• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Stupid people today

RJW

Old Retarded Top
Minuteman
Jul 16, 2004
Indiana
Just got home from two Memorial day services at cemeteries with veteran inturnment areas. The local National Guards provided bands and the speakers were outstanding.
The National Anthem was played, "most" of the people stood up. About 50% of the men removed their caps and hats. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! Had the desire to knock their hats off or staple them to their heads. About one third of the ones who stood put their hands over their hearts. Was glad to see the Vets who saluted...our right now.
At least people came to the services...now if they would put their brains in gear.

Re: Stupid people today

Memorial+parade+with+man+in+wheelchair+standing.jpg

Get used to it. Watch a professional sports event lately?

I am too damn old to get used to it.

people at our events are usually pretty respectful during the national anthem (small town), but occasionally theres a kid old enough to know better that wont shut up or on the phone... needs a good smack to the back of the head. in todays society id go to jail for something like that. ill have to get the nephews to do it for me

They're there... thats what really counts!

Not everybody is military, or LEO... So they most likely don't know... and most of the time, theres not any customs or instructions provided before hand.

Get your head out of your ass... and just be glad that you're still here and breathing...

Why don't you just take this as an "AH HAH" moment, and volunteer for next year, to enlighten people on the custom of how to truly honor the men during the memorial day celebrations???

Ok smart ass. I was a speaker at both events. If people cannot be respectful at the event I personally don't care if they are there are not.
I am damn glad that I am still breathing and can work with our vets on a weekly basis. Part of being their advocate is making sure they get the services and respect that they deserve.
I sure hope you are doing something of value other than tossing out random insults.

I don't let idiots distract me from rendering my respect for the fallen.

I have no control over what others think or do, and I wouldn't want it, because then it would need to be reciprocal, and I will never tolerate folks leaning on me about that sort of thing.

What I think and do has always been about my values, not those of others. When that changes, we'll probably be at war, and I'll undoubtedly be in there somewhere...; old, feeble, and still committed.

Semper Fi, Brothers and Sisters, and I mean all the services.

Greg

LOL! What country did you think you were in? This is the USA, we don't stand unless there's something being given away for free.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: slowkota</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They're there... thats what really counts!
Not everybody is military, or LEO... So they most likely don't know... and most of the time, theres not any customs or instructions provided before hand.
Get your head out of your ass... and just be glad that you're still here and breathing...
Why don't you just take this as an "AH HAH" moment, and volunteer for next year, to enlighten people on the custom of how to truly honor the men during the memorial day celebrations???</div></div>
What in the mother fuck are you talking about? As children we have been indocterinated to stand, cover our hearts and look at the US FLAG every morning for 12 years. People know whats going on when they hear the Anthem or see a Color Guard they just don't give a shit or are too damn stupid otherwise.

I was raised in England in a very tradition steeped school. We knew the national anthem and the decorum around it before we were taught our ABCs.

For Memorial Day yesterday and observing the general sloppiness of the people around us my wife and I agreed that whatever is being taught or otherwise in school, our son will know his US History, Civics and the duties of a citizen as well as any other subject.

Like many other things, respect and awareness is taught at home.

I have never been in the military nor have I ever been a LEO but I have never failed to remove my cover and place my hand over my heart when I hear the National Anthem. I was sickened, in the same manner as you, last year at my daughters graduation. After having been directed to stand and remove their hats I was shocked at how many did not follow these simple directions.
I always get a lump in my throat when the National Anthem is played but then I am sentimental like that. Manyy thanks to all who have served our country.
As far as the excuse that some don't know how to act I am at a loss for words. I did not know one had to learn how to be an American, it seems many have forgotten the cost of freedom.

Personally, I think we are in a period of time when a lot of people think our country is corrupt/etc. and as such don't respect it or anything symbolizing it...

So it's not that they don't know how to behave during the anthem or the like, it's that they chose not to behave in the prescribed way in protest of the aforementioned.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Personally, I think we are in a period of time when a lot of people think our country is corrupt/etc. and as such don't respect it or anything symbolizing it...

