• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

suggestions for 9MM carbine load?

biggjake

Private
Minuteman
Dec 15, 2002
Las Vegas,NV.
I'm having a SBR (11.5") 9MM put together over the next several months,and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for powder?It's going to have a 1-15" twist,so I was planning on using 115's out of it. I've never botherd reloading 9MM because it was so cheap and plentiful,until now (Thanks Obama),I'm putting together an order to load about 10k rounds.I already have the cases and primers,and have found a few bullets,but I just want to get some advice on what type of powder I can just buy an 8# jug of and be done with it.I'm thinking about Hogdon Clays,but I wanted to see if there are better selections out there for velocity and consistancy.Thanks

Re: suggestions for 9MM carbine load?

Alliant Unique is what I use in my Glock 17L and will be using in a 9mm hi-point carbine. You might have to try a few loads to see what shoots the best. I ended up with 5.5gr of Unique behind a 115gr FMJ.

If you're going to be using a progressive press, I would avoid Unique as it doesn't meter very well. Clays, 231 and Tite Group will all take care of your blasting ammo needs as they meter well and are economical in terms of cost per pound and cost per charge (since they all use low weight charges).

Thanks for the input.I will be using a Dillon press,so metering is a concern.I use Clays exclusively for my 45 acp,and am leaning towards using it for the 9,but it looks like clays doesent get the same velocoties as other powders.

Even though I use Clays for .40, and .45, I don't think it works very well in 9mm. Titegroup, or Winchester 231 have served me well for 9mm.

Titegroup or Ramshot enforcer, the enforcer flows like water through the dillon and burns pretty clean.

i use a dillon 550 and unique for most of my pistol loads (380,9mm,40,45 gap,45acp) and it doesnt vary more than a 1/10 on even my acps.

AA#7 is on the slower side and should give excellent carbine velocity. I used to shoot a lot of it out of my MP40 and Uzi.

Powerpistol looks promising. I have a batch loaded up waiting for testing.