• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Subsonic in AR10?

Re: Subsonic in AR10?

I imagine you might have some issues cycling the spring, but I haven't shot any yet so I'm not 100% sure.

I realize standard springs and gas settings will not work. I have not been able to make, nor have I seen an AR10 that will reliably function subsonic. Just wondering is it feasible?

When I had one, suppressed. IT would not cycle the subsonic very reliably.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kyshooter338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When I had one, suppressed. IT would not cycle the subsonic very reliably. </div></div>
Sounds like an another argument for a bolt rifle!

Mine doesn't even unlock with subsonic loads. Think it would take special lite bolt group, springs and buffer. Your only dealing with the same gas and recoil of a 40 S&W (175 gr. bullet @ 1020 fps) maybe a 10 MM when heavy bullets are used. The bolt group in a AR 10 weighs more then a whole Glock 22.