So it's not that they don't know how to behave during the anthem or the like, it's that they chose not to behave in the prescribed way in protest of the aforementioned.</div></div>

whoa....

At the cost of RESPECT for our military is ABSOLUTELY NOT the way to 'protest' one's political views/thoughts.

Get off your asses you lazy bastards,,, and work on a different soapbox/soap-opera at your own accord.

NOT THIS ONE. Arrrggggg... I seriously can't believe some people. Apologies for my rant. Well, not really, but trying to be 'nice'.

Anyone who tries to justify these people's unpatriotic behavior is simply part of the problem. Do your part: take responsibility, lead by example, educate your children, and don't be tolerant of unacceptable behavior. This is the root of everything going wrong with our society.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sean the Nailer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Personally, I think we are in a period of time when a lot of people think our country is corrupt/etc. and as such don't respect it or anything symbolizing it...

So it's not that they don't know how to behave during the anthem or the like, it's that they chose not to behave in the prescribed way in protest of the aforementioned.</div></div>

whoa....

At the cost of RESPECT for our military is ABSOLUTELY NOT the way to 'protest' one's political views/thoughts.

Get off your asses you lazy bastards,,, and work on a different soapbox/soap-opera at your own accord.

NOT THIS ONE. Arrrggggg... I seriously can't believe some people. Apologies for my rant. Well, not really, but trying to be 'nice'. </div></div>

Sean, just to clarify, I didn't say this is how I feel, so I hope you didn't interpret it that way. I just think it's why some people don't show respect.

Not so long ago, while working a 4th of July celebration in our booth, the band kicked off with the 'National Anthem'. Without hesitation, I stood while taking my cap off, placed my hand over my heart and stood in reverance until the song was over. At the songs conclusion, this dude comes from the crowd with tears in his eyes and throws a big hug around me. I was somewhat setback, momentarily. UNTIL he explained, through his tears and crackling voice, that he was a Veteran (1st Gulf War) and currently a Fireman. When "the Anthem" was being played, he had looked around and saw that I was the only one besides him, with my cap off and hand over my heart. I was humbled and saddened at the same time. When you see such apathy from American citizens and see people defending such behaviour, it makes one wonder for the future of our Republic.

I too was dismayed at the lack of simple courtesy at our Memorial Service. Everyone present (around 50) were Veterans and wives, and even a couple of Woman Vets. Many didn't remove hats, or render any salute either hand over heart or hand to brow. WTF? I even noticed most didn't remove hats for the Invocation. The guys I know to be Infantry, both Army and Marine, had no problems, but I guess the rest were a bunch of Pogues, and rout-steppin' REMFS. Breaks my heart.

I always show respect for the colors. I also stand and hold my hand over my heart when they play "Dixie".

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: IdahoMike</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: slowkota</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They're there... thats what really counts!
Why don't you just take this as an "AH HAH" moment, and volunteer for next year, to enlighten people on the custom of how to truly honor the men during the memorial day celebrations???</div></div>
What in the mother fuck are you talking about? As children we have been indocterinated to stand, cover our hearts and look at the US FLAG every morning for 12 years. People know whats going on when they hear the Anthem or see a Color Guard they just don't give a shit or are too damn stupid otherwise. </div></div>

Not any more they arnt. They don't make you stand and say in in lots of the schools now. Some places havnt in a while. They don't know, no one tells them about it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Personally, I think we are in a period of time when a lot of people think our country is corrupt/etc. and as such don't respect it or anything symbolizing it...

So it's not that they don't know how to behave during the anthem or the like, it's that they chose not to behave in the prescribed way in protest of the aforementioned. </div></div>

Haha!

While thats a nice idea and all, the fact of the matter is, people in this country are apathetic, lazy and just don't give a fuck. Not just about the traditions of the flag and anthem, but about most things. I'd attribute it more to that, and not some "protest" or whatever.

Occam's Razor and whatnot...ya know? Its not that they are doing some secret political protest, its just that they are lazy and/or don't give a fuck.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Keyser Söze</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Personally, I think we are in a period of time when a lot of people think our country is corrupt/etc. and as such don't respect it or anything symbolizing it...

