• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Sub $500 scope recommendations

PewZ

Private
Minuteman
Oct 19, 2023
Missouri
Are there any decent scope options under $500? I'm fairly new to the optic world and have always used basic cheaper scopes for hunting purposes and backyard plinking. I recently put together a 308 AR and I'm in need of a good optic to put on it. My primary use will be for hunting coyotes and deer as well as fun at the range. Yardages ranging from 50-500yds generally. I would like something with good eye relief and forgiving eye box as my eyes are not the greatest. Something good with low light conditions is a big thing for hunting purposes. I realize my options are pretty limited at this price point just figured I would try to get some of the best options and begin research from there. I appreciate the help.

This is the hide,

The only optic in the world I’m afraid that can cover your needs is a ZCO 420.
giphy.gif

@PewZ
There were complaints with early production XTR2, but sounds like later production was a bit better. You might look into this

If you can save up a few hundred more, you might consider

Or

Or maybe

But what do I know, I currently have a ZCO420 on my gas gun :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: hafejd30 and PewZ
Search for a used Trijicon, probably close to your budget.

Are there any decent scope options under $500? I'm fairly new to the optic world and have always used basic cheaper scopes for hunting purposes and backyard plinking. I recently put together a 308 AR and I'm in need of a good optic to put on it. My primary use will be for hunting coyotes and deer as well as fun at the range. Yardages ranging from 50-500yds generally. I would like something with good eye relief and forgiving eye box as my eyes are not the greatest. Something good with low light conditions is a big thing for hunting purposes. I realize my options are pretty limited at this price point just figured I would try to get some of the best options and begin research from there. I appreciate the help.

I would probably take a close look at Vortex Strike Eagle 3-18x44. It is a bit above your budget but not by much. I was very pleasantly surprised by it.

ILya

I would probably take a close look at Vortex Strike Eagle 3-18x44. It is a bit above your budget but not by much. I was very pleasantly surprised by it.

ILya

Ditto. Got mine on a Seekins .223 AR and it's a perfect fit.

Best all-around option for under $500... I have a couple of them, and they're excellent for their price point. Clear glass, bright image, solid function, smooth adjustments.

If you want more magnification for LR targets, this is the best option in your price range...

Reactions: AMGtuned and DIBBS
@PewZ , you're received some good advice and some ribbing up to this point. The two previous posts from Ilya and Rob are worth your serious consideration. There's a very substantial increase in quality and features between $500 and $750. Here's a link to that scope at EuroOptic, a highly-regarded vendor on SH.

It's also worth your time to call (on the phone) Doug (@gr8fuldoug) at CameraLandNY, who invited you to call him as the first reply to your post.

Good luck. There's a wealth of information here... you'll figure out what's useful, what's ribbing, and what's trolling. J

And with that link above to EuroOptics and the SE 3-18 you use the VX12 code it will bring the price down to about $660.

Under $500 is Arken, Athlon, Sightron, Element or Meopta. Please give a call, 516-217-1000, to discuss which would be best for you. It's our pleasure, as a long standing supporting vendor here, to discuss the different available options and special opportunities with you.
I will be in contact with you tomorrow afternoon, look forward to speaking with you.

Reactions: svt-bansheeman
SWFA 3-9 if you can find one. Think I paid $460 for a demo model.

OP, one other thing since you seem to be new to the discipline: get your new scope with a milliradian (mils) rerticle - not MOA. Trust me on this. It's to your advantage in the long run, even if you're used to MOA-reticle scopes.

AA Optic has refurbished Vortex 3-18x SEs for $500. With the Vortex warranty refurbished shouldn't be a big deal. Looks like only MOA versions left. Should be free shipping.

Focus Camera had them for $499 brand new. They often run specials and have to catch them on sale or give them a ring to inquire about their next sale.

Couple scopes under $500 currently on sale are worth considering especially since they have hassle free return shipping policies if you aren't happy with them. Totally risk free just to try out for yourself and do a side by side and just return the one you don't like as much no money lost with the free returns policy they even send you a free prepaid returns shipping label or just return the Athlon Ares BTR G2 to your own local Walmart within 90 days. I suggest buying at least 2 or more different brands of scopes so at least you get a chance to compare them for yourself instead of just buying only one scope and never knowing if you could have done any better.

