• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Subsonic 308Win Question

Punisher29073

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 12, 2012
White Knoll, SC
I am working on a subsonic load for my 308. Using Trailblazer powder and 200 gr SGKs, could using regular large rifle primers cause horrible vertical stringing? I mean like 1 foot random vertical change at 100 yds. I stuffed cases with mylar to keep the powder at the rear of case.

Ryan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That your issue is the mylar. Fill you case with only trailboss and call it good. If your getting a 1 inch group you should call it good . Also try a lighter bullet

11 to 11.5 grains of trailboss is all you need. Mylar.. really? Never heard of that and I've shot a lot subs. I'd toss the brass and scrub the barrel. Remember start high and work low. No need for magnum primer or drilling out flash hole. Nosler has a new bullet out 220 gr. expander at 1000 fps. Nosler part #30181.

Correction - poly-fil stuffing is what i used. Not mylar. Not sure where that came from. I was using 8.8 grs. Maybe charge was too light. I have a bunch of these SGKs so i would like to use them. Thanks.

Ryan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk