• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

stupid video on the right side

My NMCI computer blocks that video. Puts the NMCI warning banner in it's place.

How long has it been there? It started to auto play yesterday. I have not changed anything on my computer.

These type of videos are one way for a virus to spread. And they take up all kinds of bandwidth. I know it is your site Frank, but you are wasting resources and helping the hackers by a way to f up everyones computer. I should not have to download something to get the video to stop playing. Something changed in the last day or two on here that is making the video auto play. Anyone else having the same issue???

It's a YouTube video and its been there since day one of the new forum, so about 4 months.

The hacker would have had to hack YouTube in order to embed something in it. We haven't touched it.

No issues with it auto playing here. Try clearing your cache and make sure that its not loading because your browser has cached that you clicked play a while back.... Also the suggestions to download noscript are good ones. If you're at all worried about security you should already have noscript on your computer.

Might also make sure your Adobe Flash player is up-to-date. It's one of the most buggy pieces of software out there, and is patched regularly to fix security flaws, bugs, etc. You can check your version and the current version at:

Adobe - Flash Player

John

It is up to date. Chrome has a blocker for flash player. I downloaded that. Now anything that is flash has to be clicked on to even see it.