• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Subforums format

anginaprinzmetal

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jun 13, 2014
This might be a stupid question or even something wrong w/ my browser. For the last few days I have noticed a new format of the forum where for example all items/subjects are mixed (say optics, accessories, firearms, etc on the PX w color tag on the title in a big long subforum but not separated by categories). Is there any way to go back to the previous format? Is this something related to my browser (Safari)? Thanks

Reactions: colorado_native
Click on whatever subject your looking for. IE: Firearms are a red box, Optics are a blue box.
click the colored box and it will take to that sub forum.

Unfortunately that does not work for me. Using IOS I have to go through the filter to get the new sub forum.

I made the video,

The Labels are links, each of those colors will bring you to a subsection

Screen Shot 2020-12-07 at 4.39.32 PM.png

I am using an iPhone you just hit that label it brings you to that subforum

Reactions: anginaprinzmetal
I noticed clicking on the tags does NOT work if you do it from the "New Posts" thread list, but it does work when looking at the "buy sell trade" thread list. Just an FYI

Well, lowlight that does work. It’s simply a little less intuitive, however that’s not a complaint.

You put a ton of time, etc into this so thanks for what you do.

There are still some upgrades to be completed, a few won't be done until January when an update comes out that will let us add in the new features.

But we'll have some "how to" videos which will explain how to use the features, as time goes and we adjust it, and people begin to use it more, you'll see it blend out into a better vehicle. Not everything is in place yet.

But this is a 2020 best practice change, a lot when in to clean up the servers, fix functions that were broke, and then update and modernize the site. After so many different changes and upgrades over the years, things were corrupt under the hood.

Reactions: anginaprinzmetal
At first I was a little skeptical about these changes, but it's really been a pretty easy adjustment. One benefit of the consolidation of categories is that I'm seeing interesting threads that I probably wouldn't have noticed before. To a certain extent, it's gotten me out of my self-imposed ghetto.

On the other hand, the commercial vendors have lost a lot of their visibility; if I was paying for that level of participation, I might be disappointed with the alterations - but maybe that's something that will be addressed as you roll out the rest of the new features.

Is it possible to make a new post have a tag? Not a complaint, its for more ease and probably better organized section.

I ask as for example, in the optics section: we have scopes, night vision, and spotters. Now we have new posts that don’t get a tag and we have a 4th non tagged section inside of it.

Is it possible to make a new post have a tag? Not a complaint, its for more ease and probably better organized section.

I ask as for example, in the optics section: we have scopes, night vision, and spotters. Now we have new posts that don’t get a tag and we have a 4th non tagged section inside of it.
When you start a new thread at the bottom there is a selection for "more options" add tags is in there.