• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Subsonic .22lr cost

300zx_tt

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 18, 2021
South East Pennsylvania
So Ive been looking for a few bricks of subsonic .22lr on my local forums and a guy messaged me saying he had a few bricks of aguila. I asked him what he wanted for it, he said make me an offer… so I started the dance by offering $.13 a round… he got pissed, he told me to pound sand… was I that far off?
I’ve never bought subsonic .22 before and I’ve seen it pop up here and there for .13-.15 a round.

I have a feeling he was hoping I’d offer him a bunch of money and he’d turn a profit on it.

SK Rifle Match $7.5 per 50
Eley Tenex $17.50 per 50

some just below and some just above and most in the middle

if you're talking match ammo that's your price range (SK Lapua Eley)

if you're just plinking then aguila and the cheap eley or SK Std+ is fine

Aguila Super Extra Subs were in the range of 12 to 13 cents a few years ago. 15 to 18 cents a round now (non-gouging) if you can find it. The price might be higher since 7M rounds of it were hi-jacked in Mexico that was slated for the US Markets.

I just bought CCI SSHP at local Runnings store for $10/100 or ten cents/round. Found it online for mostly double that.

If you keep an eye on Federal's website their 50 rd boxes pop up for $5.99 with no limit. They have free shipping over $149.99 but you have to pay tax. It's out stock but has been popping up regularly.

CCI SV is subsonic, fairly accurate in most rifles, and $4.99 in stock most days on CCI website.

But to your specific question…seems .22 labeled subsonic is at an extra premium the past few months. Gemtec subsonic (42gn) and American Eagle Suppressor were going for $120+ a brick on local trading and Gunbroker. I have not seem any in a store in a while.

I dont know if scarcity is driving that price or people not knowing most target .22 is subsonic.

However, even compared to SV, CCI quiet and Any of the other 710-900 FPS 22 is significantly more quiet, even with a can.

ZY

Reactions: 300zx_tt
CCI SV is subsonic, fairly accurate in most rifles, and $4.99 in stock most days on CCI website.

But to your specific question…seems .22 labeled subsonic is at an extra premium the past few months. Gemtec subsonic (42gn) and American Eagle Suppressor were going for $120+ a brick on local trading and Gunbroker. I have not seem any in a store in a while.

I dont know if scarcity is driving that price or people not knowing most target .22 is subsonic.

However, even compared to SV, CCI quiet and Any of the other 710-900 FPS 22 is significantly more quiet, even with a can.

ZY
I was lookin for stuff in the 700-900 FPS range since I’ll be using it with my first .22 can (dead air mask) I was going to just compare a few brands of .22lr and their subsonic counterparts and see if there was an audible difference. Was going to graph it out just because I’m curious if the labeled “subsonic” .22 is really that much more quiet…

appreciate the info!

I got absolutely burned buying "subsonic" ammo - because, from everything I've seen (and I'm willing to be corrected), "subsonic" means around 1000fps, down in the 950fps range in cold weather. It was never intended to be match ammo, and I didn't know that.

This compares with around 1075-1095fps for "standard velocity" .22LR regardless of weather.

I managed to sell (brick by brick) the case of Prime SSHP I got when they had it on sale ($3 per 50) two or three years ago for what I paid for it. The stuff sucked. Terribly inaccurate compared to CCI SV, let alone Center-X and such, and marbles out of a slingshot had a flatter trajectory. I told the people who bought it to plan to use it for plinking ammo (be prepared for occasional failures to eject with autoloaders) or for vermin control at very short range. Everyone was pleased within those parameters.

So, OP, if you're buying .22LR with the intent of shooting it accurately past 50 yards... or 25 yards.... you might want to reconsider "subsonic" and stay with "standard velocity."