• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suggestion for LL and Staff

Oddball Six

Commander of Meh
Minuteman
Apr 2, 2010
40°25′N, 104°43′W
I was thinking that the shooting community encompasses a lot of people from a lot of backgrounds, but many of them hail from various disciplines where fitness is a common topic.

It might be interesting to have a forum for Health / Fitness where people can talk excersize/fitness strategy, routines, equipment, supplements, etc.

Re: Suggestion for LL and Staff

Great point, 175G, right now they are going in all kinds of places where its only tangential at best to the identified topic of the forum, it would be nice to have a designated place to collect them and discuss going forward.

sniper's hide-for the serious excercise and nutrition enthusiast!

-things like that are what the bear pit's for.

Certainly, under the current system, you can bring that into the bear pit. Alongside the Maser-is-banned thread, requests for help with hotmail, cajun seasoning for the troops, etc.

My proposition is that conditioning is on-topic to the periphery of building skill and experience in the shooting disciplines, and that like minded folks may want a dedicated place to discuss such things and ask questions without having to use a google search or tripping over a video of a gopher fighting a prairie dog.

I agree with Six, a health and fitness section would be cool.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">sniper's hide-for the serious excercise and nutrition enthusiast!

-things like that are what the bear pit's for. </div></div>

Don't you need to be following Savage around to give him hell? Or do you just like to take the negative stance on a legit statement. I agree with Oddball. Why would you want to put a serious subject in a section with random chatter?

I think physical health is an important part of tactical style shooting. You don't see many over weight blobs running tac matches with much success. If you are in poor shape, your lung strength and heart condition are probably poor, giving you bad shooting technique.

Sorry there's a void in your life since Maser's gone, but I'm not being negative, I'm just voicing my opinion that there is a more than plenty health and fitness forums on the internet. We all know that the key to fitness is move more, eat better.

Fitness is a legitimate topic, but is it really a topic we need to add a forum for on this forum? Would a fitness forum become a cash cow with vendors vying to sell their wares, so we can then look forward to finding cases of protein bars on prize tables at matches? Would it be a new opportunity for opportunists to try to make names for themselves and sell their wares when they have nothing to do with shooting or the shooting community? I'd posit that the majority of shooters here are of above average fitness capability and training, and that a forum to discuss that is superflous.

And actually, I have seen many shooters compete and run tactical precison matches with amazing skill yet in a shape is best described as "round" or "out of". Your statemnt to the contrary may exhibit experience a local demographic that has convinced you otherwise, but I've seen enough heavy guys kick ass at or run great matches that I don't buy that angle.

Your reference to savage110 is an uninformed and an obvious dig in its own right to get a rise out of me (hence my comment in kind), and has nothing to do with fitness and a need for a forum for it (or lack of need for it). If you'd like to discuss why I give the disrespectful little punk a hard time when he opens the door for it, I'm game, but there is no way that's germane to the topic at hand.

Maybe I should have said "that's what the firearms training forum is for", sorry if I mentioned the bear pit......but then again it really doesn't got there either.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sorry there's a void in your life since Maser's gone, but I'm not being negative, I'm just voicing my opinion that there is a more than plenty health and fitness forums on the internet. We all know that the key to fitness is move more, eat better.

Fitness is a legitimate topic, but is it really a topic we need to add a forum for on this forum? Would a fitness forum become a cash cow with vendors vying to sell their wares, so we can then look forward to finding cases of protein bars on prize tables at matches? Would it be a new opportunity for opportunists to try to make names for themselves and sell their wares when they have nothing to do with shooting or the shooting community? I'd posit that the majority of shooters here are of above average fitness capability and training, and that a forum to discuss that is superflous.

And actually, I have seen many shooters compete and run tactical precison matches with amazing skill yet in a shape is best described as "round" or "out of". Your statemnt to the contrary may exhibit experience a local demographic that has convinced you otherwise, but I've seen enough heavy guys kick ass at or run great matches that I don't buy that angle.

