• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

stupid remodeling!

eli polite

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 9, 2010
delaware
The front room of my 1 year old house has been in need of a redo. The door was rotted out and the floor was in bad shape as well.At some point there were repairs made to the home but instead of doing it rite it was just slapped together. So i had to tear it down to nothing and start over. So here is 3 weeks of work and where i finished up tonight.

d35d6dbf.jpg

d618c1c0.jpg

e98ce497.jpg

0a3e4926.jpg

df87403a.jpg

32d3ccd8.jpg

57ae9038.jpg

Re: stupid remodeling!

Very nice floor. Very nice. But all this to a 1 (one) year old house? Tell me there's a typo in there. Either that, or the contractor is swinging from the tree in the front yard.

smile.gif

I'm thinking HE has had it for 1 year.

Very nice job!!

I have a cement slab for a floor, so I put hardwood down - best thing. I'd like to finish the whole house in hardwood but roof first....then ammo, then A5 stock, then floors...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: epdesign</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sory 100 year old home. I have been here for 2 years </div></div>

I was wondering that after reading 1 year old....

That look great. As good a job as you did it should last another 100 years.

LOl, I was wondering about the 1 year old. I'm in constuction and I was thinking, wow somebody needs to take that guy to court!

I have been dumping a lot of money into this house. Think of all the great guns I could have bought. The kitchen is next year that will be a big expense

Yes all that was taken care of i had a freind who owns a masonry Co. look at it and tell me what it needed i had to re do a footer and bricks on one side the rest was in great shape

IT's always nice when you get done and you can see what've you've accomplished though!

I love the inlay! Is that Mahogany? Walnut? Something else?

Also, what method of template did you use to plow the channels for the inlay?

When I saw some of the angled cuts weren't dead on along the perimeter course, I figured you were a rookie or you were doing an inlay!

Very nice work.

af52abbb.jpg

f86482f2.jpg
[/quote]

All the seams are very tight. The inlay is Purple Heart. I planned this floor out before I even bought the wood and I will be doing the rest of the living room next summer. I'm not a rookie by any means i have been wood working for 15 years ill throw in a pic of some real inlay work I was commissioned to do

these are the only pics I took of my jig.

IMG-20110717-00012.jpg

IMG-20110717-00013.jpg

IMG-20110717-00014-1.jpg

IMG-20110717-00015.jpg

some more of my work just for kicks

IMG_1373.jpg

table.jpg

this is a granite top that did for a local restaurant it took me almost 2 weeks to fabricate this top. I have a granite shop.

IMG_1184-1.jpg

IMG_1187.jpg

Nice work EP!

I was referring to this photo in my earlier comment and thought it noteworthy given the precision of the field and perimeter joinery;

46a16f53.jpg

You have brass balls routing against one edge! Slow careful passes!

I made some grips for Rossi .357 out of purple heart. It's a damned hard piece of wood!

I like your veneer work and of course the granite looks masterful. Seriously, impressive skills there man!

Nice project and photos of your work. The inlay work on that table is outstanding.

They are 2 different tables you can see by the inlay surrounding the outer circle

the top one is "quilted" maple, "pommel" sapele, and "bees wing" anderoga

the second is "quilted" maple, "burled" walnut, and "pommel" sapele

if you want a table its 30" diameter and it will cost roughly $1,000 just for the top and a little over a month to construct and finish it.

I have the wood for a table I have not even started yet I haven't decided to just build it and sell it or find a buyer first that way they can make some custom selections it will be a dining room table. the wood is quilted mahogany .

IMG_1213.jpg

epdesign, I wish I had a fraction of your ability! Your work is beautiful. Try to find someone in Jersey that is as good as you are would be a dream!

Maxwell

I do jersey depending on the job. its only a few hour drive i have gone as far as Washington state. I'm in Delaware but any thing is possible