• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing stuck barrel

camelback

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 5, 2006
ky
need some help got ar noveske barrel that won't break lose.I have in vice it should pull lose i'm the right tools ?

Re: stuck barrel

Can you take any quick pics & post them up?

<span style="font-weight: bold">IMHO: </span>

- Check everything over, & then over again

- Apply some Kroil

- Throw everything in the freezer for a few hours. "Carefully" heat up the receiver at the threads.
<span style="font-style: italic">* Expansion rate of aluminum vs. steel. </span>

Just dont go pounding on anything.

might try some heat with a propane torch to gently warm it up. its not uncommon for AR's, especially with FF tubes to be put together with some Locktite on the threads

the free floating tube is off the barrel is stuck in the upper reciver

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rbpilot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the free floating tube is off the barrel is stuck in the upper reciver</div></div> Freeze it, & gently apply heat to the thread area of the upper while having someone pull on the barrel with rubber gloves on.

Make sure they know whats behind them so they dont get injured or damage property.

Place both in the oven. The upper will expand more then the barrel and it should slip out.

When putting it back together put the upper in the oven and the barrel in the freezer and they will slip back together.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HateCA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Place both in the oven. The upper will expand more then the barrel and it should slip out.

When putting it back together put the upper in the oven and the barrel in the freezer and they will slip back together.
</div></div> Listen to Randy "HateCA" Cain of R&D Precision, NOT me. Real Smith over amateur butcher
crazy.gif