So it's not that they don't know how to behave during the anthem or the like, it's that they chose not to behave in the prescribed way in protest of the aforementioned. </div></div>

Haha!

While thats a nice idea and all, the fact of the matter is, people in this country are apathetic, lazy and just don't give a fuck. Not just about the traditions of the flag and anthem, but about most things. I'd attribute it more to that, and not some "protest" or whatever.

Occam's Razor and whatnot...ya know? Its not that they are doing some secret political protest, its just that they are lazy and/or don't give a fuck. </div></div>

^^^^^^This^^^^^^^

Generally speaking as long as people can tune in to American Idol and grab a Coke out the of the refrigerator, they really couldn't care less about anything else. Nothing else matters other than pleasing the Id.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nly205</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: IdahoMike</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: slowkota</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They're there... thats what really counts!
What in the mother fuck are you talking about? As children we have been indocterinated to stand, cover our hearts and look at the US FLAG every morning for 12 years. People know whats going on when they hear the Anthem or see a Color Guard they just don't give a shit or are too damn stupid otherwise. </div></div>

Not any more they arnt. They don't make you stand and say in in lots of the schools now. Some places havnt in a while. They don't know, no one tells them about it. </div></div>

Exactly

That's why I enjoy going to my alma mater. Especially for Football Games, they become a Memorial event every weekend.

The military tradition is rich and every person takes their hat off, salutes (those that have served or in the Corps) and we sing our ass off at the National Anthem. We also cheer loudly when the Flag, Commonwealth Flag, and Service Flags come on the field as well.

Then one of our Alums will buzz the stadium and we usually kick ass.

People that do not have respect usually have not be taught proper respect...

No matter your views
1. It is not your place to dictate how others live their lives.
2. It is not your place to dictate how others live their lives.
3. Refer back to numbers 1 & 2

Simple, you are imposing your views and beliefs on others and demonizing them for the way they live their lives.

That, in and of itself goes against what this country stands for.

Next, I agree with a lot of this, common decency and respect is disappearing from todays society. It sucks, this world, in all its advances seems to be losing what should be the most basic of human decency.

What do we do... I'm not god, isn't my place to tell you, nor anyone else, how to live your life. But, what I can do, is show common decency and respect for others and their differing views, whether I agree with them or not.

Now things obviously change if people are getting hurt, but that is another topic for another thread.

Your grievances are heard, more respect should be shown for those that give the ultimate sacrifice, definitely, couldn't agree more, but we, must also show that respect in kind, especially when it is hard for us to do so.

Continue on gents, may we all lead by example

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Keyser Söze</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Personally, I think we are in a period of time when a lot of people think our country is corrupt/etc. and as such don't respect it or anything symbolizing it...

Occam's Razor and whatnot...ya know? Its not that they are doing some secret political protest, its just that they are lazy and/or don't give a fuck. </div></div>

Your version is probably more correct, unfortunately.

I give a rats ass what school anyone came from. EACH and EVERY time I hear my country's Anthem play, I always tell those around me to show the PROPER RESPECT to our flag and country, and our Fallen.
RJW pounded the dirt into a solid path when he was a Soldier and I followed that path in a much easier time. WE, and I say WE motherfuckers, because we have spent our blood and sweat to secure YOUR Freedom to do what the hell you like to do. You stand or sit around me when my country's anthem plays, I will lay verbal scunion on your candy ass for not showing the proper God Damn respect to YOUR country. You don't fucking like it, you can take a good damn hike to any place you like and see how damn lucky you are to be an American. You don;t like that, too fucking bad. You hear your country;s anthem playing, stand your sorry ass up, take your fucking headgear off, put your stinking candy assed hand over your spineless heart, and respect my country.
Me, I am a Vet. I Salute because I EARNED THE RIGHT with blood, sweat, and the saltiest tears and sourest taste.
You want to talk shit, well son, I'll whoop your ass just for standing in my shadow if you aint respecting my flag or my anthem, and I guarentee you It will be my boot up your ass when you get up and ask,"what the fuck dude, it's just a song"