Walmart online sale Athlon Ares BTR G2 4.5-27x50 $565.49 with free shipping and free returns within 90 days even to your own local Walmart. It's a little over budget but these normally sell for $869.99 everywhere else so you're getting some serious equity and won't lose any money when you decide to sell it since this price is even cheaper than Black Friday sale price. Lifetime warranty including it's electronics.

Optics Planet Viridian Xactus 5-30x56 for around $540 with free shipping and free returns within 30 days with easy to obtain 10% Optics Planet discount code. Lifetime warranty including it's electronics. Think if this scope like the Bushnell Match Pro ED but with better glass, lighter weight, cheaper price, and a much better lifetime warranty.

Viridian Xactus 3-18x50 for around $450 with free shipping and free returns within 30 days with easy to obtain Optics Planet 10% off discount code. Lifetime warranty including their electronics. Again like the Bushnell Match PRO ED with better glass, lighter weight, cheaper price, and superior lifetime warranty.

If you don't mind the weight, 39oz, Arken EP5 5-25x56 $397.49 with free shipping direct from Arken Optics USA with their current 25% off discount code. They also have a 30 day money back guarantee. Lifetime warranty including their electronics. This scope is not as clear as the above mentioned Athlon and Viridian scopes but fine if you use it as a 5-20x.

If you don't mind the weight, 35oz, Arken SH4 4-16x50 $224.99 with free shipping and current 25% off discount code direct from Arken Optics USA or buy through Amazon for the same $224.99. Lifetime warranty including their electronics. Amazon might even have free returns.

Sightmark Presidio 3-18x50 $359.99 with free shipping and free returns within 30 days and easy to obtain 10% off Optics Planet discount code. Lifetime warranty including their electronics. Copy of your proof of purchase receipt required for warranty.

If you're able to buy all of these to compare for yourself, and your CC has the available credit I'd say go for it and plan to keep only one of them and return the rest. With their free returns you won't lose any money.

Good to have a variety to be able to acually choose the best one from since buying only one scope especially being a newby won't give you anything to compare it to and you can actually cut through all of the hype for yourself.

I threw in the cheapest $224.99 Arken SH4 4-16x50 into this mix in case your own eyes are fine with it then you may just love it. Good news with Arken is their even pay for your return shipping of and when you need to use their lifetime warranty just like how Vortex does.

Don't buy the 6-24x50 Arken SH4 or SH4J, they are really junk IMHO.

I personally don't really like the Chinese made Vortex scopes but I would probably be willing try one of the 3-18x44 Strike Eagles for $499 next time I see them on sale.

Oh I forget Meopta Optika 5 4-20x Illuminated Z Plus reticle if you don't mind a SFP for under $500 from places such as Optics Planet with 10% discount code and free shipping and free returns within 30 days. Lifetime warranty including their electronics. This one has the clearest glass out of all other scopes I recommend and is the lightest of them all. No zero stop and it's a second focal plane scope. Nevermind they're out of stock in fact many cheaper places are all out of stock and Bear Basin is in stock for $474.99 with free shipping and don't know their return policy.

Last edited:
Couple scopes under $500 currently on sale are worth considering especially since they have hassle free return shipping policies if you aren't happy with them. Totally risk free just to try out for yourself and do a side by side and just return the one you don't like as much no money lost with the free returns policy they even send you a free prepaid returns shipping label or just return the Athlon Ares BTR G2 to your own local Walmart within 90 days. I suggest buying at least 2 or more different brands of scopes so at least you get a chance to compare them for yourself instead of just buying only one scope and never knowing if you could have done any better.

Walmart online sale Athlon Ares BTR G2 4.5-27x50 $565.49 with free shipping and free returns within 90 days even to your own local Walmart. It's a little over budget but these normally sell for $869.99 everywhere else so you're getting some serious equity and won't lose any money when you decide to sell it since this price is even cheaper than Black Friday sale price. Lifetime warranty including it's electronics.

Optics Planet Viridian Xactus 5-30x56 for around $540 with free shipping and free returns within 30 days with easy to obtain 10% Optics Planet discount code. Lifetime warranty including it's electronics. Think if this scope like the Bushnell Match Pro ED but with better glass, lighter weight, cheaper price, and a much better lifetime warranty.

