• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Stupid scope question. Run out of adjustment to zero

Shipped it to Leupold. Tried a totally different base (Old EGW 0moa), with different rings. Had some laughs, burned some ammo good times were had. Scope is on its way to Leupold. Its what almost 30 years old (96 model I believe), I figure, something has to be off in it. Not pissed off about it. Will post an update once Leupold gives it a going over. Thanks for the help fellas!
OP, let us know when you hear something from Leupold.

Reactions: Snuby642
Note that the answer to your question was not from OP; it was from another user describing a different problem on a different scope. I assume your intent was to ask the OP what happened on HIS scope.

Note that the answer to your question was not from OP; it was from another user describing a different problem on a different scope. I assume your intent was to ask the OP what happened on HIS scope.
Huh? Who are you replying to?

It seemed obvious when I started typing it, but 2 others put in replies while I was typing. Plus it rolled over to a second page wjile all this was going on. I was replying to Keeper22 and his question "Did you ever figure out what the problem was?"

To everyone- using the "Reply" button of the comment you're responding to will prevent needless confusion.

Reactions: lil'skeet
Keeper22,
Were you asking the OP- "TurdFerguson"- that question? If so, he didn't answer- someone else jumped in.
Yes I was, I didn't realize he was not the reply. I had the Covid brain yesterday, today feels a lot better. Maybe he will chime in. Thanks

Reactions: Milf Dots
Keeper22,
Were you asking the OP- "TurdFerguson"- that question? If so, he didn't answer- someone else jumped in.
Good catch.
That post was directly after mine so I made an assumption.

My post was just an example showing Leopold was making good on scopes.

I belive my ticket time at Leopold was 2 weeks.

Sorry to bump my dead thread. Figured I would add some results. Got the scope back with a a new elevation knob. For m118LR
175 grain. They included the original knob as well. Hopefully take the rifle out next week or so and get it a try.
D3F5D7B6-351C-41DA-9DA6-BDF3B1B6D6D6.jpeg

Looks like there was some binding in the erector assembly based on before and after numbers. I had similar issues with an older Vari-X III M3 and sent it to Leupold. Report showed before and after numbers were good. Turned out it was the rings (Smith Ent) that was the problem.

Check to see if the turrets are shimmed.

Also, it's hard to tell from the pic of it mounted, but the front mount looks awfully close to the scope tube/bell taper- perhaps move the scope forward 2-3 mils in the rings.
speaking of shims, I had to shim all of my handgun scopes on the XP-100's (rear shim) to get them on target. Once the shim was installed, never a worry.