• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

SubSafe, the product I never knew I was missing.

LuckyDuck

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Nov 4, 2020
    Pennsylvania
    For the life of me- I couldn't figure out which forum to post this in, but I settled on the Armory (mods are welcome to move it if I was mistaken). But I wanted to talk about the SubSafe product briefly and give full disclosure that I have zero interest in the sales/success of the product.

Anywho- the SubSafe was kind of a game changer (at least for me) over the past year with having a sub at the ready in the cooler during a match. I'd place it along the same lines of the "bino bandit" product of something that you might not have known that existed but ended up being awesome. Do your own homework of course but dang if this hasn't been clutch over the past year for me to have in my cooler during matches for a quick lunch.

-LD

1715803951978.png

-LD

Reactions: Steel+Killer
    I sorta expected these responses- to be transparent, I was oscillating between posting in either the Armory, Competition, or Bear Pit forums. I do get that this product wouldn't be for the proverbial 'everyone' but it was pretty awesome for me.

-LD

Reactions: XLR308
    Do you have issues with condensation making the bread soggy with this in your cooler?
    I haven't had any issues with condensation personally. There's an o-ring that seals the container for either the 6" or 12" option. As I mentioned before- I've been running this at matches for the past year and have been pleasantly surprised. I'm not shilling for them by any means but just wanted to share with the Hide a success story on a random product that's been clutch for me in the cooler.

I'd been disappointed using the ziploc bag method with the bread getting soggy but over the past year, using the SubSafe has been pretty awesome, cold meats/cheeses and dry bread. So a happy camper here. Some of their products are a little bit... meh for me but for their 'flagship' product that can likely be picked up for $15 or so- I've been pretty happy with it.

I'd guess that if you go the square sandwich route- Tupperware or gladware containers would accomplish the same thing but I hadn't run across a shape in their line at the grocery story that accommodated sub shaped sandwiches. As with anything else, results may vary but for what little it's worth from a random internet poster, I think this "plastic cup with an o-ring is pretty sweet.

-LD

Reactions: Sniperstud
    I will also add an electric cooler I just recently purchased that changed my life. I bought this cooler to put in the work van to have some cool/cold drinks during the day. For $150 this cooler has exceeded my expectations. This cooler will keep drinks ice cold or colder. No more having to deal with hassles of ice in a cooler having to empty the water and refill it every morning.

Reactions: LuckyDuck
    I will also add an electric cooler I just recently purchased that changed my life. I bought this cooler to put in the work van to have some cool/cold drinks during the day. For $150 this cooler has exceeded my expectations. This cooler will keep drinks ice cold or colder. No more having to deal with hassles of ice in a cooler having to empty the water and refill it every morning.

That's more high speed than what I was running the past year for a cooler.

I've been using that with the 6" SubSafe in 2023 (got a sweet deal/discount on it last year too). Nothing fancy- I just put an old Iced Tea bottle that had been frozen in the cooler the night prior- put my drinks on the bottom and the sandwich on top and it works really well for me.

-LD

Reactions: Steel+Killer
    I'm breaking mine out again for tomorrow's shoot- picked up some tavern ham, cajun turkey, pepperoni, salami, horseradish cheese, and provolone along with some spicy brown mustard, jalapeños, and onions. Oh and some fresh baked Italian bread & spicy hoagie spread. It's going to be a glorious sandwich.

-LD

It’s good to see we now have one thread where all of the spam threads can be housed. The mods must be ecstatic.

To be fair- I originally posted this on the "The Armory" thread because I associated this with gear discussions. But here we are in the Bear Pit- you do you by all means, I don't have any financial interests on the success of a glorified cup from subside but my original intention was to share that the fancy/$20 cup worked pretty well for me.

To each their own I guess?

-LD

I seen sub safe and immediately thought it was going to be a small safe you put in your big safe to keep something extra secure.
    Glad to hear the products works and prides you a good source for your sub. I can see it being useful, grab a couple of bites and reseal it.

I seen sub safe and immediately thought it was going to be a small safe you put in your big safe to keep something extra secure.
    Glad to hear the products works and prides you a good source for your sub. I can see it being useful, grab a couple of bites and reseal it.
    If you appreciate a good sandwich stashed in your cooler- this is an odd product seems to check some boxes. It's a $15-$20 experiment ultimately but I've been rather pleased with the results over the past year with cold meat & dry bread. As with anything else- you do you.

-LD

Reactions: Camelfilter
    Turkey, avocado, sprouts, lettuce, tomato, mayo.....dunno if anything else.
    Looks like a damn fine sammy.
    Tell the she devil ho bitch to make some more.

When we was newly married and I was a young Roughneck ms gamboolgal made my sandwiches
    Wrapped them in Wax Paper and put them in a Brown Paper Sack.
    Put it my lunch box.

40 some odd year later, she still makes a dam good sandwich

We donated the items in the picture and some old Coveralls to the Kilgore Oil Museum a couple year ago.
    They dress up Mannequins and use the items as props and costumes.
    IMG_7614.jpeg