All you who want to say no one has to show the proper respect, well, you just keep on keepin' on, because it's your sorry asses who just sit in your comfy chair and let shit happen and talk smack from behind a cold beer and grill since you didn't Honor the Fallen by raising a God Damned flag in their Honor, or pouring some of your good Whiskey into the ground for them. You don't rate. You are pure work shit. The best part of your mother's ran down her sorry flesh into the dumpster where she was raped by circus midgets. Your worthless hides don't even rate to look at me or read my words and your opinions mean jack shit to guys like me anyway.

PS I'm down with RJW. I got his back. We believe the same things about this day. We wake the fuck up. We get right, and we fly our flags. When we celebrate our Fallen Bretheren and offer them a Toast, we give them a pour and put their glass on the table by their chair.

Damn, ya'all got me all riled up now. Damn, what a bunch of meat whistle's!

Well said Switchblade, and for info, the problem is not confined to the USA, we are seeing similar things here in Australia.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: calling4life</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No matter your views
1. It is not your place to dictate how others live their lives.
2. It is not your place to dictate how others live their lives.
3. Refer back to numbers 1 & 2

Simple, you are imposing your views and beliefs on others and demonizing them for the way they live their lives.

That, in and of itself goes against what this country stands for.

Next, I agree with a lot of this, common decency and respect is disappearing from todays society. It sucks, this world, in all its advances seems to be losing what should be the most basic of human decency.

What do we do... I'm not god, isn't my place to tell you, nor anyone else, how to live your life. But, what I can do, is show common decency and respect for others and their differing views, whether I agree with them or not.

Now things obviously change if people are getting hurt, but that is another topic for another thread.

Your grievances are heard, more respect should be shown for those that give the ultimate sacrifice, definitely, couldn't agree more, but we, must also show that respect in kind, especially when it is hard for us to do so.

Continue on gents, may we all lead by example </div></div>

I'll respectfully disagree. Doing nothing, saying nothing, constantly compromising away all ideals and morals is what has led this country to the fucked up, politically correct abomination that we now find ourselves living in. There needs to be a line drawn in the sand and a push begun to put things right. I personally believe that a demand to show the proper respect for the flag of our nation and honor those who have sacrificed to protect it is a perfect place to draw that line. Those who don't feel compelled to do either are more than welcome to get the fuck out.

I love it when Switch gets riled up, and he has earned the right to do so.

And my stand is with he and Phylodog. I'm a line in the sand kind of guy and my stained Skoal saliva is what I have to offer those who disrespect our Flag, country, and most of all a lack of respect and gratitude to the men and women who have sacrificed it ALL!!! So your sorry asses exist to be worthless.

Is absolutely not acceptable and screw your beliefs, and anything else that you think gives you the right to do so.

Yep, and I'm LE and I could personally give a rats ass whether you like me or not!!!

While i think it is disrespectful as hell to all those who have gone and BTDT, I dont let them bother me. I did not do anything overseas for them, didn't give a flying shit about Joe Bob Jackass back home. My only concern (and you Military guys understand me) was my buddy in that same shit hole place on the other side of the world. Memorial day is for people to think they have a clue the sacrifices we made, let them do what they do, We know what it truly means to serve and the hardships and loss we have all endured.

my .02 cents on it.

not to thread jack or steer off course, but this conversation reminded me of something I witnessed yesterday.

those of you who dont know, I'm in the Army(14 years now) and yesterday a few of us Staff Section leaders got to (had to) go to a big "get motivated" seminar in KC. The event had around 10 guest speakers such as the CEO of Sothwest Airlines, Forbes, Collin Powell, John Walsh, Laura Bush, Bill Cosby, General Mcrystal and a couple others.

anyway, at the end of the the day the last two speakers were Bill Cosby and General Mcrystal. After Bill Cosby finished and they started announcing Gen Mcrystal at least 80% of the 18,000 crowd started piling out of the huge arena, The general started speaking while all these fucks were leaving and it was just SAD, these assholes waited to hear Bill Cosby and couldnt listen to the last Speaker of the day and a National Hero, A man that served in the Army for 37 years, was the SOCOM Commander and Ground force Commander in Afghanistan. I was ashamed of these people and felt horrible for a true hero!

