• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Stud pulled out of stock.

308zone

Private
Minuteman
Feb 13, 2009
Burnet,Texas
The rear stud pulled out of my A5 and I know McMillan will fix it if I send it in. I just hate to send it off for something so minor. My best guess would be to use Marine-tex to fix it. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Re: Stud pulled out of stock.

I think someone here said that you can put a nut on the stud and devcon/acraglass/marine tex it in and it is really gtg.

I have a McMillan that has the same problem. Probably fix it next week.

Thanks for the help.........Hate to sound like a idiot but I wanted to get it right.

if you can, blow out the hole so there won't be any fiberglass powder floating around loose in there. Then, like previously stated, fill that hole with marine tex/devcon and tighten her down again to the stock. Wipe the excess bedding material that comes squirting out, let it cure, and you've installed the rear stud just like we do here at the shop.

Should you put some release agent on the threads? I had the same problem on my A5 as well.

why not just epoxy it in there for good? I dont think that that putting epoxy is going to make any difference, think about it after continous threading in and out the epoxy will start to break and crack thus starting the problem all over again.

Epoxy a threaded insert into the hole. Take your sling stud to the hardware store and find one that fits, then epoxy that in there.