• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Sturdy DIY Cheek Riser

Bro Mo

Open-minded Skeptic
Minuteman
Mar 27, 2018
Milwaukee, WI
I have a B&C m40 and wanted a cheek riser. I looked at the Bradley but wasn't sure about spending $100+. I considered the saddle styles but didn't want to drill into my stock. I didn't want to exchange the stock for something adjustable. I also wanted to ensure i could always reset the height exactly if i needed to take it apart. I ended up trying pieces of a cut up PVC pipe as spacers under a kydex saddle taped on with riggers tape. The height is perfect, very adjustable and it is ridiculously solid. I put the PVC spacers inside a section of bicycle inner tube to prevent any sliding of anything.
media-1538189800397-Sep_27_2018_7_58_PM.jpg

I like to use a medium hard foam such as one from a sleeping mat, shaved in thin pieces. Just continue to layer until I reach the perfect height. Usually I cover the duct tape with a medical self cling tape or some mole skin, duct tape gets slippery with sweat and rain.

I tried a stock pack but didn't like it.

I also used foam for a while but it started to break down and compress.

The top of the kydex piece is notched at the front and let's me get the bolt out too.
the form doesn't look as refined as specific products but I like the function of it better than anything else I've tried.

Thanks for the mole skin idea, I'll give that a whirl.