• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suarez International Close Range Gun Fighting - Ea

scimitar2

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 19, 2005
Omak, Washington
SUAREZ INTERNATIONAL CLOSE RANGE GUN FIGHTING

Date: 22-23 May 2010

Cost: $350

Host: Ty Sheehan

Location: Okanogan Co Sheriff's department range – 200 B&O Okanogan WA 98840 – You will receive specific directions upon registration

Instructor: Eric Pfleger

Course Synopsis: This is our flagship course and goes as far as you can safely go on a square range with live-fire pistols. The dynamic curriculum surpasses the traditional handgun methods commonly taught in most institutions and focuses of the use of the pistol in aggressive close range applications likely in individual civilian street encounters.

The class is instructed by Suarez International Staff Instructor Eric Pfleger. We begin with a tune-up of the fundamentals, and then we progress quickly to new skills such as Proactive and Reactive Manipulations, Shooting While Moving Off The X, Reality-Based Multiple Hostiles Engagement, 360 degree CQB Movement, Danger-Close Fighting, Bilateral Shooting, 360 degree After Action Assessment Methods, and Integrating the Flashlight and Other Tools into the Firing Platform. This is the life-saving material that is often ignored in many other programs. In two days, you will receive more information than most armed professionals ever get! This course is suitable for BOTH civilian defenders and professional operators.

We must point out that THIS COURSE IS NOT FOR THE NOVICE SHOOTER. If you have not received basic instruction in Defensive Pistol, or have a question about your skill level, please call us first.

** You don't need a Glock or a Custom 1911 to attend this class! Shoot what you carry. Any caliber or action type will do fine here - Revolvers Are Welcome!!

Required Equipment:
-Duty handgun, holster, 3 magazines and 500 rounds of ammunition (minimum)
- Range Safety Gear (Eye and ear protection)
-Spare clothing appropriate to the weather
-Lunch/snacks and water for the entire day
-Baseball or other style hat, sun screen
-Bug repellant
-Allergy medication (if needed)
-Note taking paper/pen/pencil
-Boo boo kit (band aids, gauze pads, antiseptic wipes, antibiotic ointment and tape)

For registration/additional information contact:
Ty Sheehan
[email protected]

You can look up full details at www.suarezinternational.com under the upcoming training section.

Re: Suarez International Close Range Gun Fighting - Ea

I've been to a number of Suarez classes. Definitely worth it... attend if you can!

I did this class last month in AZ. Good Class. You will definitely find out if you, and your your carry gear, are up to snuff.

Can anyone shoot me a link to find this guys resume? I've googled him and can only find peoples opinion. I would liek to know his background for this type of training. I will be down that way next month

He was LAPD for a while. He also either did full time or part time SWAT for a time. From what I know he got injured on the job at some point and started teaching shooting skills while he was injured. He got in some kind of trouble with the LAPD for that, something about being able to teach shooting classes but not able to do "police work". I guess he quit and moved to AZ.

Most of his classes are geared toward the armed civilian and surviving situations that you would encounter on home soil. Home invasion, active shooter, random gun encounters, etc. He does also have some classes geared toward contractor work.

I've been to more then three. Close range gun fighting, Extreme Close range gun fighting (which I flew to TX for), and Active shooter/Terrorist Interdiction. All were excellent and I wouldn't hesitate to attend the exact course again.

Santa Monica,CA PD

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: One Source</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gabe Suarez is not teaching that class. One of the many instructors is. This one is Eric Pfleger. All their bios are seen here.

http://www.suarezinternationalstore.com/instructorbios.aspx </div></div>

What he said.

It should be a great class. My department just got done rebuilding our range last year and it is very well setup for courses like this.

If you have any questions about directions/lodging/anything else, please just drop me a line.

Thanks.