• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Study: Celebrity-Obsessed People Are Less Intelligent

PatMiles

Private
Minuteman
Feb 25, 2017

"New research from a Hungarian study has found that celebrity-obsessed people are less intelligent, as they perform lower on cognitive tests than those with lower levels of celebrity worship."

Nothing new here!

It's easy to be obsessed with Jessica Alba, though... she's pretty.

I dated for a short time a lady realtor who thought of herself as a Hollywood socialite / screen writer who was celebrity obsessed and a name dropper. Every actor or celebrity that was moving from Calif. to Austin, she referred to on a first name basis. Gary Sinise was 'Gary and his wife' and of course Sandra Bullock was just 'Sandra.'

She was also dumber than a stump and every witty comment or pun me or anyone made she was the only one left saying "I don't get it". I got to the point where I just ignored her and kept talking.

She finally went full Karen on me and I blocked her number.

I dated for a short time a lady realtor who thought of herself as a Hollywood socialite / screen writer who was celebrity obsessed and a name dropper. Every actor or celebrity that was moving from Calif. to Austin, she referred to on a first name basis. Gary Sinise was 'Gary and his wife' and of course Sandra Bullock was just 'Sandra.'

She was also dumber than a stump and every witty comment or pun me or anyone made she was the only one left saying "I don't get it". I got to the point where I just ignored her and kept talking.

She finally went full Karen on me and I blocked her number.
OMG realtors are literally the people that can't get a job anywhere else. You were double dipping in the stupid pile.

Fuck celebrities and everyone who wants to, in effect, smell their used underwear.

From the Article:

"The researchers, however, said that it remains unclear whether celebrity-obsessed people perform poorly on cognitive tests because they are using their brainpower to think about famous people, or if they are fixated on celebrities because they are less intelligent to begin with."

I would pose these people perform poorly due to the fact they spend their time focusing on other people's lives instead of bettering their own.

Which is why I have 2 ex-wives. One of the major issues was they eventually became Real Housewives/Kardashian/reality TV watching people and I came in a distant second to their fascination with all that. Created an unhealthy feedback loop. Woman was hooked, I was an asshole for not wanting to watch other people's lives with her. I was then an asshole because "you don't wanna spend time with me anymore."

Let's just say it was downhill from there.

Last edited:
OMG realtors are literally the people that can't get a job anywhere else. You were double dipping in the stupid pile.
And most are slimy, pathological liars. The last project I did was for a couple and the wife was an ex alcoholic realtor whose real name was Karen. The bitch lived up to the stereotype, screaming at the Gunite crew and then at me. Then the vile cunt showed off my pool that was way too good for her on Face Book and said someone else did it.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: clcustom1911
242.png

Wait, do you mean to tell me that people who waste their time and effort pursuing nonproductive things, often in the name of popular trends, are less intelligent than people who live life with goals for success, advancement, and moral growth in mind???

Wonder how much taxpayer dollars had been used for their "research"...

Next scientific breakthrough: "New 3 billion USD study carried across global universities find that if you sleep fewer hours, your chances of feeling tired throughout the day increases"...

• Sad
Reactions: NoDopes
No real surprise, the average celebrity is below average as well. Look closer at the fucktards they worship if you want an example of shit in human form.

The only smart things most actors say in their lives are written by other people and they have someone literally forcing them to pretend to say or do it in the manner of an intelligent person. Most actors cannot play a smart person based on their own life experience.

I missed read the title, I thought it was something about fat celebrities are stupid.
But yea, people that give a shit about celebrities generally fucking retarded. That and typically have a pathetic view of themselves.

manson-family-slider-960x430.jpg

not a one of them looks intelligent they did not have to be to be a follower . ( the manson family )
1ff0b8cc-deb5-11e8-b173-ebef6ab1374a

( the branch davidian cult family )
sept-18-1974-followers-of-rev-sun-myung-moon-at-madison-square-garden-DNW49P.jpg

pic (of the followers of sun yan moon ) not a lick of common sense but it seems they are not alone take out god from your life and there's a hole big enough to be filled with stupid , people will follow almost anything even a plate of spaghetti I just want a Blt on rye hold the mayo

Reactions: Rich4
manson-family-slider-960x430.jpg

not a one of them looks intelligent they did not have to be to be a follower . ( the manson family )
1ff0b8cc-deb5-11e8-b173-ebef6ab1374a

( the branch davidian cult family )
sept-18-1974-followers-of-rev-sun-myung-moon-at-madison-square-garden-DNW49P.jpg

pic (of the followers of sun yan moon ) not a lick of common sense but it seems they are not alone take out god from your life and there's a hole big enough to be filled with stupid , people will follow almost anything even a plate of spaghetti I just want a Blt on rye hold the mayo

Yup
Same with most who vote party lines.

Hungarians must be less intelligent than the average joe if they're footing the bill for studies like this.

....you should see half the shit our govt pays for....

