• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Subsonic loads for 308???

riley5001

Private
Minuteman
Dec 3, 2008
Ms.
Searched back several pages and couldn't find anything, so I'll just ask.
Does anyone have a subsonic load that will work in a 24" barrel 308 using Trail Boss. Prefer to use 168-175 gr bullets. Thanks

Re: Subsonic loads for 308???

Sir, there are many threads on this. I use IMR 4227 with excellent result. Lapua SS 200 grain bullets with rebated BT.
PM for details if interested.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Riley501</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Searched back several pages and couldn't find anything, so I'll just ask.
Does anyone have a subsonic load that will work in a 24" barrel 308 using Trail Boss. Prefer to use 168-175 gr bullets. Thanks </div></div>

You will have better success with a round nose bullet! I have found that the 30-30 style 150gr and 180gr stay stable better in the sub-sonic range!

Terry

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: suasponte</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Riley501</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Searched back several pages and couldn't find anything, so I'll just ask.
Does anyone have a subsonic load that will work in a 24" barrel 308 using Trail Boss. Prefer to use 168-175 gr bullets. Thanks </div></div>

You will have better success with a round nose bullet! I have found that the 30-30 style 150gr and 180gr stay stable better in the sub-sonic range!

Terry </div></div>

I have found the same thing. I use the Hornady 180gr round nose and Trail boss in an LTR.

Keith

I use 10.4-10.5grs of TB and 180gr RN Sierra's

I have a few thousand round and flat nose 30-30 bullets 150-170 grain if anyone is interested. I have been shooting them up in offhand practice at 200 yd line.
RTH

RTH, can you send me a PM with the details on those bullets and what you're looking to get for them? I can use them in my 30-30. I don't need a few thousand, but a few hundred would probably be a 10 year supply for hunting purposes.