• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SUCCESS!!!young shooter enter an art contest; ATTN SQUIRREL MAFIA!

bigdaddydmd

Tooth Shucker
Minuteman
Sep 30, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
My brothers, I do not ask for much here and try to add good substance, but I am coming to ask for all of your help if you can spare it. My daughter is a artist and a budding shooter and she is trying to enter into an art competition. She needs at least 100 votes to get into the contest.

The votes are done with Facebook or an Art America account. I don't do the book of faces and already voted with my art America account. If any of you happen to Facebook and like her art please vote. Feel free to share the link on your facebook so others may see it and vote. Voting ends next week. If you are anti facebook like myself perhaps it would be worth making an art America account and voting. (plus is they have military prints and paintings you can purchase/peruse for the man cave).

This is the painting she made and it is her interpretation and expression of PTSD. (we are a military family and deployments tend to affect the kids hard) It is acrylic on canvas and 18x24 so its a big boy hanging up proudly in my house.
Parasitic - ToxicInfinity.JPG
Here is the link if you would care to vote or share.
https://fineartamerica.com/contests/billboard-contest-2021.html?tab=vote&artworkid=39415008

Here is my daughter who painted this. I figured it would give you an idea of the artist. I snuck a couple pics of her while she was chasing mule deer and going for 1k on steel. (Yes it is a 6.5 Creedmore)
IMG_20191004_064259981_HDR.jpgIMG_20190304_153638397_HDR.jpg

I hope you all can find time to help vote for her and get her into this contest. The Hide is my extent of social media so I am not much help to her in sharing the links for her. So I turn to the Hide hive brain to see if others can help me. As she says "No one my age uses facebook so none of my friends can help, maybe your boomer friends use facebook" what a little shit! My sincere thanks to those that can take a few minutes and help me and my spawn out.

Last edited:
You guys are awesome! Thank you. Guess I should have alerted the Squirrel Mafia and the GGWG crowd in the title

Done. Cool painting. I wish that more explanation about the purpose of the painting was on the art page. Would help more people understand the painting.

Reactions: bigdaddydmd
Done. Cool painting. I wish that more explanation about the purpose of the painting was on the art page. Would help more people understand the painting.
I wish so also, but it was limited to what you see. Kind of a shame really, since it is so deeply personal to so many of us.

I really hope y'all help her hit 100. It would be good for her confidence as an artist. She graduated this year with a 3.98 GPA, looks like a model, cusses like a Sailor, and shoots like a Marine. She can also have deeply held debates about the Constitution and knows what the hell it says. It is funny as she is a staunch 2A supporter, vehemently anti-vax, and gets into pissing matches all the time with her peer groups correcting them on the media fed bullshit. This one got raised right.

graduation .jpg

Last edited:
There is no such thing as squirrel mafia and they get really mad when you mention them.

The blood never comes out of the sheets....those poor horses.
(63)
Oh, its very real. They only get mad if you are doofus enough to even hint at being a part of it...... :cool:

@bigdaddydmd - passed along to my made homies and my brother, who is big into art. I think he has FB to vote that way

Oh, its very real. They only get mad if you are doofus enough to even hint at being a part of it...... :cool:

@bigdaddydmd - passed along to my made homies and my brother, who is big into art. I think he has FB to vote that way
Seems they like to invite people to play olive games and run away!

What the hell? I never get invited to play olive games. (What are olive games by the way?)

I figure most are out at the range on a Sat morning or just shaking off their bourbon induced hangovers so hoping more see it this afternoon and tomorrow. Amazing how far you have got her just this morning. Thank you to all who have helped.

Hi,

@bigdaddydmd
Does she do custom request projects?

Sincerely,
Theis
I will ask her. After she graduated she started to set up accounts and some way to take commissions. I can't speak for her as she is pretty adamant that this should be between the artist and the client. I do know she does acrylic, oil, and digital art. A lot of focus on fantasy and original characters.
Feel free to PM me or call me. I am sure you are a wee bit busy at the moment with the hurricane headed your way so whenever you get a moment.

Bump for my late night and west coast crew. Since you are all staying up late, drinking, and contemplating spending money on cool shit in the classifieds feel free to vote while you try to decided if you need a March or TT. Only 40 to go!

Wee morning bump for the after church crowd. Still have 40 to go. Thanks to any who have been able to help.

Thank you. She is getting closer to entering that competition. 36 votes to go.

I did find out that the voting is locked to an IP address so if there are two people in the house only one gets to vote. I.E my wife and I both tried to vote, but it wouldn't take the second vote. I had to turn off my wifi on my phone and just use my cell phone data plan and I guess that gave my phone a new IP address and let me vote.
I am not the most tech savvy individual out there when it comes to computers and IP address stuff so everybody that can help vote is truly appreciated.

You guys are awesome! I will let you know what happens next. The voting closes at end of the month. I am so glad all of you helped pull her thru. It will be a huge boost for her confidences ad an artist just to get into this contest, so for that I am truly thankful to each and everyone of you. May God bless you and I hope everyone in here has a great day!

Keep up the good work in raising a well rounded daughter. 'Art' is often underappreciated--my physics colleagues always looked at me goofy when I had to play in orchestra (not to mention some of the looks around here).

"Art"

Heck of a conversation in itself. While I will completely agree that hers IS art, and quite a few other things on that site ARE 'art'.... there is still a LOT On that site that just,,,,

isn't.

I know, I know... eye of the beholder and all that. But "C'mon man...."

"Art"

Heck of a conversation in itself. While I will completely agree that hers IS art, and quite a few other things on that site ARE 'art'.... there is still a LOT On that site that just,,,,

isn't.

I know, I know... eye of the beholder and all that. But "C'mon man...."
I know what you are saying. there is some stuff on there that is WOW! and some that is WTF?. Art is subjective. I did purchase a impressive picture of the Angel Oak because it caught my eye. I was hoping they had a lot of current GWOT prints and paintings as I have seen some cool ones, but they didn't seem to have a lot.

A number of years ago, there was a member here on this site, that was doing 'pencil sketches' of many good scenes/views/situations. I can't begin to describe what he did, or how good it was. AFAIR, there were many here who bought from him.

Oh, so long ago....

Reactions: camocorvette
Sorry for the hijack bigdaddy....
Some Hide art/history
1630367102385.png

A huge thank you to everyone here that helped support my daughter. She placed enough to enter into the final round of contest and while she did not secure one of the top 20 places we are all still very proud of her and her work. This was a national competition and the competition was stiff. The boost of confidence all you glorious bastards helped give her is priceless. She has managed to gain some publicity from the visibility this contest has brought her and ended up with some commissions; so once again thank you to all that helped.