Viridian Xactus 3-18x50 for around $450 with free shipping and free returns within 30 days with easy to obtain Optics Planet 10% off discount code. Lifetime warranty including their electronics. Again like the Bushnell Match PRO ED with better glass, lighter weight, cheaper price, and superior lifetime warranty.

If you don't mind the weight, 39oz, Arken EP5 5-25x56 $397.49 with free shipping direct from Arken Optics USA with their current 25% off discount code. They also have a 30 day money back guarantee. Lifetime warranty including their electronics. This scope is not as clear as the above mentioned Athlon and Viridian scopes but fine if you use it as a 5-20x.

If you don't mind the weight, 35oz, Arken SH4 4-16x50 $224.99 with free shipping and current 25% off discount code direct from Arken Optics USA or buy through Amazon for the same $224.99. Lifetime warranty including their electronics. Amazon might even have free returns.

Sightmark Presidio 3-18x50 $359.99 with free shipping and free returns within 30 days and easy to obtain 10% off Optics Planet discount code. Lifetime warranty including their electronics. Copy of your proof of purchase receipt required for warranty.

If you're able to buy all of these to compare for yourself, and your CC has the available credit I'd say go for it and plan to keep only one of them and return the rest. With their free returns you won't lose any money.

Good to have a variety to be able to acually choose the best one from since buying only one scope especially being a newby won't give you anything to compare it to and you can actually cut through all of the hype for yourself.

I threw in the cheapest $224.99 Arken SH4 4-16x50 into this mix in case your own eyes are fine with it then you may just love it. Good news with Arken is their even pay for your return shipping of and when you need to use their lifetime warranty just like how Vortex does.

I personally don't really like the Chinese made Vortex scopes but I would probably be willing try one of the 3-18x44 Strike Eagles for $499 next time I see them on sale.

Oh I forget Meopta Optika 5 4-20x Illuminated Z Plus reticle if you don't mind a SFP for under $500 from places such as Optics Planet with 10% discount code and free shipping and free returns within 30 days. Lifetime warranty including their electronics. This one has the clearest glass out of all other scopes I recommend and is the lightest of them all. No zero stop and it's a second focal plane scope. Nevermind they're out of stock in fact many cheaper places are all out of stock and Bear Basin is in stock for $474.99 with free shipping and don't know their return policy.
Definitely a great write up that will help alot. Do you have any experience with the Arken EPL4? I see it is a little lighter than the SH4 and EP5 but any reviews I come across involving Arken seem to be affiliated folks pushing the product. Lol I really don't have the cash to pick up multiples buy I could probably pick up a couple and compare them before deciding on one. Appreciate you taking the time with the in depth information! Anything under 500 has a ton of mixed reviews it seems...makes it tough trying to nail down one or two optics to choose from and even more difficult not being able to handle them before purchase lol

Reactions: Scopeye
Definitely a great write up that will help alot. Do you have any experience with the Arken EPL4? I see it is a little lighter than the SH4 and EP5 but any reviews I come across involving Arken seem to be affiliated folks pushing the product. Lol I really don't have the cash to pick up multiples buy I could probably pick up a couple and compare them before deciding on one. Appreciate you taking the time with the in depth information! Anything under 500 has a ton of mixed reviews it seems...makes it tough trying to nail down one or two optics to choose from and even more difficult not being able to handle them before purchase lol
The light weight Arken EPL4 are just ok nothing to wow about. Their glass isn't as clear as the EP5. Their 6-24x50 EPL4 is one I didn't especially like due to chromatic aberration past 18x or so and the 4-16x44 is a better choice compared to the 6-24x but it's very difficult to see the reticle on low magnification while the cheaper SH4 4-16x50 was easier to see.

The EPL4 4-16x44 may be worth buying for $299.99 and free shipping but it's just ok not spectacular. You could pay more and do a lot worse than this one.

I'd say buy this EPL4 and at least the Athlon Ares BTR G2 from Walmart online then you'll see a huge difference in quality first hand for yourself from literally both sides of the spectrum.

Last edited:
Don’t waste your money on an EPL4… They’re turds. I bought one, got it in, sent it back, the replacement was almost just as bad. Now I’m fixing to sell it, or put it on a gun I need to upgrade a more modern scope on, but don’t even shoot. 😂

Good to know, thank you
What is your main goal for the scope? Is weight a big factor? What magnification range? What’s your maximum budget? I can probably put you onto a much better scope for under the $600 mark.

