• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Student debt went thru ???

n2ishun

Bend over I'll drive
Minuteman
  • Jan 2, 2022
    Kansas
    beer.com
    Supreme court blocked it, now some asshat fed court OK'd it ?
    WTF.
    Over ?

It's on just about every news site out there.
    Choose one.

Still 39 Billion dollars 'forgiven'

but the scope is much narrower than the original 400 B plan

Attachments

• 1692309434556.png
      1692309434556.png
      197.5 KB · Views: 25
    For supposedly being so "smart", college students and grads sure can be fucking dumb by taking out tens or hundreds of thousands in debt without a REALISTIC plan to pay it back. Or leeches. Or stupid leeches. Or dems.

Reactions: Snipe260 and Pbgt
    $39B out of $1.77 trillion. 4 cents out of $1.77. People just see $39B and think it's a lot. They lack the sense to see that's $896 per american with student loan debt. Average student debt held is $37K for federal, and $54K for private. I guess $900 helps the same way as a single donut prevents starvation, but a whole lot of those people haven't been making payments during the payment pause. Correct me if i'm wrong....the interest didn't stop though right? How much interest has accumulated over the last 3 years of payment pauses? Certainly a lot more than $900.

My daughter just started college this week. We are taking on student loans so we can budget the payments over the year rather than write big checks twice a year. I was suppose to have access to money for her education, but it's apparently been diverted elsewhere to punish my daughter for me being a Trump voter. Thanks for the lesson dad. It's a good thing I work hard and live within my means so I can still pay for her education despite your broken promise.

Branden

My daughter just started college this week. We are taking on student loans so we can budget the payments over the year rather than write big checks twice a year. I was suppose to have access to money for her education, but it's apparently been diverted elsewhere to punish my daughter for me being a Trump voter. Thanks for the lesson dad. It's a good thing I work hard and live within my means so I can still pay for her education despite your broken promise.

Branden

I would suggest you read all the loan terms and repayment terms really carefully.
    You may be totally screwing your family and near doubling the cost of the education.

$39B out of $1.77 trillion. 4 cents out of $1.77. People just see $39B and think it's a lot. They lack the sense to see that's $896 per american with student loan debt. Average student debt held is $37K for federal, and $54K for private. I guess $900 helps the same way as a single donut prevents starvation, but a whole lot of those people haven't been making payments during the payment pause. Correct me if i'm wrong....the interest didn't stop though right? How much interest has accumulated over the last 3 years of payment pauses? Certainly a lot more than $900.

Branden
    39B spread over 804k borrowers - That's roughly 48k per the 804,000 borrowers. Must be nice to just get the government to give you 48k from other tax payers.

Correct me if i'm wrong....the interest didn't stop though right?

I‘ll take this opportunity to gently correct you; the interest during this time was also suspended. My wife, who is a Dr, still has enormous student dept; it’s ridiculous. Not only are they lied to when they get into med school about how much they can make, they are also told it’s “good” debt and they shouldn’t pay it off early. What utter nonsense. She should have had this boat anchor paid off long ago, but while very intelligent, she‘s was not that sharp financially. That changed when I showed her how she’s getting hosed and how much of a boat anchor it is because she hasn’t paid it off. She continued paying and putting extra down on it during the deferment period as it all went to principal. I told her not paying interest all those months was the only student load forgiveness she will ever see. It wouldn’t matter if they canceled all the rest, which they won’t, she’ll never vote for a democrat.

Last edited:

Branden
    We all get punished for doing the right things! Fuck em all to hell

Reactions: 101st
    Army cannot fill its ranks - used to be Americans joined military for GI Bill. Not anymore - get free college, free phones, free rent, free utilities, free food and do nothing to earn it.

LoL
    If anyone can say "I was young and got duped into signing something I didn't fully understand" and get bailed out by the Fed surely that same thing could be applied to 18 y/o signing up to serve in the armed forces.

Lol at paying for college.
    The schools sell FAFSA like it's Amway. I went to college on the 100% paid tuition Post 9/11 GI Bill after trouncing the world, was doing online through Penn State and decided to take one class at the local CC to get the extra BAH for in-person studying. It took five minutes and countless times to tell the admissions lady I didn't want a stupid fucking loan and there was zero chance I was going to fill out the application because it was already paid for. After challenging her intent on pressuring me to apply for a loan I neither wanted nor needed, I'm pretty sure she knew my next response was going to be to literally shove that form in her fat fucking mouth just to shut her up and she finally backed off.