Your reference to savage110 is an uninformed and an obvious dig in its own right to get a rise out of me (hence my comment in kind), and has nothing to do with fitness and a need for a forum for it (or lack of need for it). If you'd like to discuss why I give the disrespectful little punk a hard time when he opens the door for it, I'm game, but there is no way that's germane to the topic at hand.
</div></div>

This is going off track but I would think a Forum sponsor has better things to do then give some teenage kid hell over the internet. That is very unprofessional and sort of like your other little statements that you drop around the forum, not very becoming of a forum sponsor that is here to serve the shooting community. He is part of that community and when he spreads the word that your a prick, your business or whatever it is that you do will probably suffer some. Your comment about Maser....... thats cute. I wanted him gone because he was a troll. He offered nothing to the site. Got my wish didn't I?! But if that's not the kettle calling the pot black I don't know what is. Every time Savage110 shows up you come in right behind with another statement about his "daddy's money" or "another teenage punk", you sound like the grumpy old fart that gives teens hell because you're not one of them anymore and can't stand to see someone coming up. Move along.... it's the internet, bud. Just some advice from one business man to another. I just think it's kind of pitiful to pick on a guy that IS supported by his parents still, so what? I am not defending him as I don't know him, but the few times he has talked to me he was courteous and respectful.

I think physical health is a good addition to the forum. Breathing exercises, lower back strength, Core work, all of these examples are what you need for a good strong and stable frame to make you shoot better. We don't need to invite Billy Blanks in here to sell his Tae Bo crap we have plenty of sponsors but if they want to pay Frank..... by all means thats more income for the site. Go right ahead.

wait a minute. KY you follow around people all the time and post about them upping their post counts and giving them all kinds of hell about posting with CAPS LOCK on....now you tell others to give people a break on the internet....pot calling the kettle black if you ask me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JCH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">wait a minute. KY you follow around people all the time and post about them upping their post counts and giving them all kinds of hell about posting with CAPS LOCK on....now you tell others to give people a break on the internet....pot calling the kettle black if you ask me. </div></div>

Do I follow the same person and constantly put them down over the same thing? No, because I tell people to follow the forum rules does not make me a bully. This is also about professional etiquette....

This is off topic. back on track for the OP.

Ky you always have a smartass comment to say about something. I find it funny you're going after sobrbiker.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYshooter338$</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Don't you need to be following Savage around to give him hell? Or do you just like to take the negative stance on a legit statement. </div></div>

Just a reminder that you brought it up.

I voiced my opinion that I disagree that a fitnes forum is needed, that's all. Suggested Bear Pit because it doesn't fit anywhere else. Maggie's Drawers is supposed to be the random jokester section.

Im not calling you out. I just find it strange that you would do that out in the open being an industry professional represented here....

Do I call people out? Sure.... but its over obvious reasons. Oh well, sometimes you just can't win.

My vote is its a good idea and they high brass could consider it. Will it happen? Who knows. But I give props to Oddball

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JBurt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ky you always have a smartass comment to say about something. I find it funny you're going after sobrbiker. </div></div>

Thats funny JBurt considering how much you add to the forum!

You're prolly right, I dont add much to the forum. For the most part I keep quiet. I've learned quite a bit from SH though, and the people have been very helpful. Also, I will say I haven't learned a damn thing from you. Just sayin'

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JBurt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You're prolly right, I dont add much to the forum. For the most part I keep quiet. I've learned quite a bit from SH though, and the people have been very helpful. Also, I will say I haven't learned a damn thing from you. Just sayin' </div></div>

I'm not here to teach you anything or provide you entertainment. You want to learn go to the online training center. Have a good one.

I do find it annoying that you get on people who post bump but what does BOLTRIPPER add to this forum? I know he probably has a lot to offer but he has 13k posts of just crap.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYshooter338$</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-weight: bold">Im not calling you out</span>. I just find it strange that you would do that out in the open being an industry professional represented here....
</div></div>

yeah right. Interesting choice of when and where to make your comment on my posting behavior. I was a conscientious forum member for years before my name went orange. Seeing that I am pretty much a freelance rep at this point, if I have to change back to regular status to call things like I see them I probably should.

And to say 'ripper has not contributed to this thread shows what you really pay attention to in this forum, and how long you've been doing so.

I've got no beef with O6, I just don't think we need a fitness forum. I've got no beef with KY, just think you're misguided in your choice of who and where to stand up for. If you know the guy and have actual experience with him (other than polite banter) feel free to share elsewhere, but my opinion of him isn't changing. Perhaps not the most professional, that's why I've reigned it in quite a bit. I'll call a spade a spade no matter what color my user name is though.

Again, just to point out, the entire thread sidetrack was a result of you "not" calling me out on a completely unrelated topic.

Also agree that a fitness forum isnt needed. I come here to read anout guns and marksmanship. I could care less about fitness, and I dont want to read what you know about fitness either. I mean, where does it end? Can we have a cars section? Motorcycle serction?.....

If a number of people are interested in fitness related to shooting, there doesn't seem to be much harm in adding a forum related to that, if Lowlight is willing to add it.

