• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suggest ball head for Feisol 3442 tripod. PRS

Danattherock

Minuteman
  • Feb 17, 2017
    My ball head, older Photoclam, isn't working well, locked up. Need new ball head that may support 18-20 lb rifle occasionally. I'm primarily using this tripod for rear support using the legs and to a lesser extent a tac table for lower positional stages.

Long-term plan would be to upgrade tripod to something beefier with the really Right stuff leveling head. But for the time being trying to find a ball head to get more use out of this current tripod in PRS matches.

Only requirements are that it be under $300, fit 3/8" thread, and have an arca/dovetail clamp. I will use it occasionally with the rifle mounted but primarily using this tripod for my Bushnell LMSS 8-45 spotting scope and as a secondary means of support.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Dan
    NC

IMG_20181231_105631169.jpg

dan i picked up a rrs 40 head and i have the same tripod as you, i also bought a rrs vice an i am very happy with the setup. i wanted to go as light as i could as i use it for work and hunting. i have 2 spotters a luppy and a swaro str it works fine with the luppy but when i put the swaro on it, it is ha to make fine adjustments and i worry about it falling over i guess its just me and what i paid for the swaro. if i use a gun on it with the vice its fine but i stay their with it and it supports the weight of a tac rifle and i do shoot good groups off it but i am going to buy a rrs and anvil head down the road.

Reactions: Danattherock
    The sunwayfoto GNN XB-44DL (around 250$) or GNN XB-52DL (around 300$) could get the job done easily! Their weight rating are 40 and 60kg respectively witch translate in a very smooth operating and long durability.