• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Sub-$600 optic hashed out to 10 mil holdovers?

bp78

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 7, 2011
Central NC,USA
Looking for a decently inexpensive optic for my .22lr CZ452.
At 200 yards, I have a 6 to 7 mil holdover depending on ammo and zero point. I'd like to find a 10x to 16x optic, fixed or variable of usable quality hashed out to 10 mils.

At present, I've tried and used the Wotac 12x (hashed to 5) and the Mueller APT (5 mil dot). Was hoping someone might know of something hashed out further. mil/mil would be great too but at this price point I won't be picky.

Anything used end up in the price range regularly on the forsale section? Perhaps a 10x fixed of some sort?

EDIT: No sooner than I post this I see the thread about SWFA putting their new 10 mil reticle into the 3-9 soon. That might be my answer, especially since I have the 5-20 with that same reticle on order. http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2609591#Post2609591

Re: Sub-$600 optic hashed out to 10 mil holdovers?

Why don't you zero on the top hash/post with a regular mildot scope? Don't zero in the center of the reticle. That will get you 10 mils.

Otherwise the closest scope I can think of is the Horus Hawk for the price point.

In this TMR example:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=dppOa-5jZLc
you can see five hashes up. Zero on the very top hash right before the top post.

Falcon and BSA tactical are two that also come to mind. Still best going with the SS.

Flyingbullseye

buy a ss 10x42. dont look back.

SWFA SS 16X.

Many of the other "budget" scopes won't have the adjustment range for you to zero at the top dot.

IOR with MP8 reticle. I heard that they are shipping the fixed 6x42. Would be perfect for a rimfire.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bp78</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
EDIT: No sooner than I post this I see the thread about SWFA putting their new 10 mil reticle into the 3-9 soon. That might be my answer, especially since I have the 5-20 with that same reticle on order. http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2609591#Post2609591</div></div> That's exactly what I would be looking at. Not only would you have a matching reticle on your rimfire, the 3-9x gives your .22lr versatility both close and distant.

I am starting to wish I had a paralax adjustment on my rimfire trainer. I'm using the weaver grandslam tact 3-10 mil/mil. Inside 100 I have no issues, past that I need consistent perfect cheek weld!

Are people having this issue with the ss3-9 without paralax adjustment?

I don't really want to jump it up in mag Just to get in a paralax adjustable scope. Considering a ss10x if there are people having any paralax issues with the variable SS.

I'll be home in a few weeks and will check it on my 3-9x if nobody else chimes in with an answer.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dantrom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am starting to wish I had a paralax adjustment on my rimfire trainer. I'm using the weaver grandslam tact 3-10 mil/mil. Inside 100 I have no issues, past that I need consistent perfect cheek weld!

Are people having this issue with the ss3-9 without paralax adjustment?

I don't really want to jump it up in mag Just to get in a paralax adjustable scope. Considering a ss10x if there are people having any paralax issues with the variable SS. </div></div>

Usually parallax errors occur at ranges less than the fixed objective is set for. Past 100yds with a 22LR inconsistencies in cheekweld, trigger, hold pressure, etc show up on target....

I think if a 5-20SS is on order for the OP, a 3-9 with the new reticle would be an outstanding companion.