And even a subforum for fitness-related product advertisers wouldn't be a problem, because <span style="font-style: italic">no one not interested in the subject would need to read it.</span> It might be worth consideration that this site is supported by ad revenue.

I have a lot more interest in fitness than I do in the "Hot Girlfriends" thread - which I don't read.

I know from attending shooting events that a sizable - and I do mean <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">sizable</span></span> - portion of the shooting community obviously has no interest in fitness. Some of us do.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lindy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I know from attending shooting events that a sizable - and I do mean <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">sizable</span></span> - portion of the shooting community obviously has no interest in fitness. Some of us do.
</div></div>

Lindy shoots.....and scores. Funny stuff.

Well, the "staff" really has no way to add it, we can't create new areas, only LL can do that. Next time I pm LL I'll make sure he's seen this, but I can almost guarantee he has. It's just a tough call, you don't want a mini section for everything, so some things get lumped together. I've probably seen as many posts for cigars, booze and cooking as I have for fitness. So next week someone may make a case for those sections too. Obviously fitness can actually be related to better tactical shooting, so maybe it does deserve a spot before the booze and cigars.

It seems there is an argument for both having one and not having one and I believe a good portion of people on this site have some intrest in fitness, I know I do. I don't think you can effectively train or compete even if you arent doing it for a living without some level of fitness (again I could be wrong) I think there also might be some legal complications with opening a section for fitness that was not moderated by a professional perhaps. Not that that matters really but you know it could be an issue as well. I think its a very interesting idea and certainly one that would have a lot of support from the shooting community but one I also see fraught with issues.

I disagree with the statements that fitness has nothing to do with shooting and I think that any decent military force on earth would similarly disagree (why do you think everyone runs so much?) at the same time perhaps stickies or something could bridge the gap. Im not sure why but it seems as of late people here seem to be attacking everyone else's point of view

I'd be in.

We've started a cross-fit style work out program at work (mandatory, to the chagrin of many) and it seems to be working well. A lot of us feel better, are cardio is improving making job tasks that would once wear us out, now easier.

I'd be for a forum about health and wellness.

Alright, I'll pm LL and ask him, there seems to be enough interest and the reasoning behind most of it is sound.

As for CKA....let's not push it.

All indications are that you'll get your wish granted.

Until, just run in place, this should help keep you fit until the new section is created.

I thought the idea of getting into accurate rifles was to avoid running after your targets and therefore do away with physical exercises...
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">All indications are that you'll get your wish granted.

Until, just run in place, this should help keep you fit until the new section is created. </div></div>

Nice one JK, that made me laugh and I dropped my hotdog, when I bent over to pick it up, I pulled a muscle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SofaKing</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Question, is Jillian turning more masculine each year...?</div></div>

The answer is who cares? You'd still bang her like drum.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SofaKing</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Question, is Jillian turning more masculine each year...?</div></div>

The answer is who cares? You'd still bang her like drum. </div></div>

Slick her hair back in the shower....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Oddball-Six</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was thinking that the shooting community encompasses a lot of people from a lot of backgrounds, but many of them hail from various disciplines where fitness is a common topic.

It might be interesting to have a forum for Health / Fitness where people can talk excersize/fitness strategy, routines, equipment, supplements, etc.

</div></div>

There you go sir, it appears to be an active forum now.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SofaKing</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Nice one JK, that made me laugh and I dropped my hotdog, when I bent over to pick it up, I pulled a muscle.</div></div>

You'd better steer clear of the new section....

If the fitness nuts get their own forum because they shouldn't have to discuss pumping each other next to unrelated topics like the motivational tits thread, can we get a sub-forum for the photography discussion forum that is dedicated to discussions of photography and not just random threads for people to post cell-phone snaps?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ratbert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If the fitness nuts get their own forum because they shouldn't have to discuss pumping each other next to unrelated topics like the motivational tits thread, can we get a sub-forum for the photography discussion forum that is dedicated to discussions of photography and not just random threads for people to post cell-phone snaps?

</div></div>

Good point....maybe we could create two sections, one called The Art of Photography and the other we could call Kool Random Pikchures and Stuffs.

I'll bet some yahoo would still screw up our high class photo threads.

<span style="text-decoration: line-through">You could make it a "you must be this tall to enter" forum.</span>

oops, forgot LL likes his photography
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Good point....maybe we could create two sections, one called The Art of Photography and the other we could call Kool Random Pikchures and Stuffs.

I'll bet some yahoo would still screw up our high class photo threads.</div></div>

Damn, if only all the moderators weren't shiftless bums...