I fucking hate the American public...

I'm moving to Thailand.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: patriotoutlaw</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not so long ago, while working a 4th of July celebration in our booth, the band kicked off with the 'National Anthem'. Without hesitation, I stood while taking my cap off, placed my hand over my heart and stood in reverance until the song was over. At the songs conclusion, this dude comes from the crowd with tears in his eyes and throws a big hug around me. I was somewhat setback, momentarily. UNTIL he explained, through his tears and crackling voice, that he was a Veteran (1st Gulf War) and currently a Fireman. When "the Anthem" was being played, he had looked around and saw that I was the only one besides him, with my cap off and hand over my heart. I was humbled and saddened at the same time. When you see such apathy from American citizens and see people defending such behaviour, it makes one wonder for the future of our Republic. </div></div>Damn... These days a lot more folks just do not give a shit about pride, patriotism and American fellowship.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VAJayJayPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">not to thread jack or steer off course, but this conversation reminded me of something I witnessed yesterday.

those of you who dont know, I'm in the Army(14 years now) and yesterday a few of us Staff Section leaders got to (had to) go to a big "get motivated" seminar in KC. The event had around 10 guest speakers such as the CEO of Sothwest Airlines, Forbes, Collin Powell, John Walsh, Laura Bush, Bill Cosby, General Mcrystal and a couple others.

anyway, at the end of the the day the last two speakers were Bill Cosby and General Mcrystal. After Bill Cosby finished and they started announcing Gen Mcrystal at least 80% of the 18,000 crowd started piling out of the huge arena, The general started speaking while all these fucks were leaving and it was just SAD, these assholes waited to hear Bill Cosby and couldnt listen to the last Speaker of the day and a National Hero, A man that served in the Army for 37 years, was the SOCOM Commander and Ground force Commander in Afghanistan. I was ashamed of these people and felt horrible for a true hero! </div></div>

That shit is utterly disgusting. Hopefully every one of them suffered a flat tire, busted windshield, overheated engine or blown transmission on their way home.

What did McCrystal say? I'd love to hear him speak.

I thought his ousting from his post simply because he spoke his feelings on some suits was stupid in the extreme. He was a very good commander from all I've read about him and fit for the job he was given in A'stan.

Now, though I may agree to a point that a line should be drawn, the problem comes when deciding who should draw that line, and what kind of power he holds.
Then the freedoms given up to establish and enforce that line, this can be just as slippery a slope to disaster.

I know one thing, I'm not that guy, playing god isn't for me.

I'm not talking about putting a dictator in power to make daily life decisions for people nor am I talking about abandoning freedom. I'm talking about appreciating the freedom we have and the sacrifices made to obtain and protect it and showing respect to those made them.

I don't know if something got lost in translation.. but I definitely was standing with Switch, Phy and most everyone on here.

I see the Flag, hear the Anthem, or Prayer I pay the proper respect. You're a Vet? You're Active Duty?.. I buy your drinks and your dinner. My only regret is that I did not serve when I should have.

My point was that MY school puts the tradition of what the SERVICE is about. And it endears the most important part of our military -- The People Who Serve and Have Served and Have paid the Highest Price. (The only thing I am praising is my luck that I was able to attend such an institution)

Switch.. you want to holla... I am singing with you.

