• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Stupid Barrel Measuring Question

Ibelieve1776

Private
Minuteman
Jul 17, 2013
Jupiter, FL
Forgive me if Im posting this in the wrong area but it is a stupid question. When measuring barrel length I know its breach to muzzle but I have a brake on, do I include that if so why its not rifled and technically speaking the bullet has exited the barrel when its in the brake.

are you measuring to comply with a law? if your break is welded you may include the breaks dimension.

if you are just measuring your barrel its the crown of the barrel to breach, its not technically correct but I hope you get the point.

Contours

Last edited:
are you measuring to comply with a law? if your break is welded you may include the breaks dimension.

if you are just measuring your barrel its the crown of the barrel to breach, its not technically correct but I hope you get the point.

Contours

Its really just so I properly answer people when asked, and maybe for ballistics as needed.

just leave off the break then.

Exactly this. As far as velocity and ballistics are concerned, the brake has no influence. As far as the law is concerned, the brake is not part of the barrel unless it is "permanently attached".