Out of all scopeye’s choices, I’d be buying the ares btr gen 2. It’s a great scope at that price. It’s a great scope in its original price. Nice illumination, nice weight. Good glass. It’s a good crossover scope for hunting and target. It’s probably my favorite budget scope, I’ve been thru just about all the sub 1k scopes and came back to Athlon, ares, midst tac, helos gen 2 for all my cheaper scopes.

I also have this scope and it’s very nice for the price. I wish it had a zero stop, but that’s why I mentioned using a 30 moa mount. If it had a zero stop it would be very hard to beat in its price range. The 30 moa mount/rings makes it so you don’t need a zero stop so people can make it work. The 30 moa mount also allows most of the use of its limited elevation travel.
Great turrets, good enough glass and nice reticle. Highly recommend it if it’s set up the way I referred.

Last edited:
What is your main goal for the scope? Is weight a big factor? What magnification range? What’s your maximum budget? I can probably put you onto a much better scope for under the $600 mark.
Mainly be for hunting. The lighter the better but not a huge factor as long as it's not crazy. I won't be super mobile but the AR itself is already fairly hefty. I was thinking 4-16 or something around there. Will be shooting out to 500 yards or so. Max budget around 500 give or take.

I also have this scope and it’s very nice for the price. I wish it had a zero stop, but that’s why I mentioned using a 30 moa mount. If it had a zero stop it would be very hard to beat in its price range. The 30 moa mount/rings makes it so you don’t need a zero stop, so people can make it work. The 30 moa mount also allows most of the use of it limited elevation travel.
Great turrets, good enough glass and nice reticle. Highly recommend it if it’s set up the way I referred.
Yup, 30 MOA base should just about max the thing out at the bottom.

Reactions: Gohring65
Mainly be for hunting. The lighter the better but not a huge factor as long as it's not crazy. I won't be super mobile but the AR itself is already fairly hefty. I was thinking 4-16 or something around there. Will be shooting out to 500 yards or so. Max budget around 500 give or take.
Right now Midway has the Zeiss V4 4-16x44 scopes on sale for $699…. Slightly over budget, but for the quality of glass you are getting, you won’t beat it. And the fact is a hunting scope and lightweight will be a hide plus. It has an exposed elevation turret, as well, so you can dial for yardage. 👍🏼

I have about 4-5 of these on my hunting rifles because the glass is so good, and they are extremely lightweight.

Right now Midway has the Zeiss V4 4-16x44 scopes on sale for $699…. Slightly over budget, but for the quality of glass you are getting, you won’t beat it. And the fact is a hunting scope and lightweight will be a hide plus. It has an exposed elevation turret, as well, so you can dial for yardage. 👍🏼

I have about 4-5 of these on my hunting rifles because the glass is so good, and they are extremely lightweight.

$50 cheaper here $649.99 with free shipping and what's really weird is Scopelist has them for $699.99 aren't they suppoyti be the same company?

"Zeiss Conquest V4 4-16x44mm ZBR-2 #92 Ext. Elev. Turret Riflescope 522931-9992-080 For Sale | SHIPS FREE! - EuroOptic.com" https://www.eurooptic.com/Zeiss-CON...92-Ext-Elevation-Turret-Ballistic-Stop-2.aspx

Nevermind they are different reticle than what you posted and Scopelist just lowered their price to match EuroOptic for $649.99 with free shipping. The priced just dropped by $50 within just minutes.

"Zeiss Conquest V4 4-16x44mm ZBR-2 #92 Ext. Elev. Turret Riflescope 522931-9992-080 For Sale | SHIPS FREE!" https://www.scopelist.com/Zeiss-CON...xt-Elevation-Turret-Ballistic-Stop-2-new.aspx

They're selling for cheaper here at EuroOptic and Scopelist as well and it's cheaper compared buying direct from Bushnell. Bushnell were selling these for $449.99 then they were forced to lowered their prices to match the $349.99 second party dealers price after I pushed everyone to save $100 on them at their cheaper price through these second party dealers instead of buying direct from Bushnell to keep the (DIRECT TO CONSUMER) cost down.