Our govt spent $3 million setting up a steroid fueled hamster fight club

Everyone knows the US government manages money like a crackhead that won lotto. Apparently Hungary sucks too.

I'd pay a few bucks to see two roided out hamsters throw paws.

Hungarians must be less intelligent than the average joe if they're footing the bill for studies like this.
You think their dumb. USA is #1 in stupid .gov spending.

I knew this text was worth saving.

A very liberal golf & card buddy of mine who does .gov funded studies sends me some of the stupid shit they go after. He's got a PHD in Sociology.
He's kind of a rare lefty in that I can debate him & fuck with him. He actually can take it in good spirits without trying to shut down the discussion.

This is the kind of shit study our tax dollars get spent on.

1641523474827.png

• Haha
Reactions: vinniedelpino
....you should see half the shit our govt pays for....

Our govt spent $3 million setting up a steroid fueled hamster fight club

I would gladly get juiced up on the government dime to see if it's just a placebo effect 🤣🤣🤣

The last two issues of Nature, Scientific American and National Geographic seem to indicate that they are at the same IQ as people Magazine and US…

So what is the point of this? People are stupid?

Sirhr
I think it's more like people that concern themselves with other people's lives instead of their own are small minded in general. Over the decades and centuries it's been pretty well established simpleton-folk can only seem to busy themselves with fascination about bullshit interpersonal conflict of others. The "rumor mill" in any workplace is an unhealthy thing, generally. I detest gossip and the like.

I think it's more like people that concern themselves with other people's lives instead of their own are small minded in general. Over the decades and centuries it's been pretty well established simpleton-folk can only seem to busy themselves with fascination about bullshit interpersonal conflict of others. The "rumor mill" in any workplace is an unhealthy thing, generally. I detest gossip and the like.

I should have put on the [\sarcasm] tag. My bad. Sorry.

We are in violent agreement!

Sirhr

• Haha
242.png

Wait, do you mean to tell me that people who waste their time and effort pursuing nonproductive things, often in the name of popular trends, are less intelligent than people who live life with goals for success, advancement, and moral growth in mind???

Wonder how much taxpayer dollars had been used for their "research"...

Next scientific breakthrough: "New 3 billion USD study carried across global universities find that if you sleep fewer hours, your chances of feeling tired throughout the day increases"...
Google genius behavior you will he surprised by it.

I work with a physicist who’s IQ is 150. He is 67.

He can’t maintain a single thought for a conversation. Starts speaking about three sentences forward and you have to keep up.

Lazy
Sloppy
Cant spell
Tells the same story over and over again.
Hates sports

But rebuilt a geiger counter out of radio shack parts when it broke in the field

Barely productive

He can’t maintain a single thought for a conversation. Starts speaking about three sentences forward and you have to keep up.

Lazy
Sloppy
Cant spell
Hates sports

But rebuilt a geiger counter out of radio shack parts when it broke in the field

Barely productive

That reminds me of autistic savants like portrayed in "Rain Man" or "K-Pax" (the latter which is sci-fi but can also be explained in savant terms). Some of those with it can do complex math equations right there with precision and speed that equals an electronic calculator. However socially, they are at a very high disadvantage. Most are very awkward socially and people who interact with them and don't know them can even call them creepy... Pretty weird shit...

Now if there are savants in math and literature and all other areas, there has got to be those who can shoot with supernatural skill too. Lars Andersen comes to mind here. That is some hair raising shooting that he does. Almost like what would happen if you gave a military sci-fi combat android a bow LOL...

Fuck celebrities and everyone who wants to, in effect, smell their used underwear.

From the Article:

"The researchers, however, said that it remains unclear whether celebrity-obsessed people perform poorly on cognitive tests because they are using their brainpower to think about famous people, or if they are fixated on celebrities because they are less intelligent to begin with."

I would pose these people perform poorly due to the fact they spend their time focusing on other people's lives instead of bettering their own.

Which is why I have 2 ex-wives. One of the major issues was they eventually became Real Housewives/Kardashian/reality TV watching people and I came in a distant second to their fascination with all that. Created an unhealthy feedback loop. Woman was hooked, I was an asshole for not wanting to watch other people's lives with her. I was then an asshole because "you don't wanna spend time with me anymore."

Let's just say it was downhill from there.

OMG the beginning of the end of #1 was that I refused to watch fucking Twilight with her.

Lazy
Sloppy
Cant spell
Hates sports

Barely productive
That phony name dropping real estate broker I described in post #9 couldn't stay on any topic for more than one sentence. The next sentence would be on a completely different subject. It was like her mind was going in a hundred different directions at once.

And forget trying to talk to her over dinner. While you were trying to make eye contact and talk about something important she would be picking up some display ad and reading it or looking all around the restaurant at people walking in and then interrupt with, "Oh look at that little girl. She's so cute." or some other bullshit.

She got yelled at by another lady realtor in front of a buyer once who told her "Are you listening? You better stay focused here!" She bitched at me about it afterwards but I knew exactly what the other realtor meant.

Last edited: