• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Stupid Post of the Day 5-14

DocRDS

Head Maffs Monkey
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2012
The Great Beyond
Sorry I try not to make this a regular thing, but things are stressful as hell.

Anywho for all 0 of you who care, I've been in the process of a job switch. Now a job switch is hard, and I'm holding out for the right job. Technically I could drop the current company I work for like a bad habit any time and pick up a similar job for a bump in pay. But trying to get out of that rat race.

Like many of you I would love to work in a firearms related job. Its really my passion. I spend a ton of time reading and a lot of time trolling the pit. Enter Brownells. They need a data scientist. I am a data scientist. Its in Iowa, I want to move to Iowa (I got my reasons). A little light from heaven beams onto my keyboard as I poor my heart and soul into the application. I make this one A+

Bastards did even call me for a phone screen. Got a thanks but no thanks form letter.

You cut me boys. You cut me real bad.

(Note I'm not actually mad--just blowing off some steam, but man it would be a dream to work for a pro-2A company after my current stretch--and I am super pissed about an awesome opportunity where we couldn't meet on money--I would have been working at a major university doing medical research, but universities just can't pay what private does, you know--bills man).

I'm gonna be extra passive aggressive today....

Reactions: diverdon

Anywho for all 0 of you who care, I've been in the process of a job switch. Now a job switch is hard, and I'm holding out for the right job. Technically I could drop the current company I work for like a bad habit any time and pick up a similar job for a bump in pay. But trying to get out of that rat race.

Like many of you I would love to work in a firearms related job. Its really my passion. I spend a ton of time reading and a lot of time trolling the pit. Enter Brownells. They need a data scientist. I am a data scientist. Its in Iowa, I want to move to Iowa (I got my reasons). A little light from heaven beams onto my keyboard as I poor my heart and soul into the application. I make this one A+

Bastards did even call me for a phone screen. Got a thanks but no thanks form letter.

(Note I'm not actually mad--just blowing off some steam, but man it would be a dream to work for a pro-2A company after my current stretch--and I am super pissed about an awesome opportunity where we couldn't meet on money--I would have been working at a major university doing medical research, but universities just can't pay what private does, you know--bills man).

Two words:

Defense contractor

Looks for data scientist jobs with Northrop Grumman and Lockheed etc

Reactions: DocRDS
Tuesday at 3 PM. Those boys all want me to work in VA, but I got some pull for remote =)

Yea hard pass on working in VA or MD. Buuuuuttt sounds like you are on the right track 🤣

Ever try Crane Naval in Indiana?

Shot with some guys a couple of years ago who work there. Looked it up later, sounds like a great job.

May 14, 2021

Dear Bear Pit,

I ran out of Vagisil

Sincerely,
Frustrated in Texas

Just fucking wit you OP, hoping you get a laugh today.
Hang in there, keep the faith, you'll find something.
This too shall pass ;)

IA is good.

Raised there. Would return in a heartbeat if I could. Sleepy small town, lots of fishing, small game, and coyotes.
amazing gardening with all that great soil.

Careful of those fools near Grinnel and IA City. Commie central.

Reactions: HiDesertELR

You dodged a bullet. If you want a job in your hobby then start your own company. Otherwise it'll be nothing but aggravation. First they will want you cheap cause after all they are letting you do what you love. Second it'll be 5x more frustrating watching them fuck up.