Hey there RCBS-Bushnell does the 5 year warranty on their electronics (illuminated reticles) start from date of manufacture or actual date of purchase?
Iron clad warranty states no receipt required so how do you know when their 5 year warranty is expired? How much does it/ will it cost your customers to fix their electronics/ illuminated reticles past their limited 5 year warranty and will you even offer to repair them and charge customers for parts and labor how much is it going to cost total? ROUGH ESTIMATE GIVE OR TAKE is fine. I ask this important question because SIG (I know not affiliated with Bushnell this is just one example) has no plans to repair their customers' electronics in their scopes and rangefinder binoculars and rangefinders etc past their 5 year limited warranty (from date of manufacture not date of actual purchase).

I had no idea Bushnell warranty was only 5 years for electronics in scopes when I purchased my Match Pro with illuminated reticle a while back and thought it was advertised as having a lifetime warranty (including their electronics). It doesn't matter to me now because I prefer the Engage 6-24x50 image quality over the Match Pro after comparing them both side by side and also compared it to the Athlon Midas Tac, I ended up trading it. Matter of fact I even bought another Bushnell Engage after that but I must state I was disappointed spending $449.99 for the first ones I bought only to see them selling for $289.99 at Midway USA shortly after I paid the higher price for them.

Here's a good deal too (I bought mine for $269.99 with free shipping before the price went up) so assuming this one also has a 5 limited warranty on the illuminated reticle correct? Are you going to actually offer to repair them past their limited 5 year warranty assuming customers have to pay for parts and labor amdosthis 5 year warranty from date of manufacture or actual date of purchase?

"Bushnell Engage 4-16x44 Black Illuminated Riflescope RE4164BF7 For Sale | SHIPS FREE - EuroOptic.com" https://www.eurooptic.com/Bushnell-Prime-4-16x44-Engage-Black-Illuminated-Riflescope-RE4164BF7.aspx

It's clearer than the Match Pro and a lot cheaper too. I really wonder if the Match Pro actually uses better glass than the Engage that don't even use HD glass? I promoted the hell out of this one it's fantastic but now worry about the warranty and if Bushnell repairs out of warranty scopes and what's that gonna cost.

What's the warranty on this one too? Fact of the matter is, I actually promoted this scope and the Engage with illuminated reticle above due to their sale prices and Engage is fantastic but was assuming they had a real lifetime warranty including their electronics.

In fact I promoted a lot of Bushnell scopes whenever they went on sale such as these for example and Engage 6-24x50 and Nitro 4-20x44 and 6-24x44 and Forge 3-18x50 and 4.5-27x50 even of I paid a lot more for mine assuming they all had a no questions asked lifetime warranty and they went on sale for half price.

Are you going to offer at least current models of equal equity in exchange for warranty replacements for discontinued scopes that failed?

Also really appreciate you unhiding your BBB listing. RESPECT...

Last edited:
They're selling for cheaper here at EuroOptic and Scopelist as well and it's cheaper compared buying direct from Bushnell. Bushnell were selling these for $449.99 then they were forced to lowered their prices to match the $349.99 second party dealers price after I pushed everyone to save $100 on them at their cheaper price through these second party dealers instead of buying direct from Bushnell to keep the (DIRECT TO CONSUMER) cost down.

Hey there RCBS-Bushnell does the 5 year warranty on their electronics (illuminated reticles) start from date of manufacture or actual date of purchase?
Iron clad warranty states no receipt required so how do you know when their 5 year warranty is expired? How much does it/ will it cost your customers to fix their electronics/ illuminated reticles past their limited 5 year warranty and will you even offer to repair them and charge customers for parts and labor how much is it going to cost total? ROUGH ESTIMATE GIVE OR TAKE is fine. I ask this important question because SIG (I know not affiliated with Bushnell this is just one example) has no plans to repair their customers' electronics in their scopes and rangefinder binoculars and rangefinders etc past their 5 year limited warranty (from date of manufacture not date of actual purchase).

