• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Stupid Newbie from Colorado

Zombified Moose

Private
Minuteman
Apr 7, 2022
Colorado
Been an unregistered reader for a while and figured I should just sign up.

Moved to Colorado recently and long-range stuff seems a lot more accessible here than where I used to be on the East Coast. Worked in the gun industry for a while on the manufacturing side and got to watch the surge in long-range products from the sidelines, which was a giant tease because the longest ranges I had easy access to were 200 yards max. I was also young and broke, which didn't help. Finally have more of a chance to get started.

Goal is to take a class or two and start shooting matches here and there. Working on a budget / learner build right now, using a 700 SPS Tactical in .308 as a base.

Reactions: Mcdonald4
Welcome from the north Denver ‘burbs

Reactions: HOOFER
Welcome!

Prioritizing training and participating in matches is a great approach to learning(I see a lot of newer shooters focus way too much on gear when they'd benefit instead from training courses).

Where do you shoot at?
Lately? Nowhere, unfortunately. I’ve been to Shoot Indoors several times though to shoot pistols.

Colorado Clays is a nice range that’s not too far. Trap shooting, obviously, that I haven’t done yet. Pistol and 100yd rifle that have covered benches.

I’ve gone to the Pawnee Grasslands a few times too. There’s a public range there that’s not too bad but it was crowded when a buddy and I went. I’ve also been to Pawnee Sportsman’s Center(I think) that’s a private range up there also. They have a few 1000yd lanes, a bunch of 100yd lanes, and a bunch of pistol lanes.

Reactions: HOOFER
Lately? Nowhere, unfortunately. I’ve been to Shoot Indoors several times though to shoot pistols.

Colorado Clays is a nice range that’s not too far. Trap shooting, obviously, that I haven’t done yet. Pistol and 100yd rifle that have covered benches.

I’ve gone to the Pawnee Grasslands a few times too. There’s a public range there that’s not too bad but it was crowded when a buddy and I went. I’ve also been to Pawnee Sportsman’s Center(I think) that’s a private range up there also. They have a few 1000yd lanes, a bunch of 100yd lanes, and a bunch of pistol lanes.

WELCOME.

I teach 4 hr beginner classes. my range is 1.5 hr straight east of Denver.

Tis season is over but starting next year will continue having a match the first saturday of the month as well.

PM me if you want to do some classes.

Also will have an NRL Hunter match this coming year again.

DT

WELCOME.

I teach 4 hr beginner classes. my range is 1.5 hr straight east of Denver.

Tis season is over but starting next year will continue having a match the first saturday of the month as well.

PM me if you want to do some classes.

Also will have an NRL Hunter match this coming year again.

DT
Colorado Rifle Club? I’d love to, and maybe next year it will start happening, but I have pretty young kids still that require all of our attention.

Reactions: D_TROS