There is an overtly stromg movement in this country to stop the Pledge of Allegience, stop the hands over the hearts, and stop the patriotic ways we have learned from birth.
Yes, it is still taught here in the southern hills of Middle Tennessee, places like Kentucky, Indiana, and other places where those who form the backbone of the military serve(yessir, you can take me to debate on that, but countrified motherfuckers on cornbread are the backbone of all our military).
It is those places where we see ghettos, and bad neighborhoods that surround the inner city where ACLU is on the march with their anti Amrican induction into grey multiculturelism where nothing good comes out but strife, ill will, and lack of character.
It is up to the likes of us to insure that our kids, neighbors, and those around us know what is proper. If we have to reteach it to some, so be it, but this is the USA. We have tradition and proper ways of acting here. WE were the first country born of a free spirit, one born of strong willed frontiersmen and freedom fighters. We own the right to stand proud, stand strong, and if some son of a goblin in our view doesn't uncover, we owe him the rath of verbal scunion

Come on guys, look at the way everything is portreyed and sensationalized now. People have gotten hyper vocal about politics in recent years. And its getting to the younger generations. Years of hearing how much everyone hated bush Sr, then bashing clinton, then all the nonsense people say, and flat out make up about both W Bush and Obama. Do you remember being young? Would you respect someone you heard your parents or other adults around you making fun of, ridiculing and bashing in their own homes, let alone the media? When I was a kid we were taught to respect the office REGARDLESS OF WHO IS IN IT. Now, they are taught that the president "lies" and turning us into "warmongers" or now "communists". Pair that with kids not having things reenforced in school, no more pledge , cub and boy scouts enrollments are way down, even military advertisements don't even really push patriotism and duty anymore. Its all about "we will give you money! Benefits! Pay for school!"

I work with young students in grade school as well as young adults in undergrad school and I can tell you most of the dont even understand how to respect the flag and the pledge even if they wanted to. No one has taken the effort to instill that pride and dignity in them. Its just not there. And all this recent hyper divisiveness we have had lately just compounds it all.

I'm not defending them, its a f**king shame. But its the truth. And now those kids are having kids.

My only solace is thinking about how divided we must have been before the civil war, and we still got it back.

Here is to hoping for the best.

******this was not political, its just an opinion of why we have had a societal change, please do not post a political rebuttal*******

It is real simple, Either you are with me or you are my fucking Enemy! What side are you on! If you have to ask where I stand then Fuck You!

For those that cant pick or dont want to "play God" get bent bitch you are the problem!

I was really pissed at the people who did not stand, remove their covers and give proper respect to our flag and the memories of those who have passed before us defending our constitution.

I was pissed not so much by their actions, but the fact that they had come to the service, showed me that basically they are good people, because those who criticized our military never show up at these services.

It it the indiffence of good people people that will plow this country under the ground, not the the anti's. These are the people we need to try to influence to get off the fence and commit.

RJW, how does that line go?

"All it takes to promote evil is for good men to stand by and do nothing?"

Or something like that?

The line I remember is " The evil that we must fear, is the indifference of all good men."

Pretty much the same line as yours.

Tripwires picture comes from an e-mail. The words should go with it as well.

It is the
VETERAN,
not the preacher,
who has given us freedom of religion.

It is
the VETERAN,
not the reporter,
who has given us freedom of the press.

It is
the VETERAN,
not the poet,
who has given us freedom of speech.

It is
the VETERAN,
not the campus organizer,
who has given us freedom to assemble.

It is
the VETERAN,
not the lawyer,
who has given us the right to a fair trial.

It is
the VETERAN,
not the politician,
Who has given us the right to vote.

It is the
VETERAN who
salutes the Flag,

I for one will get on anybody when they disrespect OUR Flag.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: slowkota</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They're there... thats what really counts!

Not everybody is military, or LEO... So they most likely don't know... and most of the time, <span style="font-weight: bold">theres not any customs or instructions provided before hand</span>.

Why don't you just take this as an "AH HAH" moment, and volunteer for next year, to enlighten people on the custom of how to truly honor the men during the memorial day celebrations??? </div></div>

Are you serious...it was instilled in us all during the first three or four years of school. PUT YOUR HAND OVER YOUR HEART DURING THE NATIONAL ANTHEM and TAKE YOUR HATS OFF!!!

I am in the honor guard for the AMVETS and yes , was a small town thing but we went to 4 cemeteries to do service and I was glad to see that all were quiet during the National Anthem and during the prayer. The hands were covering the hearts and the hats came off. Its not that they were there that matters it was that they had RESPECT.