I had no idea Bushnell warranty was only 5 years for electronics in scopes when I purchased my Match Pro with illuminated reticle a while back and thought it was advertised as having a lifetime warranty (including their electronics). It doesn't matter to me now because I prefer the Engage 6-24x50 image quality over the Match Pro after comparing them both side by side and also compared it to the Athlon Midas Tac, I ended up trading it. Matter of fact I even bought another Bushnell Engage after that but I must state I was disappointed spending $449.99 for the first ones I bought only to see them selling for $289.99 at Midway USA shortly after I paid the higher price for them.

Here's a good deal too (I bought mine for $269.99 with free shipping before the price went up) so assuming this one also has a 5 limited warranty on the illuminated reticle correct? Are you going to actually offer to repair them past their limited 5 year warranty assuming customers have to pay for parts and labor amdosthis 5 year warranty from date of manufacture or actual date of purchase?

"Bushnell Engage 4-16x44 Black Illuminated Riflescope RE4164BF7 For Sale | SHIPS FREE - EuroOptic.com" https://www.eurooptic.com/Bushnell-Prime-4-16x44-Engage-Black-Illuminated-Riflescope-RE4164BF7.aspx

It's clearer than the Match Pro and a lot cheaper too. I really wonder if the Match Pro actually uses better glass than the Engage that don't even use HD glass? I promoted the hell out of this one it's fantastic but now worry about the warranty and if Bushnell repairs out of warranty scopes and what's that gonna cost.

What's the warranty on this one too? Fact of the matter is, I actually promoted this scope and the Engage with illuminated reticle above due to their sale prices and Engage is fantastic but was assuming they had a real lifetime warranty including their electronics.

In fact I promoted a lot of Bushnell scopes whenever they went on sale such as these for example and Engage 6-24x50 and Nitro 4-20x44 and 6-24x44 and Forge 3-18x50 and 4.5-27x50 even of I paid a lot more for mine assuming they all had a no questions asked lifetime warranty and they went on sale for half price.

Are you going to offer at least current models of equal equity in exchange for warranty replacements for discontinued scopes that failed?

Bushnell charged me $35 to replace a $1 throw lever, that’s not much more than an aluminum screw essentially, for my DMR3 G4P. I can’t imagine dealing with more important issues through them. Pitiful.

Out of all scopeye’s choices, I’d be buying the ares btr gen 2. It’s a great scope at that price. It’s a great scope in its original price. Nice illumination, nice weight. Good glass. It’s a good crossover scope for hunting and target. It’s probably my favorite budget scope, I’ve been thru just about all the sub 1k scopes and came back to Athlon, ares, midst tac, helos gen 2 for all my cheaper scopes.
We have two Ares BTRs on Ruger RPRs... good scope at just over $500. The most I've shot at is 550 yards, had no problem seeing hits or misses. I have one Arken, the biggest issue I have with them is the 34mm body, harder to find rings/mounts and they're typically more expensive. Keep in mind you can either get the 25% discount, OR the special price on the accessory package, you can't do both (I asked them directly, no can do). So crunch the numbers on which works best for you

We have two Ares BTRs on Ruger RPRs... good scope at just over $500. The most I've shot at is 550 yards, had no problem seeing hits or misses. I have one Arken, the biggest issue I have with them is the 34mm body, harder to find rings/mounts and they're typically more expensive. Keep in mind you can either get the 25% discount, OR the special price on the accessory package, you can't do both (I asked them directly, no can do). So crunch the numbers on which works best for you
Expensive? Sometimes...But not by much. Harder to find? Not hardly. Google search, and you'll see pretty much everyone makes 34mm rings and mounts these days...Most of which are the same price as their 30mm rings. The ARC rings cost the same, and so do the Seekins. In the last couple years, 34mm has now become the new standard, where 30mm was for the last 10 years or so.

Even the Arken rings are ok if that’s all you can afford. I’ve had an Athlon Helos in those on a T1X for a couple of years and they have worked ok. Not unhappy with them.

Even the Arken rings are ok if that’s all you can afford. I’ve had an Athlon Helos in those on a T1X for a couple of years and they have worked ok. Not unhappy with them.
I've even promoted the Athlon Helos 6-24x50 BTR G2s when I saw them on sale for $299.99 at Midway USA a couple of years ago to help save everyone money. It was a very good deal like half price. This one's better quality than the Arken EP5 and most other brands of scopes in it's price range from Element Optics including their more expensive Titan, Bushnell (except their Engage - IQ only), Vortex Strike Eagle etc.

