• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

(Stupid issue solved) StrelokPro and other calculator issue.

cas6969

Keeps Mr. Dead in his pocket
Minuteman
Nov 16, 2021
Texas Tower #3
Thread edited and paused:

(Found one, maybe two things to verify that might be the cause of this and I want to double check them before I continue.)
Rifle zeroed at 100 yards, all the calculators say it should be 3.09 inches low at 200 yards.
I’m seeing 3.75” Been shooting the same rifle, bullet, bench, sandbags, load etc etc for 8-9 months, repeatable for hundreds of rounds now. Using an average chrono speed as my input of 2798fps, from a traditional screen style chrono. So even though it’s over averaged over several range sessions, I’m willing to accept that it may not be 100% accurate. If I drop the the speed in the app to 2625 FPS, it matches the drop I’m seeing in reality at 200. I think that’s a lot for my chrono to be off, but hey maybe.

Have you found the the reticle feature to be accurate?
(This issue is solved) too complicated to explain the long chain of errors though)

Last edited:
You are effectively 0.1 mils or 1/3 MOA low at 200 yards, small enough that most people can't hold the difference.

As to the rest of the numbers that much change in velocity should move it more than that. Give the rest of the info for your cartridge, rifle and scope and some screenshots from Strelok of your inputs. If you have a picture of group zeroed upload that as well.

@6.5SH may be on to something. Check every detail, including height of sight/scope I would love that. And notice that I didn’t make any claims. over bore, distance of chrono from barrel, etc. Make sure that all seemingly minor details are correct. Most of them really do make a difference.

Are your weather inputs identical to your shooting environments?

Reactions: lash
Yes ran them same as it was yesterday. As well as other recent days not really much difference at all. For fun I have played with the sight height numbers, I have a measurement of 1.93” which I have checked a couple times and that’s the best that I can come up with. Fiddling with the inputs it would need to be 1.23” for me to get what I am. But again even doing that to make the numbers match, the reticle feature is way off.

I really don’t care about the difference at 200 yards, but over the next 200 yards that I may theoretically shoot, that little bit starts to add up.

Reactions: lash and Rillhurst
Yes, its accurate. Works fine.

Post screen shots of your reticle hold and your data inputs.

Going to press pause on the discussion for the moment. Gears turning, things to check, people to hear back from.

I'm finding these two errors are two separate issues, not completely related. I want to get some things squared away before continuing.

Last edited:
Reactions: iceng and lash
3FC96B2F-8A11-42D7-A561-574D743542FC.jpeg

Couldn't see the forest for the trees. Or more accurately so focused on tiny numbers and minutia like 2.00" sight height vs 1.93", 2800fps vs 2775fps, I was looking down when I should have been looking up.

It hit me at work yesterday, I suddenly remembered a couple years ago lasing the range and finding the target boards a yard or two too far away. Well apparently over time, every time they replaced the posts or take them down to get machines in to do berm repair, they migrate farther and farther. Noticeably so at this point.

Everything is exactly as it should be… except for the target boards that is.