Here's my personal thoughts on kids and college. You have eighteen years to plan and save for it if you want to shoulder all the bills so make sure you do that if it's your intent, but I would still ensure they're working to have a buy-in on it. Just as the kid who buys their own car has much higher respect for that car, the same goes for college education when it's their sweat and money on the line. Even if they're on full ride, I'd make sure they're working part time and shouldering their own personal expenses.

Here's a quick analysis on how easy it is to save for your children's college. When your kid is born, open a 529 account that grows tax free and can be used for college or trade schools, and invest that money in a S&P 500 index fund. No trickery or wizardry, no stock picking or lucking out, just the plain Jane S&P and using exact historical data with zero speculation. Put $100 in it, and do that over and over every month. Just $100 a month, that's all. Let's say your kid is just turning 18, I'll say you started investing in July 2005 and end it July 2023. If just $100 was put in every month over the last 18 years, that account would be $65,498 right now, $21.7k invested and the rest grew in the form of tax free capital gains to be used on education, or rolled into a Roth IRA for the unused portion and now your kid has a healthy start to their retirement fund.

Screen Shot 2023-08-18 at 18.51.12.jpg

Try the calculator, you'll slap yourself thinking how much money you left on the table. https://dqydj.com/sp-500-periodic-reinvestment-calculator-dividends/

If you're have/are going to have kids, take heed of the miracle of compounding interest in planning for their education expenses. If it's too late for you, teach your kids from your own mistakes. I'm in the latter category because I was young and dumb too.

The schools sell FAFSA like it's Amway. I went to college on the 100% paid tuition Post 9/11 GI Bill after trouncing the world, was doing online through Penn State and decided to take one class at the local CC to get the extra BAH for in-person studying. It took five minutes and countless times to tell the admissions lady I didn't want a stupid fucking loan and there was zero chance I was going to fill out the application because it was already paid for. After challenging her intent on pressuring me to apply for a loan I neither wanted nor needed, I'm pretty sure she knew my next response was going to be to literally shove that form in her fat fucking mouth just to shut her up and she finally backed off.

Here's my personal thoughts on kids and college. You have eighteen years to plan and save for it if you want to shoulder all the bills so make sure you do that if it's your intent, but I would still ensure they're working to have a buy-in on it. Just as the kid who buys their own car has much higher respect for that car, the same goes for college education when it's their sweat and money on the line. Even if they're on full ride, I'd make sure they're working part time and shouldering their own personal expenses.

Here's a quick analysis on how easy it is to save for your children's college. When your kid is born, open a 529 account that grows tax free and can be used for college or trade schools, and invest that money in a S&P 500 index fund. No trickery or wizardry, no stock picking or lucking out, just the plain Jane S&P and using exact historical data with zero speculation. Put $100 in it, and do that over and over every month. Just $100 a month, that's all. Let's say your kid is just turning 18, I'll say you started investing in July 2005 and end it July 2023. If just $100 was put in every month over the last 18 years, that account would be $65,498 right now, $21.7k invested and the rest grew in the form of tax free capital gains to be used on education, or rolled into a Roth IRA for the unused portion and now your kid has a healthy start to their retirement fund.

View attachment 8207749

Try the calculator, you'll slap yourself thinking how much money you left on the table. https://dqydj.com/sp-500-periodic-reinvestment-calculator-dividends/

If you're have/are going to have kids, take heed of the miracle of compounding interest in planning for their education expenses. If it's too late for you, teach your kids from your own mistakes. I'm in the latter category because I was young and dumb too.
    Not only that, as soon as your kids start working get them an account with a brokerage that allows buying fractional shares, and have them buy the S&P 500 with every paycheck…for life.

I‘ll take this opportunity to gently correct you; the interest during this time was also suspended. My wife, who is a Dr, still has enormous student dept; it’s ridiculous. Not only are they lied to when they get into med school about how much they can make, they are also told it’s “good” debt and they shouldn’t pay it off early. What utter nonsense. She should have had this boat anchor paid off long ago, but while very intelligent, she‘s was not that sharp financially. That changed when I showed her how she’s getting hosed and how much of a boat anchor it is because she hasn’t paid it off. She continued paying and putting extra down on it during the deferment period as it all went to principal. I told her not paying interest all those months was the only student load forgiveness she will ever see. It wouldn’t matter if they canceled all the rest, which they won’t, she’ll never vote for a democrat.
    Good to know that the accumulating interest was stopped as well.