I actually prefer their Midas Tac and Ares BTR G2 for their nicer HD glass though but it's a personal preference.

Warranty warrior/ sale price warrior...

Reactions: BCP and Gohring65
Expensive? Sometimes...But not by much. Harder to find? Not hardly. Google search, and you'll see pretty much everyone makes 34mm rings and mounts these days...Most of which are the same price as their 30mm rings. The ARC rings cost the same, and so do the Seekins. In the last couple years, 34mm has now become the new standard, where 30mm was for the last 10 years or so.
Well of course i did a google search...I'm on the internet, aren't I? LOL I was looking for a cantilver mount for an AR. Was looking for a "mid-price" mount, not something that costs as much as a cheap scope. At the time there wasn't much available, and IIRC Arken did not have one, or they were out of stock at the time. Anyway, I ended up with a Leupold. I was not looking for one with 20 MOA built in as I had no intention of shooting any log distances with it

Well of course i did a google search...I'm on the internet, aren't I? LOL I was looking for a cantilver mount for an AR. Was looking for a "mid-price" mount, not something that costs as much as a cheap scope. At the time there wasn't much available, and IIRC Arken did not have one, or they were out of stock at the time. Anyway, I ended up with a Leupold. I was not looking for one with 20 MOA built in as I had no intention of shooting any log distances with it
You would be surprised on forums how many people ask stupid questions that would have been answered with a simple 30 second google search. 😂 Instead they post them, the threads blow up, and sucks up bandwidth that could be used for something else.

Quality 1-piece 34mm mount, 0MOA, standard 1-piece height...

Also, the definition of a "cheap scope" varies... There's budget optics, and then there's junk.

Reactions: johnnyvw and Modoc

That's a different SKU. You have zero to do with our business, and know a lot less about this business than you think you do.

• Haha
Reactions: Megalodong
That's a different SKU. You have zero to do with our business, and know a lot less about this business than you think you do.
That doesn't answer any of my questions regarding warranty and ability and or willingness to even repair scopes with electronics illuminated reticlea past their limited 5 year warranty and what's that going to cist the customer which I'm sure many other inquiring minds want to know the answers to as well.

Are you also saying Bushnell brand items purchased on sale through second party dealers are items you won't honor their warranty on?

Personally I like the Athlon Helos G2 DMR 2-12 or the 4-20.

For hunting or fast shooting I'd get the DMR because it has a thicker reticle that's visible on 2x.

I've used it from 10y to shoot fly's, win our PFT state match, and hit steel out to 1122y no problem.

DDont ever
I usually get a fixed power SWFA for a cheap scope.

The bushnell engage looks good for the price.

Kinda interested in Arken still even though the 5-25 I looked at was meh.
Don't ever look through an Athlon Midas Tac 6-24x50 or Ares BTR G2 4.5-27x50 they will definitely mess with your future expectations big time like how I experienced ever since comparing them to all future purchases from other brands regardless of price. If it weren't for these specific Athlons, I might have even thought the new Match Pro ED would have been ok.

The Engage seems to have nicer image quality compared to the Match Pro and Match Pro ED.

DDont ever

Don't ever look through an Athlon Midas Tac 6-24x50 or Ares BTR G2 4.5-27x50 they will definitely mess with your future expectations big time like how I experienced ever since comparing them to all future purchases from other brands regardless of price. If it weren't for these specific Athlons, I might have even thought the new Match Pro ED would have been ok.

The Engage seems to have nicer image quality compared to the Match Pro and Match Pro ED.

I suppose I should say "my" fixed and my SWFA 3-15 had/have poor IQ. I had a 10x around 15 years ago, a 20x about a year or two after that, then when the FFP 3-15's came out I bought two.
The 20x and both 3-15's were disappointing glass wise and 10x not much better.
I kept one 3-15 because it focuses close but I'm tired of it because I used it on a pcp all week when I went camping and at this point in my life its a issue I don't want to deal with. Also that $2700 pcp deserves better.

The Athlon Argos BTR 6-24x50 FFP scopes have superior IQ than both my 3-15's did/do/sold one to a friend. The three friends comparing two SWFA's and three Argos agreed with me.
Hopefully SWFA corrected the IQ in these but I'm not buying one to find out.