• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sub-MOA with AR and cheap ammo

Asmodeus

Private
Minuteman
Feb 20, 2006
Bucks County, PA
I changed the flash hider from a Vortex to the Phantom QD suppressor mount, so I wanted to see what change the can would have on the POI. Usually this rifle (started life as an Armalite 20" M15A4) gets match grade ammo, but I had a case of the Guat handy so I grabbed a box and headed out to the deck.

guat.jpg

The group on the right was my sight-in group at 100 yards. Between the can and the ammo change the rifle was shooting ~ 2.5" low. That's a 10-shot group. The group on the left was a 2nd 10 shot group fired after determining zero. the shots that don't touch the big ragged hole were called fliers.

Here's the rifle. Groups were fired sitting at the bench, using the bipod but no rear bag.

m15can.jpg

Sub-MOA from ammo for which I think I paid under $200 for 1440 round packages. Got about 5K of it left, too.
icon_smile_cool.gif