• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Stupid Diopter Adjustment Question

skatz11

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jun 8, 2009
Lexington, KY
I decided to re-check my rifle setup and scope diopter settings today. This is on an Athlon Cronus BRT

I set the parallax to infinity and set the rifle up to look out the window at the blue sky.

I started with it all the way in and the reticle looks really clear there. It doesn’t start to get blurry until it’s almost all the way backed out.

Previously I have it in the middle of the range, reticle still clear. It was probably just set somewhere around that when I got it and just dialed it in without starting all the in like I should have.

There seems to be a wide range of adjustment where the reticle is super sharp and clear at infinity/max power.

Is there a benefit to keeping adjusted close to fully screwed in if the reticle is still sharp?

Is this a result of good eyesight and a forgiving scope? Or is there something wrong scope?

I’ll test this more at the range later this week. It just seems weird.

I would bring it to the range with an optical clarity chart, and play with the diopter and parralax until both are perfectly on the same plane. Then a piece of black electrical tape will lock it in place.

Reactions: MakeSawdust