• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accessories Stuck in quarantine? Mark your brass!

flirtinwithdisaster

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 14, 2013
PA
All Sniper's Hide members get a 15% discount with code SH15.

I am a Middle School shop teacher so I've been bringing 3D printing to my students to broaden my curriculum and hopefully show them some cutting edge things to get the fire lit under them with the design/engineering/hands-on fields.

Version 1: Stealing the general design from my Version 2, this will now accept any size brass from .223 up to .338 with the "V" channel. This version will NOT mark the gap just above the rim on the brass but will put up to 2 lines that are offset from the Version 2.

Version 2: This version will allow you to mark just above the rim of your brass along with 1 other line on the case. The "V" channel allows it to work with brass from .223 up through .338 with some minor adjustment of the marker depth.

"Swedish Swirl" (Model 27): The Model 27 will allow you to uniquely mark 3 sharpie lines on your rifle brass so long as the diameter of your case is similar to a .308 or smaller.

All sales can go through dpetfabrication.com.

If you have any special requests like specific color, lettering/engraving, bulk order for club/event please PM or email me and I will gladly accommodate you the best I can.

All Sniper's Hide members get a 15% discount with code SH15.

Version 1:

20190814_215832-01.jpeg
20190814_215744-01.jpeg

Version 2:

20190814_170348-01.jpeg
20190814_170914-01.jpeg

"Swedish Swirl" (Model 27): Video Link

Attachments

• 20190729_165425.jpg
    20190729_165425.jpg
    704.6 KB · Views: 683
  • 20190904_174613_adj.jpg
    20190904_174613_adj.jpg
    186.5 KB · Views: 82
  • 20190904_174813_adj.jpg
    20190904_174813_adj.jpg
    211.9 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
New version I worked up last night to get that pesky gap above the rim. If you already ordered one and were interested in the newer version please let me know and we'll work something out. I hadn't realized that spot was so popular to mark on brass and didn't intend on making something for it but here it is! These work on 223 up through 338 (that's the largest brass I have).

The first run will only be in blue and are in the printer now.

Last edited:
Reactions: 260284 and FERNT
Can you make one for larger diameter casings? I need one for both standard and magnum.

If you can, I would take one of each.

Can you make one for larger diameter casings? I need one for both standard and magnum.

If you can, I would take one of each.

The new version will/should work fine with any size casing. I used it on my 223 up through 338 brass.

I’ll take a newer version one that marks just above the rim for the sole purpose of supporting tech classes in the schools. Kids need exposure to this stuff, and I could use a way to mark my Brass. Seems like a win/win.

Pm inbound.

Neat idea!

Now, if you will forgive my ignorance, why are you marking the brass???

All orders have been mailed out and should be in everyone's hands no later than Friday 8/2! I was able to crank out some more V2's in Red and still have some V1's in various colors. Get'em while they're fresh off the printer!

Got mine the other day. Haven’t tried it yet, but I’m sure it’ll be fine. The jolly ranchers are a nice touch. Thanks a lot!

Why do I want to mark my brass?
If you reload and want to collect your brass after a stage, it makes it easy to identify yours from the other piles collected after that stage. If you don't reload and let your brass lay, no need to mark it. For those of us shooting Lapua brass at almost $1/piece, it's important to get that back. With good reloading practices you can get many firings out of reused brass.

I ship First Class so usually 3 days from the day I drop them at the mailbox. I have some going out tomorrow and should be there Wednesday or Thursday.

This is awesome. What do the kids think about all of this? Show them something to make people send them money and you get their attention quick!
I've been creating/keeping a portfolio of all the steps it took from the initial idea, prototyping, refinement, testing and analysis all the "behind the scenes" stuff to use in my classroom as a real world example when we start school in 2 weeks. My goal is some of my more motivated students will be able to create something to sell through the same process as I did.

I've been creating/keeping a portfolio of all the steps it took from the initial idea, prototyping, refinement, testing and analysis all the "behind the scenes" stuff to use in my classroom as a real world example when we start school in 2 weeks. My goal is some of my more motivated students will be able to create something to sell through the same process as I did.
Nice. Count me in for a v2 to support the cause. Color doesn't matter. I'll check the thread for paypal info put PM it if it's not listed.

Now using thumbscrews for quick "tool-less" operation and updated Version 1 to make it a little faster and more stable to use. Those of you who recently ordered have thumb screws included when I shipped them. Thanks!

Incoming order, will pm for payment info.

A teacher willing and inspired to create and help formidable minds learn how to succeed. Entrepreneurism at its finest.

Good on you brother!

Well, it actually happened with some help from family and friends but I took another step forward and I now have a website along with a legit LLC. I guess this technically means I am "expanding"! Thank you for all the support and I look forward to continuing this new adventure of a side business. If you ordered one of my original designs and are interested in one of the newer versions, please PM me!

I will be updating this thread with new details later today.

As a thank you to the Sniper's Hide community, use code SH15 at checkout for 15% off your order!

https://www.dpetfabrication.com/

Last edited:
After being asked by several people to make a "swirl" version, my buddy and I have drawn up another variant to make swirl, lines, or zig-zag marks. Jokingly called the "Model 27" and affectionately called the "Swedish Swirl" it's up on the site and ready to ship!

"Model 27" aka the Swedish Swirl

SH15 at checkout saves you 15% off any order.

Thanks!

Reactions: GrahamVT