Branden

Welp, and again SCOTUS says "No" and Branden gives them (and us) the finger.

Good to know that the accumulating interest was stopped as well.

And just to reinforce that most of the loan takers learned NOTHING useful in college, they foolishly stoped making payments during the deferment period; idiots all of them. It amounted to thousands that could have been paid to principal had they continued paying like my wife. The interest payments she had that all went to principal over that period payed an addition $16,000 off her load balance.

Last edited:
    Yeah, the current landscape of student debt forgiveness is such a whirlwind, isn't it? Really reflects the complexity of our legal system, and I can relate to the confusion.
    As I understand it, the SCOTUS did block it initially, but you know, laws and decisions can change, hence the federal court ruling folks are talking about. But that tax thing, man, it's just another wrench in the works. I've got buddies in three of those five states, and they're not exactly popping champagne right now, might even be worse off after the tax hit.
    Personal tip - to stay ahead, you gotta plan and prepare. I've been using some financial legal services from this ***link deleted*** They've been a solid resource in helping me understand my financial situation better, ensuring I don't end up neck-deep in debt. I think that's what you all should do, seeing as this situation is getting worse by the minute.
    So you hijacked a necro-account to spam, huh? Fuck off.

yes, of course, a lot of students do such things without realizing that it's not that easy to pay off the loan. But sometimes there can be serious reasons why they fail to do it.
    You can fuck right off too spammer.

But to answer your chatbot bullshit excuse in the event another bleeding heart sheep is reading this, the reasons they don’t repay are all self induced short of full disability becoming 100% incapable of working.

All debts can and should be repaid. The students that took out $1.7T debt to gain an education had personal gain to their lives, and need to pay it back. Get and remain gainfully employed, live within your means by spending less than you earn, get out of debt and take on no further debt, make smart purchases always within your personal needs and affordability, invest wisely, get rich, die rich and pass it on to your serving family. It’s not that fucking hard…

Bottom line, if you can’t afford to pay it in cash (single exception being a home), you can’t fucking afford it. That includes higher education.

Reactions: Doc68 and Pbgt
    Your ideas about college savings are spot on. Planning early and involving kids in the financial side of things can be super empowering. And that 529 account trick? Genius! Starting small and letting it grow over time is like planting a money tree.
    Thanks fellow gun enthusiast!

Now go fuck yourself spammer to be.

Totally get the controversy around student debt forgiveness – it's a hot topic for sure! Personally, I feel like addressing individual needs and making education more affordable could be a more sustainable solution. Maybe reducing interest rates could make payments easier for everyone. As a student myself, I made a conscious effort to stay on top of my loan obligations and sought guidance from experts, like a ***link deleted***. Their advice really helped me navigate the whole loan scenario wisely, avoiding unnecessary debt and financial pitfalls.
    You’re supposed to make your fake faggot post, then come back a week later and edit in your spammy link. You sucked too much cock last night and forgot that part, didn’t you…

Fuck the fuck off spammer.

• Love
    Reactions: Yasherka
    You know.....I've recently done a 180 on student load forgiveness.....

Why?

Because that noose has never left the tax payers neck...it's always been there.

The govt has no problem giving hundreds of billions to Iran

Hundreds of billions to the Taliban

Hundreds of billions to Ukraine

Hundreds of billions to Israel

Just once...I would like to see the govt spend some of that money on Americans...

The rinos are gonna bawk "oh those kids are just entitled!"

Yeah, and what the fuck did some cave dwelling goat fucker do to deserve billions of tax payer dollars?
    I concur.

Totally get the controversy around student debt forgiveness – it's a hot topic for sure! Personally, I feel like addressing individual needs and making education more affordable could be a more sustainable solution. Maybe reducing interest rates could make payments easier for everyone. As a student myself, I made a conscious effort to stay on top of my loan obligations and sought guidance from experts, like a ***LINK DELETED*** Their advice really helped me navigate the whole loan scenario wisely, avoiding unnecessary debt and financial pitfalls.
    Show us your tits, Mandy.

• Haha
    Reactions: Rod79