Good news for me is I wouldn't be able to do anything with it anyway as I am working out of town .

I very much like my Stag lower. My CMMG lower is .. meh .. too shiny for my tastes, but it does function fine.

I say go here:
http://www.essentialarms.com/IEindex1.html
The bad = limited to three lowers a week. Lowers show at ffl in 7-10 days (5 on my last three).
Good= great product, excellent fit and finish and not a "new" or fly buy night op. They do their own work (machine/milling). Priced right! $105 for the hard coat high self. $150 for the low self, for you lucky F'ers with the registered drop in sears.

I don't drink kool aid. I've just used EA lowers since the 80's. The new ones blow a lot of big name and money lowers away.
You can go over to ARFCOM, in the build it yourself forum to see what the guys say. Plus see some good pics

Happy building