• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Success! (Gun advocacy)

alamo5000

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
Jun 18, 2020
Everyone tends to go about things differently. I try to be nice but straight forward about it, but recently I wanted to share some success that go beyond that type of discussion.

My boss and his wife are both really nice people. Both are first generation immigrants as well. They are definitely the type that is heavily influenced by news media and so forth. In some ways they definitely lean a little bit left.

Personally I can see how much they allow CNN et al influence them and the way they think.

Fast forward to today and I just taught both of them to shoot guns for the very first time. Over time they eventually asked me if I knew about it so I said yes and offered to teach them. They heard a lot of BS about guns in general including suppressor use/ownership.

Where I work has a lot of undeveloped land and forest within a few hundred feet, so we walked over into the woods and I had the wife and the husband both shoot a suppressed P322 and a suppressed P226.

Anyway it was overall a resounding success on all levels. The wife had a lot more questions about guns which I answered. Some of them were clearly derived from watching left wing news outlets but most of those myths got debunked in the first 5 minutes.

After we were done I let them safely handle the guns and the suppressors which they both thought were cool AF.

I didn't go too far into the weeds, but I did do some safety training like how to unload a gun or check if it is loaded. Obviously I made them aware of muzzle awareness as well.

Overall everything went great and everyone enjoyed it a lot.

Good on you, hopefully they will continue and be able to enjoy firearms and convert some of their friends
Once one of them goes it's like dominoes.

More or less among other things it quickly dispelled a lot of BS. I explained briefly what makes noise and hence how suppressors work and a lot of other things.

Honestly though at least they were open to try. Now she wants me to teach her son to shoot as well. He's college age.

I told her that people can walk around scared of everything, or you can learn how to safely operate things. It doesn't matter if it's crossing the street, running a chainsaw, using a hammer, skillsaw, or whatever. All of those things are dangerous and guns are not any different.

told her that people can walk around scared of everything, or you can learn how to safely operate things. It doesn't matter if it's crossing the street, running a chainsaw, using a hammer, skillsaw, or whatever. All of those things are dangerous and guns are not any different.
That makes me want to understand electricity

Cause right now it’s out of hand.

DA4CE392-CA0D-4ADE-86B2-5DE25ED81D50.jpeg

Oh, AND she wants to see/shoot a rifle as well. All of them do. I told them I would bring a 300 Blackout and a suppressed 10/22 next time.

That's already on the agenda.

The wife especially is taking a lot of interest in learning about ARs. Up until today she didn't know what a semi auto was. She literally thought that meant "machine gun".

Reactions: Crewdog135
That makes me want to understand electricity
My point is not everything is bad. It just has a proper time and place, and of course knowing how to safely operate whatever it is a better approach than trying to live in a bubble forever.

Reactions: lariat and BurtG
Ya done good. I've "introduced" a lot of people to guns over the last few years. It's important to start them off right.

Reactions: alamo5000
Ya done good. I've "introduced" a lot of people to guns over the last few years. It's important to start them off right.
Right. I agree. Same here.

In this case it literally blew a lot of the TV propaganda out of the water.

The wife asked me about all the stuff she hears about people getting shot while she's standing there holding a 9mm.

I responded in a way that I think resonated with her. I simply asked her what would it take for her, as in what state of mind would you have to be in to go stab someone to death? The gun will not shoot by itself. It takes a person to do it. It doesn't matter what the tool is. The same thing applies.

Reactions: Cowpokey
good job! I love to hear stories like this

I took two democrat'ish co-workers to shoot (separate occasions) and both worked out well. Both bought their own guns and have continued.

One went wild and joined a shooting range with a training package, once he got really comfortable, he ended up buying like 30 guns in less than 12 months.

Once one of them goes it's like dominoes.

More or less among other things it quickly dispelled a lot of BS. I explained briefly what makes noise and hence how suppressors work and a lot of other things.

Honestly though at least they were open to try. Now she wants me to teach her son to shoot as well. He's college age.

I told her that people can walk around scared of everything, or you can learn how to safely operate things. It doesn't matter if it's crossing the street, running a chainsaw, using a hammer, skillsaw, or whatever. All of those things are dangerous and guns are not any different.
If she starts asking you to show her how to handle her husband's "gun"......run!

• Haha
Reactions: alamo5000
The sooner people stop allowing "news" channels like CNN and FOX to run their lives and ways of thinking, the sooner common sense can start coming back to America.
A end to 24hr news would do more for this country then just about anything i can think of.

Great job op